Genting FAQ - Part 3

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, no need to be so 仅仅计较 when going overseas, your parents see you save this save that, they also won't be enjoying the trip.

Open up.

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT

Agree.:o I checked agoda and Rws website only left FWH.:o should be okay right?:o I cannot afford those atas one but also dun want ended up in f up hotel and haunting experience.:o

Smarty2

Reaction score
Agree.:o I checked agoda and Rws website only left FWH.:o should be okay right?:o I cannot afford those atas one but also dun want ended up in f up hotel and haunting experience.:o
U can just call up their reservations center ...local sales office #: +65-68239888

Online checking or booking is not all the time reliable or most updated.

Once call is connected, they will route u to their KL reservations center. The call is considered local.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 6 PRO using GAGT

P R N D

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't bring your EDMW trolls here, Ok!

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one more silly question, is FWH really haunted and scary? :o How is the condition of FWH? :o

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Genting to Singapore
2.30pm, Transtar SuperStarz: SGD$39

OR

Genting to Awana to KLCC area to Singapore
2.15pm to 2.45pm. Genting to Awana Skyway, SGD$3
2.45pm to 4pm. Grab from Awana SkyWay to Double Tree Hilton: ~MYR60-70? (Will split half with my gf)
4.30pm, take KKKL Executive to Singapore: SGD$29
Total: $43.50 (But if traffic jam, take more than 1.5hours from Awana to Double Tree Hilton then I'm fked)

OR

Genting to Awana to KL Sentral to Singapore
11pm to 11.30pm. Genting to Awana Skyway, SGD$3
12pm to 1.30pm. Awana public bus to KL Sentral. ~MYR$5?
1.30pm-3.30pm: Walk around KL Sentral kill time. (Extra 2hours buffer time from Awana SkyWay to KL Sentral in event of traffic jam)
3.45pm, take KKKL Executive bus to Singapore: SGD$31
Total: $35.65

----

Which would be better? Travelling back on a Monday morning (17th June)

I kiasi and got motion sickness. That's why I'm also thinking of taking cablecar down first, skipping the long winding genting road down where the bus may drop off the cliff.

Last edited:

flowerpot_cat

Reaction score
Just went Genting. Weather is around 20 deg and slightly wet.. stayed in Y5 Deluxe room.

I must say... if you are going up in a group - more than 2 rooms - the self check in system cannot handle. I was there for 1hr+ with their staff trying to help me. End up they told me just pay and then queue at counter 1 to change room. We wanted to have the rooms on the same level preferbly near each other.

Also, better to opt for twin room. Like someone here mentioned, Y5 offers Super Single beds. Put together is better than getting the Queen bed... the mattress is the spring kind and if you are a light sleeper, your partner will wake u up when they toss and turn.

flowerpot_cat

Reaction score
Oh and I took WTS bus up. The bus carried only my group+1 other person who was going up solo.

Took the night bus option and also drove up a couple of times before... I think I prefer night bus.
Driving is stressful. I encountered passing clouds after chin swee temple and couldnt see the road...and the limo taxis were chionging up. I scared lol so had to stop and wait for the clouds to pass...

flowerpot_cat

Reaction score
Genting to Singapore
2.30pm, Transtar SuperStarz: SGD$39

OR

Genting to Awana to KLCC area to Singapore
2.30pm to 3pm. Genting to Awana Skyway, SGD$3
3pm to 4pm. Grab from Awana SkyWay to Double Tree Hilton: ~MYR60-70? (Will split half with my gf)
4.30pm, take KKKL Executive to Singapore: SGD$29
Total: $43.50

OR

Genting to Awana to KL Sentral to Singapore
1.00pm to 1.30pm. Genting to Awana Skyway, SGD$3
2pm-3.30pm. Awana public bus to KL Sentral. ~MYR$5?
3.45pm, take KKKL Executive bus to Singapore: SGD$31
Total: $35.65

----

Which would be better?

I kiasi and got motion sickness. That's why I'm also thinking of taking cablecar down first, skipping the long winding genting road down where the bus may drop off the cliff.

Sit in cable car also can give u motion sickness leh

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went Genting. Weather is around 20 deg and slightly wet.. stayed in Y5 Deluxe room.

I must say... if you are going up in a group - more than 2 rooms - the self check in system cannot handle. I was there for 1hr+ with their staff trying to help me. End up they told me just pay and then queue at counter 1 to change room. We wanted to have the rooms on the same level preferbly near each other.

Also, better to opt for twin room. Like someone here mentioned, Y5 offers Super Single beds. Put together is better than getting the Queen bed... the mattress is the spring kind and if you are a light sleeper, your partner will wake u up when they toss and turn.

If book by agoda need to go to reception and book in manually? :o

flowerpot_cat

Reaction score
If book by agoda need to go to reception and book in manually? :o

I don't know if u are trolling. I will ans seriously just one time.
At the self check in area there will be a sign asking ppl who booked on agoda or other other booking sites to interact with their staff. Just look for the sign at the self check in kiosks and u will see the staff. They will help u process the booking.

flowerpot_cat

Reaction score
Not as bad as the winding road bah.
Cable Car shake shake abit I'm ok. Think more fun also :s22:

Somehow take bus i always motion sickness one.
It is quite fun la... but i will prefer to go direct. I feel the winding less in a coach as compared to a car...

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know if u are trolling. I will ans seriously just one time.
At the self check in area there will be a sign asking ppl who booked on agoda or other other booking sites to interact with their staff. Just look for the sign at the self check in kiosks and u will see the staff. They will help u process the booking.

Thanks for clearing this up. :o I am planning to book via Agoda as I compare the pricing they are around the same and I dun go RWS regularly so membership benefit dun really benefit me much or has any impact to me. :o What do you think those who booked agoda are they having easier check in process? :o How long is the queue? :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.