Help needed on Dolby Atmos Speaker System

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
As u can see so far nobody recommended any subwoofer cheaper than SVS. I think u should lock in subwoofer SVS PB2000, which may be better than SB2000 especially if you have high ceiling and big/open room. Also most users online seem to be more satisfied with buying their ported subs or with less regret.

Not sure if KEF is still an option with your budget. Maybe get Q Acoustics 3000 series or ELAC Debut 2 series or Mission QX or LX(cheaper)? Dali Zensor any good? Wharfedale seems old school haha. U have to work out the prices yourself I think.

cubacuba

Reaction score
ELAC Config I tested:
ELAC
Elac F6.2 (front)
Elac C6.2 (centre)
Elac S10.2 (sub) - Sub I mostly go with SVC
Elac A4.2 atmos
Elac OW4.2 (rear)

Last edited:

cubacuba

Reaction score
KLIPSCH Config I have tested
KLIPSCH
RP-8060FA (Front)
RP-502S (Rear)
RP-404C (Center)
SPL-120 (Sub)

cubacuba

Reaction score
JBL Config that I have tested.

STAGE A190 (Front)
STAGE A120 (Rear)
STAGE 125C (Center)
STAGE 120 P (SUB)

cubacuba

Reaction score
Wharfedale Config that I have tested

Diamond 11.5 (Front)
Diamond 11.2 (Rear)
Diamond 240C (Center)
SW-10 (SUB)

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody seems to talk about JBL haha. Anyway did u manage to get the rough pricing?

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
If convenient can bring me along when u go audition or buy. I wanna learn for when i have money to upgrade in future. Dare not go on my own when I have no money now heheh.

Amon86

Reaction score
You can try Focal Chorus within your price budget whole set + AVR

Plus points Focal are made in france not china* as quality wise they are better build than lower model ELAC from china only higher model ELAC Vela are made in Germany
L3dBdbrh.png

If you wanna go for 2.0 PMC twenty5 series once you listen to it you feel like they no need sub and even the bookshelf speakers sounds like a floodstander i got the 21 for my desktop sound so much better than LS50 the 22 sound more like a floodstander so didn't got those as i using it for near field

Last edited:

cubacuba

Reaction score
Tell them upfront you wanna listen for consideration in future may be in next two months. they will sure help you to try

reno77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Plus points Focal are made in france not china* as quality wise they are better build than lower model ELAC from china only higher model ELAC Vela are made in Germany
L3dBdbrh.png

If you wanna go for 2.0 PMC twenty5 series once you listen to it you feel like they no need sub and even the bookshelf speakers sounds like a floodstander i got the 21 for my desktop sound so much better than LS50 the 22 sound more like a floodstander so didn't got those as i using it for near field

+1 for Focal Chorus speakers.. But don't get the cub evo sub.. It's considered weak even when paired with focal sib speakers..

cubacuba

Reaction score

L3dBdbrh.png

Noted . I will consider. I wanted to use Focal Dome for Surround Height speakers.

Front - Floor Standing - TBD
Center -TBD
Rear - BookSelf or Surround Speaker
Surround Height - Focal Dome / SVS Surround / Any Satellite TBD
Sub - SVS mostly SB as PB is 80% for Movies . SB will be on 50-50

cubacuba

Reaction score
I have tested SVS Sub , SB/PB 1000/2000/3000 delivers almost same output with granular difference. AMP and Room acoustics places a vital role.

SB - Best choice for music and movies , best to have below the screen not on the side.
PB - Best choice for movies and works well when you have two sub than one.

petetherock

Reaction score
Just tested Focal Chorus 5.1.4 setup approx budget $12000 inclusive of AVR.

If you have 12k now
Try Dynaudio at AV One
Monitor audio also has good HT systems.
Again there’s no need to get subs from them
Try the starke and REL too

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
AMP and Room acoustics places a vital role.

Yup! As mentioned, no matter what the speakers are it will still be tuned to deliver as flat of a curve after taking into consideration the room accoustics and of course, the speakers themselves.

As mentioned, if you want the best of the best in Mic Calibration software, go for Anthem receivers though it lacks a lot of features. Next best is Audyssey MultEQ XT32 that is in some of the high end receiver models from Denon and Marantz. Though not as good as Anthems.

Amplifiers with DIRAC Live also gives a fantastic room calibration like Emotiva and NAD.

To me, the 2 things that makes a big difference is actually the sub and receiver room correction software.

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
I have tested SVS Sub , SB/PB 1000/2000/3000 delivers almost same output with granular difference. AMP and Room acoustics places a vital role.

SB - Best choice for music and movies , best to have below the screen not on the side.
PB - Best choice for movies and works well when you have two sub than one.
FYI
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=286422.0;topicseen

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.