Android TV Box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any android tv box which can stream live sports channels? Looking at getting one for my dad to watch his golf. Currently the one he’s using is the old gen ubtv (I think) that my hub gave him. The current one is v old & a lot of channels can’t stream anymore. Looking to get a new one for him but preferably not too ex as he only uses it to watch golf. TIA!

You may need to decide on the apps first and then figure out the box to buy. You may have to use Google for the apps.

You may also want to ask on this thread to see if it is just easier to upgrade to a new Ubox.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ion-thread-ii-[consolidated]-5538179-102.html

Last edited:

p_eppermint

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You may need to decide on the apps first and then figure out the box to buy. You may have to use Google for the apps.

You may also want to ask on this thread to see if it is just easier to upgrade to a new Ubox.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ion-thread-ii-[consolidated]-5538179-102.html
thanks, but i actually read abt ubox being banned or sth liddat, dont want to take the risk :( my dad & i are not really tech savvy so i'm looking at sth easy to configure. i'm fine w d/l-ing apps, but not sure which apps to d/l to stream live sports? i read some of your posts where you advised that pre-installed apps are not recommended. can explain why? cos i saw a few sellers selling boxes w pre-installed apps that can enable us to watch live tv. thought that would be easier for us...

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks, but i actually read abt ubox being banned or sth liddat, dont want to take the risk :( my dad & i are not really tech savvy so i'm looking at sth easy to configure. i'm fine w d/l-ing apps, but not sure which apps to d/l to stream live sports? i read some of your posts where you advised that pre-installed apps are not recommended. can explain why? cos i saw a few sellers selling boxes w pre-installed apps that can enable us to watch live tv. thought that would be easier for us...

Because the preloaded apps can not last long and you will not get support by the sellers then, or they will charge you again. You can say Ubox and EVpad are also the preloaded boxes but at least they are the better ones that you may have some hopes of getting support from the companies behind them or from peers, unlike the boxes selling in some other places where the sellers can run away any time.

The easiest way is to subscribe to SingTel TV or Starhub TV if you are willing to pay.

If you are not willing to pay, then you have to use Google or find friends to help you to find the right place to ask for help. This forum is not the right place to talk about live sports apps (often illegal).

Last edited:

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For sports channel which is mostly paid channels.
Thus android apps maybe illegal to use even though some will charge you a yearly subscription.
At this point of time I would suggest the EVPAD box which has many sellers and at least you will get some sort of support if run in problem.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right thread but how do i set up an android tv?

Which Android TV? Just follow the vendor guide? Usually you will need to pair the remote, connect to WiFi, log in to your Google account. Sometimes you may need to tune the Display resolution and Timezone settings.

p_eppermint

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah i see. Oops sorry didn’t know it was illegal to discuss the apps. Thanks for the info!!

Because the preloaded apps can not last long and you will not get support by the sellers then, or they will charge you again. You can say Ubox and EVpad are also the preloaded boxes but at least there are the better ones that you may have some hopes of getting support from the companies behind them or from peers, unlike the boxes selling in some other places where the sellers can run away any time.

The easiest way is to subscribe to SingTel TV or Starhub TV if you are willing to pay.

If you are not willing to pay, then you have to use Google or find friends to help you to find the right place to ask for help. This forum is not the right place to talk about live sports apps (often illegal).

p_eppermint

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I don’t see many sellers of evpad box online by doing a search of “tv box” though hmm. Lemme go check it out :)

For sports channel which is mostly paid channels.
Thus android apps maybe illegal to use even though some will charge you a yearly subscription.
At this point of time I would suggest the EVPAD box which has many sellers and at least you will get some sort of support if run in problem.

shenjingbing

Reaction score
Which Android TV? Just follow the vendor guide? Usually you will need to pair the remote, connect to WiFi, log in to your Google account. Sometimes you may need to tune the Display resolution and Timezone settings.

SONY KD49X7500F. Bought at a fair last year and best denki told me only they can set up and paid them twice to come down to do it. And the apps dont work after a while. Only noticed this thread now and felt really stupid to pay them to come down to do it haha so wondering if i can get any advise here on how to do it.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SONY KD49X7500F. Bought at a fair last year and best denki told me only they can set up and paid them twice to come down to do it. And the apps dont work after a while. Only noticed this thread now and felt really stupid to pay them to come down to do it haha so wondering if i can get any advise here on how to do it.

google for facebook group tv box sg

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go sim lim sq ah beng shop ask

then peppermint has to do this

simlimviettourist_main_0.jpg

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want the best performance for local over the air TV, then get a DVB-T2 Tuner Box and an Antenna.

Toggle app can not be installed on Mi Box S. It does support Chromecast feature. However previously there were some reports of problems with the built-in Chromecast feature of Mi Box S. Not sure if the issue has been fixed from Toggle side or not.

I saw you asked in the Xiaomi TV box thread as well. Hopefully the owners of Mi Box S can chime in and confirm whether Toggle works or not with Mi Box S now.

There is a confirmation in the Mi Box thread that Toggle work fine now with the built in Chromecast function of Mi Box.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-discussion-ii-[consolidated]-5537957-49.html

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sony Android TV is just download the app from the app store and can use straight away. TVB anywhere (must pay) is there and Adrama is there. Use it just like it is. Nothing much to set up.

Shawncck

Reaction score
Singtel tv go

Hi, I was able to hide my root using magisk on my h96 max x2 and get pass the Singtel tv go root msg. It no longer detect my system as root, however when it try to launch, it hang at the Singtel TV logo and just hang there... Anyone encounter such an issue?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was able to hide my root using magisk on my h96 max x2 and get pass the Singtel tv go root msg. It no longer detect my system as root, however when it try to launch, it hang at the Singtel TV logo and just hang there... Anyone encounter such an issue?

Interesting. That is a good progress. So it may have more detection mechanisms other than the root check.

Make sure you are connecting to the same network as the SingTel TV Box.

I thought you already got Mi Box S and that is already good enough for SingTel TV Go.

Last edited:

Shawncck

Reaction score
Interesting. That is a good progress. So it may have more detection mechanisms other than the root check.

I thought you already got Mi Box S and that is already good enough for SingTel TV Go.

Not yet xiaofan... I havent got... Actually the mi box i want to put at my parent house... but i wan to make them easy to remote... mi box dun have a number pad for remote... so i havent buy... Now my max x2 is able to get pass the singtel tv screen and prompt for account... but after i key my account, it just hang there... Not sure why like that... still figuring out... hopefully can work...

Shawncck

Reaction score

Very strange... I tot i made it.... I was able to login and watch... but the whole app is very lag and after 5 min, it hang me... and now i was not able to go in... Very strange...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.