The new Material Theme design

65sBXGJ.png

p5TEMg5.png

You sideload the apk ah bro or it appeared by itself? Hahah :s13:

Posted from PCWX using GM1910

butterpoachedlobster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s more of having the photos with me. Had made backups online too. The trouble was when those online storage closes or starts charging for lots more and I had to download them all over again, which is no joke. Which is why even with unlimited storage offered by Google, still rather hesitant.

Just thinking when will unlimited storage cease for Google.

2022 for pixel 3

says my phone

porky_88

Reaction score
You sideload the apk ah bro or it appeared by itself? Hahah :s13:

mine was pushed to the phone yesterday. play store version 15.1.24. now if all the other apps follow this material theme. facebook... whatsapp...
the google sans font is so much nicer

anyone on Q beta 3 confirm this.. bring up the app drawer... search from the google search bar at the top of the drawer, force close.. :( search from the search bar on home screen all ok. google app search also ok. humm...
well... beta 4 is a few days away

just went to take free google t-shirt from pc show... personally happy that pixel is getting more attention. but casing is still hard to find.. on a side note, huawei got big booth but their promoters all very eng... lol

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
mine was pushed to the phone yesterday. play store version 15.1.24. now if all the other apps follow this material theme. facebook... whatsapp...
the google sans font is so much nicer

anyone on Q beta 3 confirm this.. bring up the app drawer... search from the google search bar at the top of the drawer, force close.. :( search from the search bar on home screen all ok. google app search also ok. humm...
well... beta 4 is a few days away

just went to take free google t-shirt from pc show... personally happy that pixel is getting more attention. but casing is still hard to find.. on a side note, huawei got big booth but their promoters all very eng... lol
Moment case is the best:o

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s more of having the photos with me. Had made backups online too. The trouble was when those online storage closes or starts charging for lots more and I had to download them all over again, which is no joke. Which is why even with unlimited storage offered by Google, still rather hesitant.

Just make use of the free unlimited storage while still available now.

Worry in future if they cease. I'm sure Google will give ample warning for you to act.

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
So if keep getting Pixel, the unlimited storage will not end?
:crazy:

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

In a way you're right but that means upgrading every year or 2 years. Another way would be to have the OG pixel, that one like no expiration :s13:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google will stop unlimited photo storage if they are as big as Apple.

At the moment, Google is still catching up far behind.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Don't understand what's there to worry about. Any android devices that using Google Photos will automatically upload to the cloud without having u to press any button.

Should u reach the the end of free of original resolution period. They will automatically convert it to HQ for u.

Having SD card to do backup for ur precious photos is so 2010 practice.

Cloud storage is the way to go.

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't understand what's there to worry about. Any android devices that using Google Photos will automatically upload to the cloud without having u to press any button.

Should u reach the the end of free of original resolution period. They will automatically convert it to HQ for u.

Having SD card to do backup for ur precious photos is so 2010 practice.

Cloud storage is the way to go.

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

Hahah I'm guessing it's the issue of using a phone that has both Google photos and the in built gallery bah. First thought that comes to mind would be the gallery so maybe some people haven't realise the perks of using Google photos :)

simply.90

Reaction score
I'm using Google Photos and really like the cloud backups, but having said that I think there is no need to say having local SD backups is 'backward' or 'so 2010s'. Different strokes for different folks.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel XL

Last edited:

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using Google Photos and really like the cloud backups, but having said that I think there is no need to say having local SD backups is 'backward' or 'so 2010s'. Different strokes for different folks.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel XL

the reliability of the SD card has gotten worst in today context. even photographers are using wifi SD card, when the photo is taken from their DSLR its immediately pump to their laptops.

it's good to educate people that, there are such "options" available. do you know how many people make mistake then they learn that, "they should have adopt this way rather than the traditional way"

SD card is not suitable for any form of backup. Cloud storage is.

The resiliency, availability, scalability are there.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It will take time to adapt but yeah, cloud is the way to go.

You see even Apple and Google which are the 2 top tech companies are moving away from external memory slot.

kingkangkong

Reaction score
Anyone know where can we get the cheapest pixel 3A now? The PCShow 100 off was quite good but I just couldnt find time to go.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where can we get the cheapest pixel 3A now? The PCShow 100 off was quite good but I just couldnt find time to go.

Cheapest in Shopee is $609.

Maybe pay someone $30 to buy for you also still cheaper with Google.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.