Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score
RHB not bad. If joint account can go as high as 150k right, since 75k each is protected.

but 1 year lock down. wont it be better to use the $ to benefit for priority or premier status with the bank? Plus the flexibility to use the $ anytime.

happi3friend

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, I got question

There is this maxigain with citibank
Offer 2.5 percent with 75k covered by sdic

Why u all don't put money into that?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I got question

1. Because this account put in easy but if take out, counter will drop and interest drop and need to build up again.

2. Need to grow counter. Initial few mths interest is lower. It takes 12 mth to maximise the interest but there is risk that bank may change tnc by the time you reach.

But it is a good account. Worth taking the risk.

Last edited:

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score
1. Because this account put in easy but if take out, counter will drop and interest drop and need to build up again.

2. Need to grow counter. Initial few mths interest is lower. It takes 12 mth to maximise the interest but there is risk that bank may change tnc by the time you reach.

But it is a good account. Worth taking the risk.

Once u withdraw the counter drops. Not very worth in current situation with so many banks offering quite high and no need to grow such counter.

Lumina27

Reaction score
Hello, good day all. I’m a financial adviser from Avivafa. Currently we have a tranch product - My Secure Saver
1) 3 years plan
2) Guaranteed 2.25%
3) Capital guaranteed after 3 years

Anyone who is interested or wish to have more information please pm me! Thank you :)

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score
what bank offer good benefits for priority or premier status?

Must be new deposit holder to bank to sign up their bank status.

For SCB new to bank only.
Please refer to this for the miles you can get base on deposit amount.

S$200,000 to S$799,999.99 - 100,000 KrisFlyer miles
S$800,000.00 and above - 150,000 KrisFlyer miles

New promotion for esaver account started 1st June.

Best time to sign up and get the interest for 2 months.

Please PM me for referral if interested.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just walked past RHB. Went in to ask. They no longer have 1 yr fd. Now is 2 yr at 2.18% min 20k. 2 yr is kind of Long.

anytime

Reaction score
I just walked past RHB. Went in to ask. They no longer have 1 yr fd. Now is 2 yr at 2.18% min 20k. 2 yr is kind of Long.
You never ask more or never share enough. You can take out after 1 yr with 2% interest. To me, this is currently the best deal with no frill deposit.
Bkk bank is good but i do not have 200k

anytime

Reaction score
If fed cuts rates, means sg rates will also drop right?

So good idea to lock in now?

I think so too that rates may weaken soon but not sure. I have mix of short term and long term deposit. RHB is good with 2.18%. Remember few years back, i place 1.9% with HL for 1yr instead of 1.99% for 2yrs, before expiring of my 1yr deposit, rates had fallen to 1.1% after fed held off rates hike. Learnt from it.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This kind of serious thread will meet idiots too. If you know more feel free to share. Dun accuse ppl of not sharing. As if top secret. I did not ask abt taking out after one year. But I asked if there is any one yr fd n they said nope.

You never ask more or never share enough. You can take out after 1 yr with 2% interest. To me, this is currently the best deal with no frill deposit.
Bkk bank is good but i do not have 200k

missbllu

Reaction score
Guys, I got question

Anyone know if after 12month what is the interest for maxigain? I’ll it be based on the last interest rate earned on the 12 month?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if after 12month what is the interest for maxigain? I’ll it be based on the last interest rate earned on the 12 month?

after 12 months, the interest will be (1.2% (12 counters) + 70% x 1mth Sibor)

whatever 1m sibor is at that time

jeremysv

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not too sure if i am seeing the figues correctly but won't savings accounts (linked with salary credit, card spend, etc) earn more since its calculated as monthly interest instead?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.