IBM ThinkPad Users' Group

Mystech

Reaction score
Anyone knows of upcoming sale on the Lenovo website? Should be getting a t480 before it gets phased out

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please use EDU email for best discounts. I feel they are always same or better than promotions.

i think u can also email them to check if they can give u extra discounts.

i bought a x280 with touch screen @ 1950 instead of 2200

Nuggette

Reaction score
Hi all, what is the best lightweight thinkpad I can get (new or second hand) at ~$1000 budget? Any specific model I should look for in the second hand market? Thanks.

zinedine

Reaction score
Hi all, what is the best lightweight thinkpad I can get (new or second hand) at ~$1000 budget? Any specific model I should look for in the second hand market? Thanks.

X1 Carbon. Light, relatively big screen 14" and the body doesn't flex.

Just my 2 cents worth.

gripen

Reaction score

The X series (New or 2nd hand).
X250 or X260, if 2nd hand.

Last edited:

Quantom

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting a T480s from Lenovo US rather than Singapore for the savings. It looks like apart from getting a friend in the US to ship it back to SG, our next option would be to use a freight forwarder like VPost or comgateway.

However I've read in several posts that Lenovo US does not accept SG credit cards for payment. How does one then even pay for the laptop to begin with?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, i am thinking of getting a T590 to do some programming work in my office...
anyone with a T5xx series can give some suggestions?

Richieheavens

Reaction score
For me, i am thinking of getting a T590 to do some programming work in my office...
anyone with a T5xx series can give some suggestions?
The display option is still old tech. 250 nits panel has less than 50% color gamut.. also low contrast levels. u should wait til they release better display option.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

iphone88

Reaction score
Just try my luck here. See anyone face similar issues before.
My X220 suddenly cannot power on.
The symptom as follow:
1. If plug in power adapter, it will blink the power LED for 1 seconds then off forever.
2. If plug in battery, the power button will keep blinking if I pressed the power button to power on
3. There is no fan because totally cannot power up

What I had tried
1. Hold the power button for 30 seconds to discharge(following youtube video)
2. Remove the CMOS battery and retry

Any more methods I should try?
Does it mean my thinkpad is uplorry if I face these kind of symptoms?

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting a T480s from Lenovo US rather than Singapore for the savings. It looks like apart from getting a friend in the US to ship it back to SG, our next option would be to use a freight forwarder like VPost or comgateway.

However I've read in several posts that Lenovo US does not accept SG credit cards for payment. How does one then even pay for the laptop to begin with?

Lenovo US does not SG credit card. Therefore you have to get your friend to do the purchase for you as well. And do a TT to him/her, have to trouble your friend for paying it for you first/receive and check for you/and ship it to you plus paying the GST/taxes for you. lagi troublesome! But worth the savings.

Batman116710

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Use comgateway "buy for me" service to purchase your desired thinkpad. I have done it before many years ago. Saved a thousand $ after taxes and charges. Only issue is the lack of warranty in Singapore

Batman116710

Reaction score
How do I get access to these EDU email discounts?

Use sg student email to create an edu account with lenovo sg. Once it's verified, log into the account to purchase /customise your pc/laptop. Student discounted price would be shown before u finalise the purchase.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.