Mastercard tap in TransitLink

shengliang1981

Reaction score
For those using Samsung Pay for SimplyGo, do you get Samsung Pay points for each tap? I noticed that I only get the points like once a while. Anyone encounter the same issue?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont think so...unless you're doing it without the SamsungPay transport card way(which allows you to tap while phone screen is off, without any authentication)

Likewise for me, I also get it once every 3 days or something.

was able to do so per tap (clarify, by per trip) when SimplyGo on Samsung Pay when it first started. i've stopped using after i've utilised all the promos avail so i cannot further test for now.

quarkz

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an android phone. my google pay is working and I paid in fairprice etc using it.

However, I can't get it working on buses. May I know why? Do I need to do anything special to get it working? Like installing app etc?

Thanks!

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an android phone. my google pay is working and I paid in fairprice etc using it.

However, I can't get it working on buses. May I know why? Do I need to do anything special to get it working? Like installing app etc?

Thanks!

Are you using MasterCard or visa?

bryandmlee

Reaction score
Anyway simplygo or ABT is not paywave, so spree card no 2%.

I asked StanChart about Spree, they say SimplyGo will be eligible (when VISA is accepted of course):

"Upon checking with our relevant department, please be informed that Simplygo transaction will be considered as eligible transaction to earn the 2% cashback."

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Terrible. Toa Payoh MRT GTMs don't have option to switch bank card mode.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
I asked StanChart about Spree, they say SimplyGo will be eligible (when VISA is accepted of course):

"Upon checking with our relevant department, please be informed that Simplygo transaction will be considered as eligible transaction to earn the 2% cashback."
Is there a minimum spend to enjoy 2%? Currently using Unlimited Cash back for 1.5%

Sent from Xiaomi MI A2 using GAGT

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Whoa this is good, equivalent to Citi smrt Ezreload but with no min. spend.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Awesome! Spree becomes my default primary card for everything now. Bus/MRT covered, online covered, contactless covered. This covers majority of my spend.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a minimum spend to enjoy 2%? Currently using Unlimited Cash back for 1.5%

Sent from Xiaomi MI A2 using GAGT

No minimum spend. Use Spree card for contactless & online you get 2%. For regular chip based transaction you get 1%.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.