Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually Arsenal had quite a few close chances in the first half but I fell asleep before any gaols were scored. It reminded me of the first leg at nou camp, Liverpool had quite a few close chances and were threatening before the first goal. Robbo alluded to this in an essay he wrote recently on his career so far saying something like it was from that first half that he held the belief after the first leg loss that it could be overcome at Anfield.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Me too. Don't know can bear to watch the match or not. :(

Sigh, I am already giving up now, feel just like eating sleeping pill on sat night then sleep through it and check the result the next morning

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arsenal lost is a motivation for spurs fan. As we know they are rivals, then arsenal fan from UK hope spurs lose to us.

I also quite afraid of this sat match. Spurs never gone to ucl final and this is their only chance to lift the cup. I hope we can get the sixth trophy

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I expect a Liverpool win, the hurt from last year finals is too strong and Liverpool have overcame and beaten 3 elite teams in Europe, the French, German and Spanish champions on the way to finals. Tottenham beat Man City who is strong in England but underwhelming in Europe though.

Arsenal lost is a motivation for spurs fan. As we know they are rivals, then arsenal fan from UK hope spurs lose to us.

I also quite afraid of this sat match. Spurs never gone to ucl final and this is their only chance to lift the cup. I hope we can get the sixth trophy

Last edited:

Takechan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5kc4wy5237131.jpg

Believe, guys

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We'll thrash spurs in the final.
1-0 half time lead early goal.
And 3 more goals in the 2nd half.
4-0 win for liverpool

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Champions league final between an established traditional european powerhouse vs a new kid on the block. Usually the team with the greater history n legacy triumph. Last decade with the exception of Chelsea beating Bayern (at penalties if I shd add) it's always been the traditional powerhouse teams. Most notably Real Madrid.

Even when we beat milan in 2005 as overwhelming underdogs we were always established as a traditional powerhouse just that one that dwindled away.

I know in a final reputation n names counts for absolutely nothing. But despite many ppl putting spurs in a very good position to upset us. I cannot see how we dont win the 6th European cup. It could be a surprise finish where we just absolutely RIP them apart.

They made history being in the final for the first time. We have a history of making finals and winning them. Let's bring back no.6.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, although recent form and head to head record counts for nothing in the final, the previous finals for the past 14 finals have been won by the traditional European royalities like Liverpool, AC Milan, Manure, Barcelona,and Real Madrid. Chelsea have won in 2012 but they have been playing in the Champions League for the past 9 seasons. Tottenham have always been a Europa League team and have been playing in the Champions League only for 5 seasons. Most underdogs still end up losing the finals or extra time. It will be be a taller order for Tottenham to win their first Champions League than Liverpool to win 6th Champions League.

We'll thrash spurs in the final.
1-0 half time lead early goal.
And 3 more goals in the 2nd half.
4-0 win for liverpool

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greece, Denmark, Portugal ...all underdogs have won! So the underdog, favourite tag is useless

I agree with you, although recent form and head to head record counts for nothing in the final, the previous finals for the past 14 finals have been won by the traditional European royalities like Liverpool, AC Milan, Manure, Barcelona,and Real Madrid. Chelsea have won in 2012 but they have been playing in the Champions League for the past 9 seasons. Tottenham have always been a Europa League team and have been playing in the Champions League only for 5 seasons. Most underdogs still end up losing the finals or extra time. It will be be a taller order for Tottenham to win their first Champions League than Liverpool to win 6th Champions League.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one is UEFA Euro Cup which is held every 4 years and underdogs win quite often, as teams can suddenly become good or very bad in 4 years time. Germany was 2014 World Champions also got knockout in groups stages in 2018 World Cup. Champions League is different and most of the times big teams will win the finals and underdogs win around 1/6 of the time. That's why Real Madrid won 13 times.

Greece, Denmark, Portugal ...all underdogs have won! So the underdog, favourite tag is useless

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Every opponent is dangerous if given too much respect to them but i believe the team, time after time this season won matches after matches desipte hardship, so by giving up so easy is not a Liverpool way!

I am also having anxiety attack now becos why the **** UEFA put the Finals in early June! It used to be in the month of May like 2005!

I hope to sing THIS version of ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ on the morning of 2nd June, 6am:

We conquer all of Europe
And we will never stop
From Paris down to Madrid
We won a focking lot

Bob Paisley to Bill Shankly
The fields of Anfield Road
We are loyal supporters
And we come from Liverpool

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

In fact, nothing is better to win in Madrid to show Fake Madrid that how far they sock! LOL

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every opponent is dangerous if given too much respect to them but i believe the team, time after time this season won matches after matches desipte hardship, so by giving up so easy is not a Liverpool way!

I am also having anxiety attack now becos why the **** UEFA put the Finals in early June! It used to be in the month of May like 2005!

I hope to sing THIS version of ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ on the morning of 2nd June, 6am:

We conquer all of Europe
And we will never stop
From Paris down to Madrid
We won a focking lot

Bob Paisley to Bill Shankly
The fields of Anfield Road
We are loyal supporters
And we come from Liverpool

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

In fact, nothing is better to win in Madrid to show Fake Madrid that how far they sock! LOL
Actually last year finals wasn't that far off, it took place on 27th may.

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

Miroku90

Master Member
Reaction score
I may sound arrogant but I'm pretty confident on this final. There is just no possible way we'll screw this up. I genuinely cannot bear to think of losing this, would be absolutely catastrophic. I'll quit social media for a month if that really happens.

deadmanINC1

Reaction score
LOL quote first :s22:=:p

I may sound arrogant but I'm pretty confident on this final. There is just no possible way we'll screw this up. I genuinely cannot bear to think of losing this, would be absolutely catastrophic. I'll quit social media for a month if that really happens.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed....agreed....

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stevie:

“Two finals in two years. It’s an incredible achievement,” he said.

“Those people trying to put Jürgen down, I think all you’ve got to say is, before Jürgen came in they hadn’t been to a European final since 2007.

“Now, he’s put this team alongside the top teams in the world. The Madrids, the Barcelonas — you see him beat Barcelona 4-0.

“It’s a tight game to call, but if both teams play to their absolute maximum, I think Liverpool will just edge it.”

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think we are favorites
And why not
We shld own the favorites tag
It's the only match left for us to win it
We can't lose this
Yes, believe to win
There is nothing else that shld matter anymore
We have no reason to let this one slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.