Genting FAQ - Part 3

Smarty2

Reaction score
Honestly I never heard of this.. the only thing I've seen is the driver rejecting ppl with tix from earlier timings from boarding the later buses, then ask them pay RM10 when the bus is about to leave if they want to get on :s13:

Most ppl llst pay the RM10 becuz the only alternative is pirate taxi which costs RM50 and you have to squeeze with 3 other ppl in a MPV which only takes you up to Awana Skyway.. still have to pay for cable car tix up to SkyAvenue :s13:

Not sure abt yr experience with the driver demanding RM10 - that's downright extortion without a receipt for the RM10 i guess. But my sharing here is based on personal experience coupled with validation with the rwg bus tix counter + driver + tix inspector prior to boarding....tat experience was last year end of Aug.

Fr Awana i took an earlier bus (which was supposedly fully booked) altho i hv a later trip tix on hand...anyway, since i was there earlier i checked with them and was allowed to board. For the return trip bck fr KL Sentral, i missed the bus by 5 mins but since i alrdy knew abt the flexibility, i din buy a new tix - just waited for the next bus and was allowed to board. So 2X experience - once boarding an earlier trip bus & another boarding a later trip bus.

But anyone wanting to take the risk must bear in mind that u still hv to pray hard there is an empty seat avail on that bus & not many ppl are in the waiting list Q...

Smarty2

Reaction score
the 50x zoom is amazing esp on tripod

n0 regret on this buy even though google play store might be gone...who need playstore anyway? my tv box no playstore only dangbei /shafa which has so many apps

武林至尊,安卓苹果
鸿蒙不出,谁已争锋

Ok la...awaiting yr update soon on zooming experience from yr Darkside room 😁😂🤣....

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use google map and see, seems there are many open space carparks. :o So if I drive car up I park in their multi storey carpark or outside open spacE? :o Coz open space looks like not safe. :o

Outside is free. Told u dun believe.. Nobody want to steal yr laoji car lah

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
genting parking is the safest in the entire malaysia. #hardtruths

Smarty2

Reaction score
I bring my parents go one.:o cannot go amber court.:o

He's just pulling your leg 😂:

https://www.wattpad.com/57844108-malaysia%27s-ghost-stories-scary-incident-at-amber

http://kuantanboyjourney.blogspot.com/2012/02/spooky-genting-highlands.html?m=1

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see google map outside got the gantry.:o I know my Aleoca not worth.:o

There are many free parking.. All my friend drive up park free.. Where got ppl pay one.. Even if park inside hotel they got points to deduct so is free also. Dun be goondu to pay parking in genting.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are many free parking.. All my friend drive up park free.. Where got ppl pay one.. Even if park inside hotel they got points to deduct so is free also. Dun be goondu to pay parking in genting.

I don’t gamble so I don’t think I have points.:o I really no idea where to park free and safe.:o I did many searches on line all says need to pay one.:o I really don’t know where can park free one if there is one.:o

givansingapore

Reaction score
I don’t gamble so I don’t think I have points.:o I really no idea where to park free and safe.:o I did many searches on line all says need to pay one.:o I really don’t know where can park free one if there is one.:o

Better park near where you stay since you are not going alone. It's still worth to pay for the carpark since you don't gamble.

Smarty2

Reaction score

RM12(SGD$4)/day on weekday or RM18(SGD$6)/day on weekend - to buy peace of mind + convenience for senior members of family...ask yourself what's your priorities.

Let's assume u will be there for 4D/3N - worst case scenario (assuming u stay thru public holidays + weekends) u will spend total max SGD$24 - is tat not worth it? Too expensive?

U alrdy hv the answer actually - especially with yr own insecurities with free parking at roadsides - which btw is not near hotels but along the slopes leading up to those hotels - cud be at least 500m away fr lobby. Those open parking areas with gantries nearer to hotels are not free - and u alrdy knew abt it.

So - u still need to split your hairs openly here?😉... I'll be astonished 😁...

Last edited:

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM12(SGD$4)/day on weekday or RM18(SGD$6)/day on weekend - to buy peace of mind + convenience for senior members of family...ask yourself what's your priorities.

Let's assume u will be there for 4D/3N - worst case scenario (assuming u stay thru public holidays + weekends) u will spend total max SGD$24 - is tat not worth it? Too expensive?

U alrdy hv the answer actually - especially with yr own insecurities with free parking at roadsides - which btw is not near hotels but along the slopes leading up to those hotels - cud be at least 500m away fr lobby. Those open parking areas with gantries nearer to hotels are not free - and u alrdy knew abt it.

So - u still need to split your hairs openly here?😉... I'll be astonished 😁...

Thanks for info as I am weighing the costs and option available to me and family.:o since we do not gamble I wonder if it be better we stay mid hills, Awana resort instead and take cable car or drive up and park while we shop and relax ? :o unsure how Long it takes to comb the Genting highland?:o

givansingapore

Reaction score
Thanks for info as I am weighing the costs and option available to me and family.:o since we do not gamble I wonder if it be better we stay mid hills, Awana resort instead and take cable car or drive up and park while we shop and relax ? :o unsure how Long it takes to comb the Genting highland?:o

The cable car cost is per head and would be more than your daily parking cost since there's more than one traveling. It's better to stay at Genting itself.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Since you are bringing your parents suggest you stay at Genting. Not sure of your parent's age or agility but sometimes might be a bit stressful to hop on to a moving cable car. Staying at Genting is better because you can walk to facilities and back to hotel anytime. Eg if your parents are tired they can always walk back to take a nap. Only advantage of staying at Awana is the air is fresher though not cooler. Less cigarette smoke.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.