Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup...

although i dunno why only restaurants seems to exempt from this... but all others need to display prices inclusive GST lor...

regards,
wacky

because resturant got the rights to charge service charges.
if service charge have GST also.
they cannot factor in GST into service charged before hand.
As service charge need to factor base on amount food order.

SibehHL

Reaction score
Was at M1 shop just now, saw one lady talking nasty to the salesperson; why? Because the sales guy asked for her NRIC to check if she is eligible for recontracting...

Not sure how else she can prove she’s the rightful owner of a certain number 🤔 Drivers license? Same got NRIC number....

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was at M1 shop just now, saw one lady talking nasty to the salesperson; why? Because the sales guy asked for her NRIC to check if she is eligible for recontracting...

Not sure how else she can prove she’s the rightful owner of a certain number � Drivers license? Same got NRIC number....
M1 have this weird rule of only accepting NRIC for signup or recontracting or basically any transactions at their shop.. driver's licence, 11B, passport all they will reject.. :s22:

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

boliao45

Reaction score
Think this original NRIC requirement should also apply to all telcos. My past experience with SH is the same with M1.

M1 have this weird rule of only accepting NRIC for signup or recontracting or basically any transactions at their shop.. driver's licence, 11B, passport all they will reject.. :s22:

galaxyuser

Reaction score
I was at M1 Nex. They accepted my 11B for verification for the online collection. Got my SIM in 15 minutes. Btw ah you can choose from two choices:

SAFRA - FREE 5GB/mth for 12 months.

OR

KRISFLYER MEMBERSHIP - 10% off Data Passport, Waiver of Data Passport Activation Fee, and Waiver of Multi-SIM Data Passport Activation Fee charges.

Obviously the SAFRA option is better.

punker

Reaction score
Hi, my wife’s line is currently under my name (corporate plan). Her 24 months will be up next month and I’m planning to switch her to M1. Can I port over to M1 directly and sign up under her name or do I need to transfer the ownership to her name in Singtel first before porting over to M1?

giraffey

Reaction score
Hi, my wife’s line is currently under my name (corporate plan). Her 24 months will be up next month and I’m planning to switch her to M1. Can I port over to M1 directly and sign up under her name or do I need to transfer the ownership to her name in Singtel first before porting over to M1?

just go to the m1 shop to do both the port over and ownwrship transfer.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think this original NRIC requirement should also apply to all telcos. My past experience with SH is the same with M1.
my past experiences signing up for my CIS plan online is just email them a photo of my staff pass and nric.. but M1 didn't have option for CIS online shop at the point when I was choosing telco to port to..

I was at M1 Nex. They accepted my 11B for verification for the online collection. Got my SIM in 15 minutes. Btw ah you can choose from two choices:

SAFRA - FREE 5GB/mth for 12 months.

OR

KRISFLYER MEMBERSHIP - 10% off Data Passport, Waiver of Data Passport Activation Fee, and Waiver of Multi-SIM Data Passport Activation Fee charges.

Obviously the SAFRA option is better.
for me I happened to walk pass bugis M1 shop and decided to ask about their CIS plans since Singtel and Starhub can just call or access their CIS shop online to sign up or recontract.

the staff no idea about CIS plan so ask the shop manager out to help me. in the end I was ready to port to them and handed him my 11B and he said they cannot accept any other form of documents other than NRIC. HA. then gave me his name card and ask me next time being nric already just look for him directly no need queue. I just said ok and left then look for the nearest bin to throw the name card. :s13: abit ridiculous not to accept 11B when it's a official identity document. not as if it's a mom issued work pass with less than 6 months validity.

if you are porting out to a non CIS plan after the 24th month then you can transfer the Singtel line to her name first then port to M1. if you still intend to sign up for a CIS plan with whichever telco then the account holder of the CIS plan still has to be your name. each CIS customer can sign up with 6 lines with the Telco, but it has to be under your name. cannot transfer to your wife's name and still remain as a CIS plan. unless she is also employed by a eligible CIS company.

giraffey

Reaction score
do anyone have details of m1 cis plans? how much is the discount vs the normal plans?

click sim with device > new or port in > select cori. the next step will ask to input corporate email. then you can see the cori prices for your company

punker

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’m planning to port over to a non CIS plan. Guess I will drop by M1 and port over to their sim only plan and sign up under her name directly and see if it works.

boliao45

Reaction score
Do specify to the cs that the singtel line is under your name and you need to sign the transfer form while your wife have to sign the rest of M1 forms.
In the past they made mistake and let my wife signed all the forms then resulting in failed porting and another trip down to shop again.

Thanks guys. I’m planning to port over to a non CIS plan. Guess I will drop by M1 and port over to their sim only plan and sign up under her name directly and see if it works.

hotpick

Reaction score

Not sure how else she can prove she’s the rightful owner of a certain number 🤔 Drivers license? Same got NRIC number....

Recontract at M1 distributor shop before with just my driving license .. the counter staff said recontract can use driving license but new sign up must use NRIC .. this shd still valid bah..

if you are porting out to a non CIS plan after the 24th month then you can transfer the Singtel line to her name first then port to M1. if you still intend to sign up for a CIS plan with whichever telco then the account holder of the CIS plan still has to be your name. each CIS customer can sign up with 6 lines with the Telco, but it has to be under your name. cannot transfer to your wife's name and still remain as a CIS plan. unless she is also employed by a eligible CIS company.

Tat's true .. line porting follows line owner's name .. the port in Telco wont care if port in fail as it still work as a new sign up .. I previously did my name switch with SH (with some fees) before port over to M1 as clean port in.

LexusIS

Reaction score
Recontract at M1 distributor shop before with just my driving license .. the counter staff said recontract can use driving license but new sign up must use NRIC .. this shd still valid bah..

Yeah usually IC required, as address is an important component. For foreigners not working in SG, passport ok but need address proof like utility bills etc....

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the same price of 25, which would you guys choose? M1 sim only or giga? Which coverage is better?

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the same price of 25, which would you guys choose? M1 sim only or giga? Which coverage is better?
If want best coverage should be singtel gomo, but have some cons.
It also depend on your area actually.
Which telco you are using now? Stick to it if you quite satisfy with it.

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure how else she can prove she’s the rightful owner of a certain number ********* Drivers license? Same got NRIC number....
Actually what is the big deal if the telco request for ic. Don't understand the concern.

Ic number and address: definitely required to verify and register.
Dob, race, photo: is it so precious for other people to steal it??

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want best coverage should be singtel gomo, but have some cons.
It also depend on your area actually.
Which telco you are using now? Stick to it if you quite satisfy with it.

Using Starhub sim only. $20. Happy with the data but only have 100 mins call time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.