[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Plasticgoat2012

Reaction score
I just went for aetos apo walkin interview about 3 weeks ago as I was interested in the inspector role. I was told by the recruiter for inspector i have to apply to their hr direct n wait for the call up. Theirs sgt n below n for degree they will offer basic $3050 for sgt degree holders.

Am 34 this yr with poly dip and suss degree. I have completed the security wsq modules including some diploma in security management modules.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
I just went for aetos apo walkin interview about 3 weeks ago as I was interested in the inspector role. I was told by the recruiter for inspector i have to apply to their hr direct n wait for the call up. Theirs sgt n below n for degree they will offer basic $3050 for sgt degree holders.

Am 34 this yr with poly dip and suss degree. I have completed the security wsq modules including some diploma in security management modules.

You need to calculate other critical factors.

Minimum hours per month? Max hours per shift?
OT rate per hour?
Other allowances? Condition to reduce or forfeit these allowance?

Do note that APF Inspector job is not simply a walk in the park. Is very different & tougher than what you think. You need to balance the regulatory, your customer & your men which are always in conflict with each other. Often you work alone with minimal or no guidance/mentor ship. Suggest have an APF SO discuss you more the job before applying.

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your HR only 'interview' during your walk in and arrange another day to have an interview with SO like INSP (most likely your superior) for SGT & below position. So it is very easy to get in and the rest will depend on medical checkup & security screening by SPF.

For INSP position, you will needs to be selected for interview with their board of interviewer which consist of AETOS APF Commander, AETOS Training Academy Commandant and a few big shot like HR. The rest will depend on medical checkup & security screening by SPF.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plasticgoat2012, I agree with Blowpipe.

I will not touch on the scope of work and advice you to discuss with APF Senior Officer (SO) if you have the opportunity.

INSP have transport reimbursement but do not have joining bonus and OT pay. So your men will have more gross salary than you every month but APO (SI & below) do not have much valuable experience (selling points) if they are aiming for higher/top security management position for MNCs.

Your career advancement will start from P/INSP and will only be up to DSP cause SUPT & above are mostly airborne from SPF or other uniform group by 'government arrangement' for various reasons. AETOS only take in INSP but they recognized Polytechnic Diploma and Private Degree. Certis Cisco take in INSP but needs to have Local Degree or Commission Officer (SAF) / SO (SPF/SCDF) status. In Certis Cisco, they can hire your directly and convert you to DSP(APF) if you are selected for opening position like Commanding Officer and you are a NS MAJ(SAF/SCDF) .

End day, you SO experience is valuable if you are aiming for higher/top security management position for MNCs in Singapore or other countries such as SHELL.

You need to calculate other critical factors.

Minimum hours per month? Max hours per shift?
OT rate per hour?
Other allowances? Condition to reduce or forfeit these allowance?

Do note that APF Inspector job is not simply a walk in the park. Is very different & tougher than what you think. You need to balance the regulatory, your customer & your men which are always in conflict with each other. Often you work alone with minimal or no guidance/mentor ship. Suggest have an APF SO discuss you more the job before applying.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
APF SO jobs are not easy. Need to answer to many parties. For Company C, SO practice job rotations ie ASP (SOC), Insp (OC)..often rotate out of your BU after 1-2 years..in fact, I believe they are eager to rotate out coz is physically & mentally drained out answering ot the same **** everyday 24/. For Company A & S, normally their SOs are still stay for quite sometime until they are needed somewhere else.

Else after 1-2 years is also a relinquishing time for many SOs. When they join initially, they like wearing their SO Uniforms posing selfie around. However, many end up dumping their SO uniforms at a corner when they resign.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
IMHO, unless you are a commissioned officers from uniform groups whereby you are already addicted to wearing SO ranks else better just come in enjoy life as normal APO. You will stay and live longer.

Blowpipe

Reaction score
Most or if not all APF SO only used ASP or Insp as a stepping stone to climb up their career ladder. They do not intend stay long ie 1-2 years only. APF SO job sucks even though on paper APF ranks are supposed to be equivalent SPF ranks.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feedback to Higher Management or HR above matter (provided if they even care at all).

I will advice you just look for Aetos or other organizations if you are interested to remain in this industry and you do not have and bond. As for bonus, please forget about it!

I am working for Cisco for about 8 months and my posting is in tuas but I stay in eunos. There are no chance for me to change the posting at all. I still have a family to feed and I cannot afford to lose this job. Anybody knows how?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
P/INSP (1st year), INSP(1) (2nd year), INSP(2) (Very unlikely promoted to this rank on your 3rd year). So if only aiming to stay 1 or 2 year in APF industry, you will only be INSP(1) and not much of value compare to ASP & above.

Most or if not all APF SO only used ASP or Insp as a stepping stone to climb up their career ladder. They do not intend stay long ie 1-2 years only. APF SO job sucks even though on paper APF ranks are supposed to be equivalent SPF ranks.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then your only choice is to follow up with HR while endure for 4 more months to complete your bond before you change job.

I have already feedback to my superior but they say can't change at all. Called HR and asked but they said get back to me again and no news after that. I still have 4 more months to go as the bond is 1 year and if I quit before that I have to pay the company money.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you an APO or SO?

If APO, very limited choice and mostly end up Aetos or maybe SAT cause other APF organizations have limited vacancy since they only focus on protecting their own premises.

If SO, you are free to go any where cause we have 200++ Security Agency to chose from.

Most APO left APF and start their career as SO since they do not want to limit by that few APF organizations. Depending on your APF/NS rank, most likely you will end up as SO (Security Officer) or top up a few courses to be SS (Security Supervisor). Since APO know that APF is no longer their career, they will kick start as soon as possible to join Private Security Industry because they have to restart from junior rank (SO/SS) and it will be a long way to become a Senior SO/SS or Chief SO. Of course, cross over to become Operation Executive/Manager is the fastest way.

Which company should I change to? Company A?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So high for basic salary at $3,100 a month? Is it a confirmed gross salary (must meet certain amount of OT hours per month + Basic)? What your APF rank if you join Aetos?

I'm a APO. Just saw an Ad for company A in today's newspaper. I called the company's HR and they told me basic salary is $3,100 a month which is considered high and they do have a lot of OTs to do, and gross salary for a month can hit up to $4,500. Looks like company A is my next choice to go to.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The amount of 'mandatory' OTs already included into your basic salary of $3,100 or not?

Yes for company A's basic salary is $3,100. There are a lot of OTs to do and they will forced us to do OTs. My rank is Sgt.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also got. End day APOs / POs do not have good experience in Company C / A with their superiors, work colleagues, clients, Site assignment (SOP / culture / static duty deployment / working hours / far from house / etc) and HR cannot do any thing to help them, which is the reason why they change to Company A / C.

Mostly I heard is ppl from company A transferred to company C. Hardly got ppl transferred from company C to company A.

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know the basic salary for unarmed or armed APO which only holding higher nitec?
Wat is the max age to join.
Thanks.

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not yet included. Basic salary for Sgt rank is $3,100. They already accepted me, now only waiting for my contract at C to finish then I will jump over to A.
That's pretty high for basic. Include ot could be $4k+. No doubt it's a tough job

What's the requirements for direct sgt?

Faux Pas

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an APO with Aetos. feel free to ask me any questions or pm me.

Faux Pas

Master Member
Reaction score
That's pretty high for basic. Include ot could be $4k+. No doubt it's a tough job

What's the requirements for direct sgt?

Higher nitec or Diploma able to get direct SGT, there are certain requirements for example your NS rank etc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.