Xiaomi Ultra Short Throw Projector Chat

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ALR Screens for UST projectors typically have gain of <1.0 which will reduces the light reflected hence it will be darker compared to projecting on a white wall.

Xiaomi projectors are rated internally at 5000 lumens but in reality it is only about 1600 ANSI lumens. Far from ideal for watching in bright day light.

There are other brighter UST projectors but they do cost more.

Yes, UST ALR screen typically has a gain of 0.8. With a ALR ratio of 70-80%, even with 1600 ANSI, it will still look bright with good contrast.

Xiaomi 4K is using 1080p DMD chip and shifting 4 times to get 4K resolution. For the price and performance, it’s still a very good projector.

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
Why don't want to support local sellers. Got warranty somemore. No need shipping. Test immediate.

petetherock

Reaction score
Why don't want to support local sellers. Got warranty somemore. No need shipping. Test immediate.

Is there a local vendor ?
How much do they charge?
There’s a lot of confusion and false advertising
Many of them are actually pseudo 4K.
So caveat emptor.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi Mijia 4K is a native pesudo-4K laser projector, however, it is still not a true 4K. So far from what I know, this projector uses TI DLP660TE DMD chip. It uses pixel shifting technology to increase pixels count from 2K to 4K by moving the location of the pixels by 2 times. Thats why Wemax has 3D mode while this Xiaomi Mijia 4K does not have 3D capability with pixel shift tech. So far only Sony is known to use a true 4K DMD chip, but this cost upwards of 10K and more.

Read the article here.
https://www.cnet.com/news/affordable-4k-projectors-are-here-what-took-them-so-long/

https://www.lifewire.com/4k-video-projectors-explained-4137171

Last edited:

klilynwong

Reaction score
May I know any good recommend and cost for 100" motorized projector screen matching with mijia 4k? Reason is for the mounted frame will hide my feature wall. Thanks

petetherock

Reaction score
Xiaomi Mijia 4K is a native pesudo-4K laser projector, however, it is still not a true 4K. So far from what I know, this projector uses TI DLP660TE DMD chip. It uses pixel shifting technology to increase pixels count from 2K to 4K by moving the location of the pixels by 2 times. Thats why Wemax has 3D mode while this Xiaomi Mijia 4K does not have 3D capability with pixel shift tech. So far only Sony is known to use a true 4K DMD chip, but this cost upwards of 10K and more.

Read the article here.
https://www.cnet.com/news/affordable-4k-projectors-are-here-what-took-them-so-long/

https://www.lifewire.com/4k-video-projectors-explained-4137171

This is where it gets pretty confusing..
Pixel shift is fine, but the Wemax does not seem to be even 4k with this criteria?
It's so hard to get a straight answer on this.

So is it 4k, and does it have an English menu?
Who sells it?

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
Total 3 models only xiaomi and wemax.

Xiaomi white color is not 4k, wemax black is not 4k.

Xiaomi black is 4k.

And 4k meaning shifting 4k la. Where got real 4k at $2k now..

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the different between xiaomi and wemax ?
Which one is better ?

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is where it gets pretty confusing..
Pixel shift is fine, but the Wemax does not seem to be even 4k with this criteria?
It's so hard to get a straight answer on this.

So is it 4k, and does it have an English menu?
Who sells it?

Wemax has native 1080p resolution and is capable of accepting 4K but downscale to 1080p, there is English menu anyway.

klilynwong

Reaction score
Kindly recommend and installation cost for 100" motorized projector screen matching with mijia 4k?

tsaiek

Reaction score
I tink this is the real deal here:

https://www.lazada.sg/products/xiao...?spm=a2o42.seller.list.28.79f72045wuYBfQ&mp=1

Sold by sincere_2006. Office/store/showroom at Jln Pemimpin. Can chat with seller via Lazada to confirm. Do note there's no warranty for this particular listing for whatever reason:

"WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY! CONTACT SELLER BEFORE PLACING ORDER FOR DETAILS!"

I got the 1080p Wemax Pro from him and he's a nice guy.

petetherock

Reaction score
I tink this is the real deal here:

https://www.lazada.sg/products/xiao...?spm=a2o42.seller.list.28.79f72045wuYBfQ&mp=1

Sold by sincere_2006. Office/store/showroom at Jln Pemimpin. Can chat with seller via Lazada to confirm. Do note there's no warranty for this particular listing for whatever reason:

"WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY! CONTACT SELLER BEFORE PLACING ORDER FOR DETAILS!"

I got the 1080p Wemax Pro from him and he's a nice guy.

Thanks for the link

So is the seller (or are you) Ken?

Or is it "element". Hard to get a proper reply on this and whether it's 4k..

tsaiek

Reaction score
Welcome. I'm not Ken. Not sure if the seller is Ken or "element". You may get your answers by messaging/chatting sincere_2006 via the Lazada app.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.