Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

89girl

Reaction score
Hi. Yes, I'm a victim too. Started off sending a WhatsApp to this guy named D. Asked for 1000 loan. Gave my ic, singpass, then otp code. Gave my nok contact, office no and my bank details. After a while I told him I don't need the loan. He asked "what happened" and I told him I don't need it already.

Next thing I know, that night itself, 750 was transferred to my account. Checked with him and he said to take the rolling money first. I told him I don't need the money, he just ignored. The next day I went to close my account, made a police report and installed cctv.

Till now, a week has passed. No account number to be given. But the IO said that if this guy were to give the account number, just transfer and block the number. And ignore all calls.

Now I'm just worried. What will he do next? Yes, I'm a gullible person to fall for this trap/scam. I don't know how to recover from here onwards.

Advise? Help? Please.

89girl, are u a victim too? Please share your problem with us, if so. I'm just asking coz this is your very 1st post and I'm just curious.

Collectively we hope to guide you too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi. Yes, I'm a victim too. Started off sending a WhatsApp to this guy named Darren. Asked for 1000 loan. Gave my ic, singpass, then otp code. Gave my nok contact, office no and my bank details. After a while I told him I don't need the loan. He asked "what happened" and I told him I don't need it already.

Next thing I know, that night itself, 750 was transferred to my account with the I banking name Mr Prince. Checked with him and he said to take the rolling money first. I told him I don't need the money, he just ignored. The next day I went to close my account, made a police report and installed cctv.

Till now, a week has passed. No account number to be given. But the IO said that if this guy were to give the account number, just transfer and block the number. And ignore all calls.

Now I'm just worried. What will he do next? Yes, I'm a gullible person to fall for this trap/scam. I don't know how to recover from here onwards.

Advise? Help? Please.

You might want to censor, there is too much case detail here.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hi. Yes, I'm a victim too. Started off sending a WhatsApp to this guy named D. Asked for 1000 loan. Gave my ic, singpass, then otp code. Gave my nok contact, office no and my bank details. After a while I told him I don't need the loan. He asked "what happened" and I told him I don't need it already.

Next thing I know, that night itself, 750 was transferred to my account. Checked with him and he said to take the rolling money first. I told him I don't need the money, he just ignored. The next day I went to close my account, made a police report and installed cctv.

Advise? Help? Please.
Ignore la....don't scare all these useless force loan..

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
Hey guys. Unknowingly end of last year my father went through bad times and search for LML and unfortunately he found a few on carousell at 1st tot it was legit so went ahead to loan frm a few. He was scam a few times they even force loan transfer into his account. It hv came to worse so he told me everything. Paid the loanshark for him almost 13k in total n thank god in the end we cleared it. Just today afternoon police officer called my father and asked him to drop by police station next wk for investigation.. I call bk personally n ask on behalf of my father as he is a hokkien speaker so police office told me that my father account has been flagged in their file. May I check with anyone goes through this in the past before? Wld be great if some one out thr share more. Thank you... 🙏

Just went through all of these previously and braced what was in store for myself.

Basically, you will need to provide as many proof as you can find that your father did not albeit in UML activities. As all the repayment monies he paid was used to fund/provide more loans to debtors and it could be any of the debtor who reported it to the police.

During the interview/investigation, bring along all your proofs, possibly also the affected bank account and their associated atm cards along and explain the figures transferred are merely repayments and not assisting UML activities.

From there, the next step varies from whether if your dad is found guilty or not. Hope this helps you prepare for the investigation.

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Remember months ago i posted help got assisting LS for the use of my bank account , the investigation took from dec 2018 till may 2019 , ytd my IO told me i have to attend court , even i was "forced" to help them transfer money .

Anyone here been on court because of this as a first timer ? Need advise . Tks

Did you reported to Cantoment for statement or other station?

Fear Less

Reaction score
Hi lapcheong

Being fearless is meant for the ls not for the men in blue.

Tell us your story about assisting ls. Were you let off? Or faced the music.

To me its endgame for those who got hauled up. They should know what to do. Not much to tell here.

Hi Fear Less~

green72

Reaction score
89girl, I hope I'm not trying to distress you further but be ready for harassment from phone calls, sms and whatsapp to you, your NOK and office. The earlier you inform your NOK and office, the better. Provide a copy of police report to your boss. A reasonable boss and company will understand your plight

The loansharks might "follow up" with house visit to sustain their harassments. This visit could come in the form of sending some innocent movers to pass their hp for the LS to further harass you or send pics of your house door or send runner to bang on your door or splash paint.
For the time being, call 999 if any unknown persons loiter outside your house and maybe hold off on ordering stuff online.
Install a CCTV ASAP to deter and provide evidence for SPF.

Remember to ignore them. The earlier these scumbags understand you are no pushover the faster these harassment will end.

Remember this, they really like victims who are scared like a mouse. They terrorize you "virtually" through hp or stupid runners. They themselves could be in Malaysia, scared of getting caught. They even recruit runners via sites like FB and never ever dare face to face.

Don't bother about being stalked at home or when you're outside. These loansharks are not Mafia. No manpower, any runners they have are like contract staff.

Don't suffer the harassment alone. Share it with us because their tactic all the same. Also share your harassment experience with SPF and the I/O assigned to you.

About the money, don't bother about returning it. Just hold on to it. To return you only will allow them to use it on other victims. Also returning sometimes they won't let you off. Just don't contact them, even if for them to give you an account. To return could provide evidence by other victims you are aiding in loanshark activities. Just keep the money for the time being even though your good conscience will tell you it's not yours.

Take care.

PS: This actions also apply to others who PM me for advice but shy to post here. I, like the rest here, are no experts. Just a victim like you who have gone through hell.

Advise? Help? Please.

Last edited:

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
Hi lapcheong

Being fearless is meant for the ls not for the men in blue.

Tell us your story about assisting ls. Were you let off? Or faced the music.

To me its endgame for those who got hauled up. They should know what to do. Not much to tell here.

Hi Fear Less, once again.

I'm saying Hi to you because it was reading all these posts here got me mustered enough courage to stop paying. Though unforeseen circumstances has happened, but I've gone through it altogether. So thank you for the past posts that has helped so many.

89girl

Reaction score
Hi, Green72, updates: he recently contacted me and he agreed for me to transfer back 250 first. The remaining 500 he said he'll give me another acc to transfer.. he didn't ask for more though.so I'm not sure if this is something not to be worried about. So in the event that I've transferred the whole sum.. Not sure if he'll disturb me for more.....
89girl, I hope I'm not trying to distress you further but be ready for harassment from phone calls, sms and whatsapp to you, your NOK and office. The earlier you inform your NOK and office, the better. Provide a copy of police report to your boss. A reasonable boss and company will understand your plight

The loansharks might "follow up" with house visit to sustain their harassments. This visit could come in the form of sending some innocent movers to pass their hp for the LS to further harass you or send pics of your house door or send runner to bang on your door or splash paint.
For the time being, call 999 if any unknown persons loiter outside your house and maybe hold off on ordering stuff online.
Install a CCTV ASAP to deter and provide evidence for SPF.

Remember to ignore them. The earlier these scumbags understand you are no pushover the faster these harassment will end.

Remember this, they really like victims who are scared like a mouse. They terrorize you "virtually" through hp or stupid runners. They themselves could be in Malaysia, scared of getting caught. They even recruit runners via sites like FB and never ever dare face to face.

Don't bother about being stalked at home or when you're outside. These loansharks are not Mafia. No manpower, any runners they have are like contract staff.

Don't suffer the harassment alone. Share it with us because their tactic all the same. Also share your harassment experience with SPF and the I/O assigned to you.

About the money, don't bother about returning it. Just hold on to it. To return you only will allow them to use it on other victims. Also returning sometimes they won't let you off. Just don't contact them, even if for them to give you an account. To return could provide evidence by other victims you are aiding in loanshark activities. Just keep the money for the time being even though your good conscience will tell you it's not yours.

Take care.

PS: This actions also apply to others who PM me for advice but shy to post here. I, like the rest here, are no experts. Just a victim like you who have gone through hell.

green72

Reaction score
If All victims like us immediately stop paying, we may put a lot of them out of business.

Kudos to you for manning up. And thanks to people like Fearless and makminah, to name a few who have help others like you and me.

Good job.

Hi Fear Less, once again.

I'm saying Hi to you because it was reading all these posts here got me mustered enough courage to stop paying. Though unforeseen circumstances has happened, but I've gone through it altogether. So thank you for the past posts that has helped so many.

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
Hi, Green72, updates: he recently contacted me and he agreed for me to transfer back 250 first. The remaining 500 he said he'll give me another acc to transfer.. he didn't ask for more though.so I'm not sure if this is something not to be worried about. So in the event that I've transferred the whole sum.. Not sure if he'll disturb me for more.....

Like what Green says earlier, by transferring is akin to assisting them in their operations. They are using you to transfer the money to next victims.

If you are not keen to keep their money, it would be advisable to speak to your assigned I/O and seek advices accordingly prior to transferring back.

Would strongly suggest you cease your account immediately, switch all your GIRO & misc charges from your current account to another new account. Ceasing of bank accounts would least guarantee that they will not be able to transfer more funds in the name of "transferring wrongly."

green72

Reaction score
Like I mention, don't bother interact with them. Common sense will tell you he could get back his full amount. It's just a trick.

They will always come up with excuses. Next he could say now you owe him more because you waste his time.

Ignore and brace for impact. Block his communication. Put your instagram or fb to private.

lapcheongsap

Reaction score
If All victims like us immediately stop paying, we may put a lot of them out of business.

Kudos to you for manning up. And thanks to people like Fearless and makminah, to name a few who have help others like you and me.

Good job.

You'll never know, anyone in the streets could be a victim. From young teenagers to old folks. I've been to the interview, I've seen all of them struggle to make ends meet and get their lives destroyed due to them.

My point of sharing and coming back now is to thank those who helped me before and share these forward so others won't feel trapped as how we felt before.

Thank you for your kind words, Green72. Good job to you for breaking free too!

green72

Reaction score
lapcheongsap, thank you.

89girl, these loansharks are people with no honour, so don't apply our honest virtues to them. They are always out to harass and destroy our lives.

So, stop being polite and conscientitious to them, they won't return you with any kindness. They only want to milk you dry. Victims are usually having financial problems and they exploit this to extort.

Last edited:

Stupidme2019

Reaction score

Don't transfer, once transfer they will know you are scare and will keep asking money from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.