Android TV Box

Shawncck

Reaction score
Interesting. That is a good progress. So it may have more detection mechanisms other than the root check.

Make sure you are connecting to the same network as the SingTel TV Box.

I thought you already got Mi Box S and that is already good enough for SingTel TV Go.

Ok I did it... I was able to install and watch smoothly now. U will need magisk to use singtel tv... I totally remove magisk and supersu and root check was unroot and pass safetynet check but the singtel tv go still detect root. The only was to use is to use magisk to hide and it work well now. Problem is the remote has totally no impact on the app. It cannnot switch channel by number pad. Only can use mouse or air mouse to switch... and i cant exit the app after opening... I need to end the task myself to exit.. Nevertheless, i was able to watch smoothly using my air mouse to switch channel.... Anyone know how to map remote to mouse movement? I want to makae it easy for my parents...

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok I did it... I was able to install and watch smoothly now. U will need magisk to use singtel tv... I totally remove magisk and supersu and root check was unroot and pass safetynet check but the singtel tv go still detect root. The only was to use is to use magisk to hide and it work well now. Problem is the remote has totally no impact on the app. It cannnot switch channel by number pad. Only can use mouse or air mouse to switch... and i cant exit the app after opening... I need to end the task myself to exit.. Nevertheless, i was able to watch smoothly using my air mouse to switch channel.... Anyone know how to map remote to mouse movement? I want to makae it easy for my parents...

most handphone apps work on mouse only.

singtel tv go works on android tv os, so if you want to make it easy for your parents, buy mibox s or an android TV.

Shawncck

Reaction score
most handphone apps work on mouse only.

singtel tv go works on android tv os, so if you want to make it easy for your parents, buy mibox s or an android TV.

Hi Choo, but the mibox remote control does not have a number pad. Any way to control w a number pad remote if i buy a mibox?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Choo, but the mibox remote control does not have a number pad. Any way to control w a number pad remote if i buy a mibox?

all apps certified for android tv os do not use number pad. They only need d-pad, ok and back buttons.

if you die die must use number pad, you can connect a bluetooth keypad or an airmouse with keypad. you can also use remote control android tv app on handphone that comes with number keys.

Shawncck

Reaction score
all apps certified for android tv os do not use number pad. They only need d-pad, ok and back buttons.

if you die die must use number pad, you can connect a bluetooth keypad or an airmouse with keypad. you can also use remote control android tv app on handphone that comes with number keys.

Hi Choo, my h96 max x2 remote has number pad but it doesnt work w singtel tv go. No effect. I have a airmouse but no number pad and the ok, arrow key also dun work on the singtel app. Do u think if i buy a air mouse w number pad, it can work.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Choo, my h96 max x2 remote has number pad but it doesnt work w singtel tv go. No effect. I have a airmouse but no number pad and the ok, arrow key also dun work on the singtel app. Do u think if i buy a air mouse w number pad, it can work.

Number pads work only if the app developer programmed it.

Got a mibox, problem solved. Dpad is easier to use than number pad.

Else get miotv or starhub settop box. Their number pad should work.

Shawncck

Reaction score
Number pads work only if the app developer programmed it.

Got a mibox, problem solved. Dpad is easier to use than number pad.

Else get miotv or starhub settop box. Their number pad should work.

Choo, What is dpad? Is it the mibox remote? But the mibox remote does not have number pad. So i cant switch channel w the remote too.

Shawncck

Reaction score
google first before you ask.

Hi Choo, I have google what is dpad. But mibox remote do not have number pad. so is going to be the same as my max x2. So no point to get it since i cant switch channel w the remote too. Any easy way to switch singtel tv go channel?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Choo, I have google what is dpad. But mibox remote do not have number pad. so is going to be the same as my max x2. So no point to get it since i cant switch channel w the remote too. Any easy way to switch singtel tv go channel?

Get the Mi Box S or Chromecast dongle and then cast from mobile phone.

It is easy to switch channel from the mobile phone.

I just tried again with my first gen Chromecast dongle, it works very well. Very easy to switch channel for SingTel TV Go, including using the channel number like 502.

Last edited:

Shawncck

Reaction score
Get the Mi Box S or Chromecast dongle and then cast from mobile phone.

It is easy to switch channel from the mobile phone.

I just tried again with my first gen Chromecast dongle, it works very well. Very easy to switch channel for SingTel TV Go, including using the channel number like 502.

I know cos i have apple tv3 ... but my parents do not know how to use... So i trying to make it easy for them... they dun understand English....

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know cos i have apple tv3 ... but my parents do not know how to use... So i trying to make it easy for them... they dun understand English....

My parents in law also do not understand English, but it is okay once you write down the step by step instructions clearly. For example, you can take screenshots and circle the area to click. Print it out.

Of course if you really want to make it easy, get SingTel TV for them. You can use SingTel TV Go then...

Last edited:

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Getting a nvidia shield tv to replace my ubox.
Can't wait to rediscover the joy of TV boxes!
Any must have kodi add ons please let me know!

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Shawncck

Reaction score
My parents in law also do not understand English, but it is okay once you write down the step by step instructions clearly. For example, you can take screenshots and circle the area to click. Print it out.

Of course if you really want to make it easy, get SingTel TV for them. You can use SingTel TV Go then...

Hi Xiaofan, I faced a problem today on my android box. My h96 max x2 was not able to use Singtel TV go. And my toggle live TV. And other app that has live TV for sg local channel all cant watch. I can watch channel from overseas except sg. It will keep spinning when i click any SG channel. My PC and phone was still able to watch singtel tv go and toggle. Do u have any idea what could be preventing my android box from watching.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xiaofan, I faced a problem today on my android box. My h96 max x2 was not able to use Singtel TV go. And my toggle live TV. And other app that has live TV for sg local channel all cant watch. I can watch channel from overseas except sg. It will keep spinning when i click any SG channel. My PC and phone was still able to watch singtel tv go and toggle. Do u have any idea what could be preventing my android box from watching.

Maybe just a temporary network thingy related to SingTel Fibre broadband.

But again H96 Max X2 is not officially supported by SingTel TV Go so you are on your own.

Shawncck

Reaction score
Maybe just a temporary network thingy related to SingTel Fibre broadband.

But again H96 Max X2 is not officially supported by SingTel TV Go so you are on your own.

I was able to watch via wifi using my phone and pc. only the android box cant. And all local channel suddenly do not work including toggle. Very strange. I will try flash another rom.

mankind66

Reaction score
FJDTkpz.jpg

$89 for mi box s at mi shop
1 year warranty.
No need to wait for delivery
Only for father day

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.