Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

green72

Reaction score
To all those still in their darkest hour, do create an action plan on what to do if you get harassed whether at home, social media or voice/text message.

Please, it doesn't matter if you really owe them or you get scammed. The harassment need to stop. While it may sound counter intuitive, STOP paying. As long as they can milk money from you, you are their focus target.

As others have advice:

- make Police report
- dont reply at ALL to these scumbags. (Calls/SMS/WHATSAPP) Block their numbers.
- close that bank account (advisable in case they transfer more but doubt it - they will lose more)
- ask bank trf back the $$$ (optional if you feel guilty. You are covered if you make Police report)
- inform NOK and Workplace (Very important, 80% of your battle won if able to do so)
- call 999 immediately if you see suspicious person outside house.(Don't bloody hesitate!)
- install CCTV for peace of mind. (require TC approval with a copy of police report)

Also, ignore the stigma of what others think of you. This is the biggest culprit to why some continue to pay or answer calls from these UMLs. Thinking by doing so can silence the problem. Just ignore what others say. I myself received some poorly thought and hateful comments from some so-called friends after they got to know about it. I say, f**k them lah.

Plan and prepare to take action if it arise. And stick to the plan, don't cower and hide. Man up and take action.

The UMLs are organised but so can you. They will be taken aback if you can fend off their harassment with little to no fear. Our country live by the RULE of LAW. You'll can make them nervous instead of them scaring you if you know what to do.

You need to get back your life these scumbags stole.

PS: On a side note, I still believe all this can be prevented if IMDA/SPF or relevant authorities can collaborate with Telcos to find ways to prevent unsolicited loans adverts via SMS and Whatsapp. One way is to allow the public to report these adverts and to suspend service of these numbers for investigations. Telco can call it CSR or whatever they like but they can play a part for the community as doing such activity for them it doesn't help their bottomline. These advert is the source of the harassment down the road. Number of cases will drastically drop if potential victims don't have access to these UMLs via this method.

Also, please be aware these UMLs roam these forum and also read and/or reply to our comments. They do have an army of keyboard warriors. You and I can only guess by their replies and comments to blame borrowers for their financial misjudgement. What this forum was created for HOW TO STOP HARASSMENT FROM LOANSHARKS and not why we did not manage our finances properly. For that topic we can open a new thread to discuss.

Last edited:

OneLeafBoy

Reaction score
Correct I passed them $600 cos they deposit $500 in my account and I didn't make the transfer previously as advised by police. That was when things got worst. Been two days since I heard anything from loan shark. Hopefully it stay this way. But anyway, I'm terminated from my company cos of this incident.

Runner stupid and victim scared. Sad outcome to pass $600 when he did not owe them anything or is there something that doesn't adds up?

Why he never call 999? Why he pay $600 is he's very sure he doesn't owe them anything.

I would get angry, not scared if they did this to my house.

Messup

Reaction score
Correct I passed them $600 cos they deposit $500 in my account and I didn't make the transfer previously as advised by police. That was when things got worst. Been two days since I heard anything from loan shark. Hopefully it stay this way. But anyway, I'm terminated from my company cos of this incident.

Sorry to hear your plight.

Didn’t you show your company the police report?

Fear Less

Reaction score
Hi Green
Welcome back. I am glad you are gaining some peace. A year is a long wait with feeling of nervousness. We all can begin new a life . And starting is difficult after receiving heavy blows from these son of a bitch. Yes, we get look down but we are still alive. My encouragement is there is some light at
the end, dim light is better than no light.

Pick ourselves up.
And dont fuucckk ourselves twice.

To all those still in their darkest hour, do create an action plan on what to do if you get harassed whether at home, social media or voice/text message.

Please, it doesn't matter if you really owe them or you get scammed. The harassment need to stop. While it may sound counter intuitive, STOP paying. As long as they can milk money from you, you are their focus target.

As others have advice:

- make Police report
- dont reply at ALL to these scumbags. (Calls/SMS/WHATSAPP) Block their numbers.
- close that bank account (advisable in case they transfer more but doubt it - they will lose more)
- ask bank trf back the $$$ (optional if you feel guilty. You are covered if you make Police report)
- inform NOK and Workplace (Very important, 80% of your battle won if able to do so)
- call 999 immediately if you see suspicious person outside house.(Don't bloody hesitate!)
- install CCTV for peace of mind. (require TC approval with a copy of police report)

Also, ignore the stigma of what others think of you. This is the biggest culprit to why some continue to pay or answer calls from these UMLs. Thinking by doing so can silence the problem. Just ignore what others say. I myself received some poorly thought and hateful comments from some so-called friends after they got to know about it. I say, f**k them lah.

Plan and prepare to take action if it arise. And stick to the plan, don't cower and hide. Man up and take action.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Boy,
Have no regret about what you should or should not have done. The result is inevitable, nothing good will come out of it. Prepare yourself for a new chapter in life. No matter how much they have destroyed , you can always rebuild. Some in this position may be a lot worse, family and friendships were destroyed.
We are your e- friends here though we dont meet.

Messup

Reaction score
Hi fearless and green,

Good to have you both here helping us victims to move on.

Yes, the anxiety of anticipation is not a pleasant feel. Pick up and clear the even deeper **** prior to engaging them, move on and plan for the better.

Jia you everyone. 人在做天在看

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, from my experience, just yolo and don’t pay them a single cent anymore.
It will never stop. Some may stop, but most of them won’t. And if you already pay more
Money for the principle, then no need pay then. At the most they come and splash paint. Call town council and they will help you wash the paint. And once they start painting your house, police confirm chop guarantee will track down all those aspiring artist, and throw them inside changi chsalet. Go to town council get approval for cctv, then just wait. They will definitely call your nok and workplace. But just tahan. After a while they also tired. But don’t worry. they won’t won’t physically hurt you or your family.

to clarify... town council will only wash and remove the paint on the corridor

those paint on your door and grille, u have to remove and repaint yourself

Fear Less

Reaction score
Good morning bro.
You too have been doing the same inspite of your problem. I was wounded lightly by them but I know what they can unleash . Its very vicious and deadly. Thats why I hate these scumbags.

While I do encourage others to help new victims, I can undestand most wont becauze of the size of problem they are faced with.
Those who came back, came out much stronger and I salute them all, including your goodself.

Hi fearless and green,

Good to have you both here helping us victims to move on.

Yes, the anxiety of anticipation is not a pleasant feel. Pick up and clear the even deeper **** prior to engaging them, move on and plan for the better.

Jia you everyone. 人在做天在看

Messup

Reaction score
Good morning bro.
You too have been doing the same inspite of your problem. I was wounded lightly by them but I know what they can unleash . Its very vicious and deadly. Thats why I hate these scumbags.

While I do encourage others to help new victims, I can undestand most wont becauze of the size of problem they are faced with.
Those who came back, came out much stronger and I salute them all, including your goodself.

Yea.... let’s fight on and hopefully more victims-to-be get to see this thread before they engaged them.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Good sunday morning.

I have nothing more to say than having you (mj saint) turn the scums into rats.

Nice to hear you bro.

to clarify... town council will only wash and remove the paint on the corridor

those paint on your door and grille, u have to remove and repaint yourself

Fear Less

Reaction score
You see one here, there are probably 10 or more outside.
It pains to see this is happening to our society.
Its about owing money , nothing serious to warrant them to do harm.

Yea.... let’s fight on and hopefully more victims-to-be get to see this thread before they engaged them.

Messup

Reaction score
You see one here, there are probably 10 or more outside.
It pains to see this is happening to our society.
Its about owing money , nothing serious to warrant them to do harm.

It is true, but if we can save one, they will be one down.

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those who lost their jobs. Can i ask how long u guys waited till u got a new job? Ive been applying for part time and full time jobs but to no avail.

lexuan

Reaction score
Can a unlicense money lender who forced loan scam get a legal debt collector? Cos even this the police can't answer.

Well, if it is proven illegal, then the debt collector would be nuts to go after the debtor.

As there isn't a legal ground to do so and the debt collector also should naturally by virtue of ethic/right of way, not take on the business.

lexuan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those who lost their jobs. Can i ask how long u guys waited till u got a new job? Ive been applying for part time and full time jobs but to no avail.

It can take as long as a couple of days to months. Job markets now are pretty tight so you should be getting good replies..

Otherwise, reflect alittle whether it is a matter of your skill set, asking pay, quality of resume and writing to employers?

If its hard to tell on your own, seek some 3rd party advice.. blind spots will remain blindspots unless someone enlightens you.

89girl

Reaction score
Hi! What did you do next? Did the UML harrased you in anyway?
After seeing much of the posts regarding UML here, i decided to open an account to share my personal experience. Hope it helps.

So 3 days ago i received an sms advert on really attractive loan from this no.85432784 . Something like this, 10k pay 190x60. Woh, very good rates i thought to myself and proceeded to enquire through whatsapp..
So he replied me asking for my citizenship, Nric, income tax assessment to check if im eligible for the loan.
So i provide them the info thinking its pretty standard. Next he need 2 NOK details home and office no. And lastly my singpass to verify that its really me via the OTP sent to my Hp no.
Oh well, i stupidly give them all details they required and my bank acc no.
(ok bros and sis here, dont provide them any details at all or dont even enquire!!)
Ohh, i told the guy i dont have home no. Nor office no. For myself and NOK. 😁
They accepted and then whatsapp call me. I can tell that he is a malaysian Chinese from the accent.
So he was saying, if i want 10k loan pay 190x60. For first trial, i will transfer you 600, 3days later pay 900. Deferment rate is 750(goddame good money to them). Dont worry, i will refund the 300 to you and loan you 10300 after 3days.
He said many customers complain about the 300 charges.
I just say ok i will think about it and confirm later. (oh he did a 5sec video call to check if im really me as in the IC)..

After the call, ithough to myself. If someone wanna loan 10k, why would he give me 600, and then return him 900. Then trf me 10300 again. (haha, sorry if its confusing).. So this is what ask him in the whatsapp as well.
If you cannot loan the full amount, then im sorry i cannot continue with it.

Ok, some about some hours later that night, im doing transaction via the bank app, and found a $600 being deposited to me(its a cash deposit, no account no.)
There are some miscalls from the guy and my 2NOK have got a misscall as well.
So late that night, ignoring the guys whatsapl and calls, i was googling and came across this forum which helps alot.

The very next day, i went down to the police station to make a report. The officer gives some advice(similar to what the bros and sis here said)
-dont reply to him
-close bank account
-ask bank trf back the $$$
-call 999 immediately if you see suspicious person outside my house.
-do not be afraid, its a long ongoing scam
-usually they will only make threats via phone etc.

Last thing i wanna mention is that, since that 600 is deposited to me that night, it has been deducted by giro for amount of $570 the next day before i can do anything to the money😅.
(this bank account is for giro purposes only, i dont usually put in $$$ here.)

So im really not sure about wanting to even return the money to those scumbags..
🤣🤣

I have some voicenotes and misscalls from the guy today, which i ignored, did not even open the message to read. Lets see how it goes from here on, i shall update again!

Once again bros and sis, do not give in to them, do not fear them, they are usually behind a computer(keyboard warrior if you wanna quote). Be mindful of your finances and good luck all.

Ps:sorry if its too hard or long to read.
Its my 1st post😅

green72

Reaction score
Hi! What did you do next? Did the UML harrased you in anyway?
89girl, are u a victim too? Please share your problem with us, if so. I'm just asking coz this is your very 1st post and I'm just curious.

Collectively we hope to guide you too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.