View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #2977
Pathfinder
Master Member

My personal findings after using Surfshark for a few days.

Pros
  1. Cheap pricing, USD 1.99/0.99 per month so USD 47.76/23.76‬ billable every 2 years.
  2. Able to unlock US, UK & Japan Netflix.
  3. Simple & easy to use client.

Cons
  1. Slow speeds using both OpenVPN TCP & UDP protocols even when connected to sg, my or id servers. (Tests were done using the Speedtest app on a wired connection. Compared to Torguard).
  2. Slow BitTorrent speed and no port forwarding ability.
  3. No proxy server address/IP provided.
  4. Cannot select/specify an exact server/IP to connect to.
Interesting findings, especially on the cons. Did you request assistance from their support on the slow speed for OpenVPN. For torrenting, maybe you can try their US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.. Not all server allow torrenting. If you connect to a server that doesn't support torrenting, you will be rerouted to one of the US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.

https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-...ith-Surfshark-

You can get top-notch P2P speeds while using our US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.

You may also use P2P on any other server, but you will be rerouted to our servers located in Netherlands or Canada depending on your physical location.

No additional set up needs to be done in our applications to safely connect to P2P servers, because your both P2P and normal traffic are already protected.

P2P connections include streaming players like Ace Player, VLC or PopcornTime, as well as torrent software like BitTorrent or uTorrent.

Last edited by Pathfinder; 10-06-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote