Typhoon Season (Rainy season)

aquanark

Reaction score
Dear All,

I will be travelling with kids to TW in early Oct for 1month. Do you think it will be rainy season / typhoon season during this period?

am concern because of kids going.

Eighty7

Reaction score
Dear All,

I will be travelling with kids to TW in early Oct for 1month. Do you think it will be rainy season / typhoon season during this period?

Generally typhoon season is until September , rainfall get lesser in October.

Weather is generally pleasant during that month

goyamata1st

Reaction score
Don’t worry about the weather. October is the best season to visit Taiwan. When typhoon warning is issued, just stay at the hotel for half day. Every shop remain opens. 7-11 and Family Mart can not take an one day off. Everything will be fine. That is.

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How’s the late Nov and Dec a raining season?

ZeroTear

Master Member
Reaction score
by then in oct there is no more typhoon liao so no need to worry

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

For a month is pretty long.
If there is any typhoon, likely first week into Oct.
Do take note of Oct 10.
Their national day.

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
Dear All,

go oct before.. kena typnoon no.8

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Typhoon period usually between July to Oct.

Typhoon not scary. Just stay indoor and avoid going to seaside and kampong area. I kena b4. Was stuck in hotel room for 2 days. Restuarants and some shops still open.

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Typhoon period usually between July to Oct.

Typhoon not scary. Just stay indoor and avoid going to seaside and kampong area. I kena b4. Was stuck in hotel room for 2 days. Restuarants and some shops still open.

Usually is just an overnight thing.
If it comes, make sure avoid the mountains.

coldish

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really hard to predict. Usually by end Sept no more typhoon. But I think there was a year 2015 or 2016 typhoon came on early oct. Taipei usually safer imo

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really hard to predict. Usually by end Sept no more typhoon. But I think there was a year 2015 or 2016 typhoon came on early oct. Taipei usually safer imo
2017 iirc.

typhoon can happen anytime but there's nothing much to worry.

strong wind n big rain means stay inside ur hotel n eat lor

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2017 iirc.

typhoon can happen anytime but there's nothing much to worry.

strong wind n big rain means stay inside ur hotel n eat lor

Stock up enough to eat.
1 full day of titbits n instant noodles.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taiwan is in typhoon season up to Oct/Nov. Typhoon can happen anytime, although this year seems mild. only 1 small typhoon (Nanas) and it did not even reach taiwan.

willgoh

Reaction score
Taiwan is in typhoon season up to Oct/Nov. Typhoon can happen anytime, although this year seems mild. only 1 small typhoon (Nanas) and it did not even reach taiwan.
The effect of the typhoon is strong wind and heavy rain leading to power outages and flooding. Should be very safe indoors. Issues are the disruptions caused after the typhoon has passed like places closed for cleanup, roads blocked by water and fallen trees etc. Should be clear within days.

Medic97

Reaction score
hmmm but usually its ard Oct period? Are there many incidents of Typhoon in late Aug in the past years?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.