Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just gonna enjoy this final just like last year

with a couple of friends.... some beer

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, although recent form and head to head record counts for nothing in the final, the previous finals for the past 14 finals have been won by the traditional European royalities like Liverpool, AC Milan, Manure, Barcelona,and Real Madrid. Chelsea have won in 2012 but they have been playing in the Champions League for the past 9 seasons. Tottenham have always been a Europa League team and have been playing in the Champions League only for 5 seasons. Most underdogs still end up losing the finals or extra time. It will be be a taller order for Tottenham to win their first Champions League than Liverpool to win 6th Champions League.

I think u shd say liverpool is one of the few team that when they get ucl they make it to big stages. U see spurs they have been in ucl more than us in past five years but this is their only final.

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year we do business early and have signing around end may of last year.

This year like quite quiet on the transfer side.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Tottenham is a team with mostly average players with a great manager. I rate them slightly better than Arsenal and slightly worse than Chelsea. The fact that they lost 1/3 of the matches in Premier League shows that are just another good team and not World class team like Liverpool or Man City. Tottenham got to the finals more due to Man City and Ajax underestimating them and also their lady luck rather than them being good. We won't make the same mistake underestimating them though.

I think u shd say liverpool is one of the few team that when they get ucl they make it to big stages. U see spurs they have been in ucl more than us in past five years but this is their only final.

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year we do business early and have signing around end may of last year.

This year like quite quiet on the transfer side.
I would like to think that any announcement will be after UCL finals so that the current squad wun lose their focus/ concentration...

I mean imagine we buy another top CF, then Firmino will have doubts ....

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Champions League is still a competition for those old European royalities like Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Inter and Manure. The fact that those G14 clubs have more than half of the Champions League titles, Real Madrid accounts for 1/5 and new rich like PSG and Man City still struggle shows how much UEFA still favours the European royalities. By the way Tottenham only participated in 5 Champion League only, so still need time to prove whether they are another Arsenal who participate in Champions League for the sake of participating or whether they are a serious team.

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Time to put out what i feel is the best lineup:

Alison,TAA, Virgil, matip, robert
GINI, hendo, Fab
SALAH, mane,Shaqiri

I won't put in Firmino coz of his injury and his awful performance last UCL final.

Shaqiri is fresh, fired up and deserve to start coz of his Barca performance.

Wat do u guys think?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prefer Firmino if he's fit enough.

need Firmino to defend from the front. Something that shaqiri doesn't do.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Time to put out what i feel is the best lineup:

Alison,TAA, Virgil, matip, robert
GINI, hendo, Fab
SALAH, mane,Shaqiri

I won't put in Firmino coz of his injury and his awful performance last UCL final.

Shaqiri is fresh, fired up and deserve to start coz of his Barca performance.

Wat do u guys think?
Klopp already said Firmino is fit.
Starting line up picked themselves already

Alisson
TAA Matip VVD Robertson
Hendie Fab Wij
Salah Firmino Mane

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manure participate in 29 Champions League/ European Cup Final 5 Win 3
Liverpool participate in 23 Champions League/ European Cup Final 9 Win 5?
Arsenal participate in 21 Champion League/ European Cup Final 1 Win 0
Chelsea participate in 15 Champions League/ European Cup Final 2 Win 1
Man City participate in 9 Champions League/ European Cup Final 1
Tottenham participate in 5 Champions League/ European Cup Final 1
You are right Liverpool have the highest cup win rate of all the English clubs and Arsenal participate Champions League for fun. Tottenham has always been a mid table or Europa League team and only participate 5 Chmapions League can't say much about them though.

skrw105

Reaction score
if firmino not able to start, i would prefer origi due to the two spurs big cbs.
may the luck still be with origi...:D

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if firmino not able to start, i would prefer origi due to the two spurs big cbs.
may the luck still be with origi...:D

I agree. Origi deserves to start over Firmino.

He played a huge part in getting us to the final

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
How can anyone prioritise starting Origi / Shaqiri ahead of Firmino if he is available to start?

With Firmino, both Salah and Mane play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.