Score / LiveUp / Grab Subscription Programmes / Amazon Prime

vegavega25

Reaction score
Assume groceries are bought online primarily, and extensive use of Grab.

Generally, what is the view out here about these so-called membership programmes?

Given changes to LiveUp beginning 1 July, is it worth it? Costs S$60 a year, rebate in a year may very well exceed that, although by less than before.

Score benefits are reduced too, but costs S$30 a year. Again worth it, no?

How does Amazon Prime compare to RedMart for groceries? And is it a "grocery" category for credit card rebates?

Last edited:

sellun

Reaction score
Same as you.. have been using liveup since the start...

Think I will go with grab subscription + score and try NTUC for now.. will try to go market to shop instead of ordering online more often

Amazon prime selection seems poor and pricey...

Last edited:

kram62

Reaction score
Been also using live up since the start, since we get the bulk of our groceries from RedMart, buy somewhat regularly from lazada (including prepaid topup), and use Netflix anyway. All in all it has been well worth the subscription. Lazada + redmard total $592 savings. Even removing the shipping fee rebate from this (assuming we would instead go supermarket) this still leaves $423 rebate from cashback and exclusive discount. Add to that 2 months of free Netflix. So even at 60 dollars, I'll continue liveup unless something changes significantly.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been also using live up since the start, since we get the bulk of our groceries from RedMart, buy somewhat regularly from lazada (including prepaid topup), and use Netflix anyway. All in all it has been well worth the subscription. Lazada + redmard total $592 savings. Even removing the shipping fee rebate from this (assuming we would instead go supermarket) this still leaves $423 rebate from cashback and exclusive discount. Add to that 2 months of free Netflix. So even at 60 dollars, I'll continue liveup unless something changes significantly.

Lazada rebate is going to be cut.

blueboat

Reaction score
How does the lazada max monthly rebates reset? By calendar month or by the day you bought the products?

RocketAbyss

Reaction score
How does the lazada max monthly rebates reset? By calendar month or by the day you bought the products?

1 month from the time the order has been delivered.

With the changes to Liveup for Lazada, doesn't seem so appealing anymore. No more free shipping, no more 5% rebate on all purchases(now have to be Lazmall)

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score

With the changes to Liveup for Lazada, doesn't seem so appealing anymore. No more free shipping, no more 5% rebate on all purchases(now have to be Lazmall)

Yea.......cancelling my liveup just nice.
It was good while it lasted.

kram62

Reaction score
I guess Liveup is still useful for those who order regularly from Redmart since delivery remains free at $40.
Yeah I've checked online the new terms, and for now it is still quite profitable for my use case. I just hope they don't cut free delivery on RedMart anytime soon otherwise there truly would be no more purpose for this program.

blueboat

Reaction score

So if I purchase before 1 july and my item delivered after 1 july, the rebates will follow the old or new tncs?

vegavega25

Reaction score
Here are the reasons why I think LiveUp is still worth it, after July 1. It is devalued no doubt, like frequent flyer programmes often are, but it is not worth dumping:

- Rebate of 4% on RedMart
- Increased rebate cap of S$50 per month
- Lower threshold for free RedMart delivery
- 2 free months of Netflix (that is S$28 right there

I have never received Grab benefits from LiveUp, so I need to investigate that.

mirage_77

Reaction score
Here are the reasons why I think LiveUp is still worth it, after July 1. It is devalued no doubt, like frequent flyer programmes often are, but it is not worth dumping:

- Rebate of 4% on RedMart
- Increased rebate cap of S$50 per month
- Lower threshold for free RedMart delivery
- 2 free months of Netflix (that is S$28 right there

I have never received Grab benefits from LiveUp, so I need to investigate that.

For Grab you need to do link up with your Liveup account first then check your vouchers in former app. Cant realy remb what I did.

vegavega25

Reaction score
So Score bites the dust. Interesting decision, I suspect it is because the major stakeholder, Grab, is backing out.

Grab subscription programs ending soon as well. I wonder how many of these things ever make money?

PS: For those wondering about refunds etc, FAQ on https://www.scoresg.com/.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.