View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 05:14 PM   #48
cubacuba

Hearing vs actually owning the SB-3000 is a difference. There is no hum heard at the back on mine.
Also, SB16-Ultra is too overpowered and will be severely limited depending on where you live. Since I live in an apartment, the SB-3000 is already quite loud and you can feel the vibrations all the way to the end of the kitchen. I limit mine to -20dB on the SVS app and -2dB on the receiver. It is already that strong and impactful and there is still more power in reserve.
It is to the point where the bass is disturbing the rest at home when watching movies. It is that good. Please see reviews of actual SB-16 Ultra owners who got the chance to review the PB/SB-3000 and they themselves are equally as shocked. Together with a modest apartment living room, it is already sufficiently good.

The atmosphere beats even the Dolby Atmos cinema experience when watching Endgame where the bass there was not too overpowering.
The SB-3000 gives you the atmosphere all around and you and adds that oomph feel with the ground shakes.

So depending on room size, like say, the high ceiling of a bungalow and the large enough living room, then yes, maybe running SB-16 Ultra will be a better bet.
Yes i truely agree. For Singapore HDB or Private appartment the size of Master or Living room might be too small and it would be thundering to have SB3000 or More. SB/PB 1000 or 2000 is good enough. Im a tiny little bee when compared to experts like you. Just sharing my tots no offense
cubacuba is offline   Reply With Quote