Vodien vs Exabytes

CanonG

Reaction score
I used to be quite happy with Vodien, though expensive, they used to prefer good server speeds.

Ever since they have been sold, their server speed starts to suffer which i believe they have been overselling due to the new management.

I see quite a lot of good reviews on Exabytes but not sure if I can trust them.

Any advices?

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when you used overseas providers... you won't come back to local ones.

CanonG

Reaction score
What do you mean, i see that their server speed in sg at 21ms which is quite decent. i think they have servers in Singapore..

when you used overseas providers... you won't come back to local ones.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you mean, i see that their server speed in sg at 21ms which is quite decent. i think they have servers in Singapore..

I mean overseas providers who also have DC in Singapore or regions like JP or HK, if you are looking for low latency in Asia. They have better equipments, tech support, uses updated server specs and competitive in prices. I know local providers charge an arm and leg for VPS range and dedi in the meantime provide 200Mbps or 500Mbps port speed. :o

If you are using normal webhosting plan (server packed with other hundreds of customer accounts) then you probably won't feel the difference.

CanonG

Reaction score
Siteground seems to have fast overall speed, but high latency rate for Singapore..

Thats why I am leaning towards exabyte.. I think vodien starting to oversell their shared hosting.. and their vps is so expensive.

If based on what you said, whats is the advantage of vodien or other local providing when overseas providers have servers in Singapore?

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If based on what you said, whats is the advantage of vodien or other local providing when overseas providers have servers in Singapore?

Most people choose local providers because they will be paying in SGD (local) instead of USD (foreign) and local providers generally give the users impression of close proximity when providing support cos of same timezone and they are just a phone call away when any server issue arises. For shared web hosting plan users, server specs and backend infra doesn't matter much since they are just sharing the same resources among the thousands of other account customers whether being oversold or not.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats why I am leaning towards exabyte.. I think vodien starting to oversell their shared hosting.. and their vps is so expensive.

Another member just shared his experience with exabyte you might wanna reach out to him for review https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/121194316-post322.html.

I noticed they limit port speed to 100Mbps on their VPS and Dedi servers so that should be a factor for consideration. Asia bandwidth is generally highly priced but 100Mbps bandwidth limit is pathetic unless you have a website that doesn't suck up that limit. :s8:

kelvinlow9829

Reaction score
What? Are u getting Commission from them? Hahaha.. Just a big NO to Vodien, support slow after acquired by others. I transferred my hosting to Exa last 3 months, not sure good or not, but so far no issue

Reaction score
exabytes has daily back ups.
vodien no.
Vodien still has 2 x weekly backup.

I am just doing my research project at singaporehostingspeedtest . com

FEATURES ORYON VODIEN EXABYTES

BIZWEB WEBVALUE EBIZ LITE
Storage 10 GB 15 GB 10 GB
SSD Disk Yes No No
Monthly Data Transfer Unlimited Unlimited 20 GB
FreeSSL Yes No Yes
Backup 30 Daily 2 Weekly 14 Daily

hardwaregone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vodien still has 2 x weekly backup.

I am just doing my research project at singaporehostingspeedtest . com

FEATURES ORYON VODIEN EXABYTES

BIZWEB WEBVALUE EBIZ LITE
Storage 10 GB 15 GB 10 GB
SSD Disk Yes No No
Monthly Data Transfer Unlimited Unlimited 20 GB
FreeSSL Yes No Yes
Backup 30 Daily 2 Weekly 14 Daily

You got evaluate their problem solving skill? Promptness in reply, etc? I had good experience with wpengine.

I'm looking for decent WordPress manage hosters.

Reaction score
You got evaluate their problem solving skill? Promptness in reply, etc? I had good experience with wpengine.

I'm looking for decent WordPress manage hosters.

I am looking to compare speed by installing demo content from Wordpress Themes. Never really got a chance to test support skills. Vodien has 24 hours calling in while Exabytes and Oryon has 24 hours Whatsapp.

By looks at the average reviews on the net, Vodien seems to have the most complains.

whtop . com
hostadvice . com
trustpilot . com

The one issue that stood up for me is that install one of my theme in Exabytes failed 3 times before finally succeed. No issues with other hosts. Seems like some throttling in PHP upload?

Last edited:

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
exabytes has daily back ups.
vodien no.

Always perform your own backups. When hosters refer to daily or weekly backups they are referring to the entire server node and not your particular site/account so in the event if any of your particular website data get wiped out or deleted by accident, they won't help you to restore. Only in the event something happens or any update which leads to data in the server compromised/deleted then they will restore and rollback the whole server node where your account resides in.

Thats why in their hosting T&C, they will always specify to make your own daily backups.

hardwaregone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking to compare speed by installing demo content from Wordpress Themes. Never really got a chance to test support skills. Vodien has 24 hours calling in while Exabytes and Oryon has 24 hours Whatsapp.

By looks at the average reviews on the net, Vodien seems to have the most complains.

whtop . com
hostadvice . com
trustpilot . com

The one issue that stood up for me is that install one of my theme in Exabytes failed 3 times before finally succeed. No issues with other hosts. Seems like some throttling in PHP upload?
tbh, oryon's replies seems faster than Exabytes and more professional.

Oryon mentioned that they may void other themes though, not sure what they mean.

I'm wondering if i migrate from wpengine to them easy or not.

Alan.Oryon

Reaction score
tbh, oryon's replies seems faster than Exabytes and more professional.

Oryon mentioned that they may void other themes though, not sure what they mean.

I'm wondering if i migrate from wpengine to them easy or not.

If you use our plugins or themes on another hosting server, we will void it. Else the themes and plugins provided by us, will work fine on our servers.

As for migration, just do a request and the tech will do it for you free of charge.

We will interested to take up the challenge of being faster or slower than WPEngine.com. If you want, I can arrange a trial of 1 month for you to do the testing. BizValue should be a fair comparison to WPENGINE 's STARTUP at half the price.

Alan.Oryon

Reaction score
Always perform your own backups. When hosters refer to daily or weekly backups they are referring to the entire server node and not your particular site/account so in the event if any of your particular website data get wiped out or deleted by accident, they won't help you to restore. Only in the event something happens or any update which leads to data in the server compromised/deleted then they will restore and rollback the whole server node where your account resides in.

Thats why in their hosting T&C, they will always specify to make your own daily backups.

It is important for web hosting company to keep both the server snapshot which cover everything in the server and account backup. For oryon.net, we are keeping 30 days of server backup by default and 4 x weekly server snapshot.

A rollback of website should be easy as a Whatsapp text message.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.