NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

jungah

Reaction score
Hello! Does anyone know what criteria are used to shortlist applicants for PGDE? Do they mainly just look at GPA? Would 3.8/5 be a decent enough GPA to have a chance at being shortlisted for the interview (PGDE Sec)?

Last edited:

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
Hello! Does anyone know what criteria are used to shortlist applicants for PGDE? Do they mainly just look at GPA? Would 3.8/5 be a decent enough GPA to have a chance at being shortlisted for the interview (PGDE Sec)?

3.8/5 is actually good. I know people who scored lower and made it thru. As long you're from local uni and abv 3.5, you stand a chance. You should give it a shot!! What subjects you intending to teach?

chocoangel

Reaction score
Requirement to get into pdge after degree

Does anyone know what is the minimum requirement to get into pdge after getting a degree? Do they sill see O'Level results?

jungah

Reaction score
3.8/5 is actually good. I know people who scored lower and made it thru. As long you're from local uni and abv 3.5, you stand a chance. You should give it a shot!! What subjects you intending to teach?
Thanks for the reply! I am from NBS and hence am interested in applying for PoA and math. Since PoA is not a subject that is taken by many people, would that affect the chances of getting in since not many teachers are needed? Likewise for math, is it true that the supply for math teachers are too high and there is not much of a demand for new teachers?

Last edited:

chocoangel

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I am from NBS and hence am interested in applying for PoA and math. Since PoA is not a subject that is taken by many people, would that affect the chances of getting in since not many teachers are needed? Likewise for math, is it true that the supply for math teachers are too high and there is not much of a demand for new teachers?

are you a graduating student?

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score

Tbh, most POA teachers out there are those who are mid career change who have experience in the accounting industry. As for maths, there's definitely an over supply. But you should definitely give it a try as you may nvr know,they might need POA teachers for that year.
Your qualifications are there. Just the supply and demand part haha. All the best!

AteLikeQuina

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone received offer letter this week so far? Or has there been any pdge art applicant who received letter as well? Thanks!

jacktheline

Reaction score
I am guessing most likely the earliest stint for those (including myself) who have not received any offer letter is next year. :(

Beezeeyes

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone received offer letter this week so far? Or has there been any pdge art applicant who received letter as well? Thanks!
Nothing for me too. Email-ed MOE and they said it is still in process and would give me a reply by this week. SIGH

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
Just received my possible offer of contract. Signing of the contract will be on 13th June at 8.30am!

jacktheline

Reaction score
OMG! After a long wait, I have received my possible offer of appointment and the briefing is on 13 June 2019.

nicotineeee

Reaction score
Congrats to those who received a positive reply!! :) I still have not received the email yet and I’m starting to get worried:(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.