Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
No prob! They will definitely call your office and NOK if you stop replying / paying them. But stay calm, ask your NOK don’t pick up. As for your office if they call, ask your colleagues to answer and lie to them that this person is no longer working here anymore. For those that did not pay most to most they will send someone over to your place take photo & use that photo to send you & threaten you so you’ll pay more and do what as told. But DON’T FALL FOR THIS TRICK! And as for some (not all) unlucky borrowers that didn’t make payment, LS will send their useless runner up to splash paint. That’s why you’ve to install CCTV for safety purposes.

hi thanks for e reply, my only worry is my NOKs... worried they will be harrass too... for those whom stopped payments, mind sharing what are the experience/events that took place in the event we stop to pay...tq

Last edited:

throwaway00

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to hear this. Don’t pay, and close your hubby bank acct! If not they will keep xfer money into his acct. Install a CCTV. Don’t reply to their text or call anymore. Please lodge a online report here, no worries your detail will be safe, the IO will call your husb ASAP to understand more about his situation.

& how can the police man said too?! It’s too much!!
Alrdy done the cctv up, ignored n oso closed bank acc. Oso made several reports. But sadly since they ssaid they cant do anythin abt the LML since they r legal. They r not wrong to come up.
Also said the UML cant force us to borrow from the LML what.. u can alwys say no.

Yes no. But who can understand the fear & threats.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Firstly I apologise for misreading it.
Is a scam right? Saying that you guys have taken up a loan yet didn’t pay them. My dad faced this issue just early this year and that’s how I found this thread so useful. But my dad did shouted back and f at them saying if you have any prove then come on to show me the “loan” I took up, as he did not even take up any loan at all. End up the unknown LS hang up the call.
Omg you guys should not even loan from LML to pay the loan to UML that you guys did not loan from them in the first place and should fight back. Oh dear! But LML you’ve pay no matter what and accordingly if you can’t make any pmt atm you may speak with the LML officer regarding the monthly repayment issue but definitely I’m sure there’ll be interest rate involved. Otherwise they’ll come up or even take legal action towards this, so it’ll be good that you give them a call or drop by their office to talk about this issue.
All these police officers are just useless enough that they didn’t even put themselves in the shoe to feel how it is to feel this way. Fùcked up much.

Alrdy done the cctv up, ignored n oso closed bank acc. Oso made several reports. But sadly since they ssaid they cant do anythin abt the LML since they r legal. They r not wrong to come up.
Also said the UML cant force us to borrow from the LML what.. u can alwys say no.

Yes no. But who can understand the fear & threats.

Last edited:

throwaway00

Reaction score
Firstly I apologise for misreading it.
Is a scam right? Saying that you guys have taken up a loan yet didn’t pay them. My dad faced this issue just early this year and that’s how I found this thread so useful. But my dad did shouted back and f at them saying if you have any prove then come on to show me the “loan” I took up, as he did not even take up any loan at all. End up the unknown LS hang up the call.
Omg you guys should not even loan from LML to pay the loan to UML that you guys did not loan from them in the first place and should fight back. Oh dear! But LML you’ve pay no matter what and accordingly if you can’t make any pmt atm you may speak with the LML officer regarding the monthly repayment issue but definitely I’m sure there’ll be interest rate involved. Otherwise they’ll come up or even take legal action towards this, so it’ll be good that you give them a call or drop by their office to talk about this issue.
All these police officers are just useless enough that they didn’t even put themselves in the shoe to feel how it is to feel this way. Fùcked up much.

Yes the LML was forced by the UML.
We did try to nego. But they said NO. They want full sum ASAP. Despite my hub paying up 20%.
They even came up twice everyday.

Logically my hub should not even have borrowed from the LML but the UML harass his whole family my whole family and his office also. The stress is there.

toms10

Reaction score
Yes. I loan also that point of moment because i'm really totally broke to go work, so i jst take a small loan wth them as long as the money i can cover fr my daily expenses on working till i get my salary i'm ok wth it. Nw, i've experience lending money wth those scumbags, after this there's no more borrowing. Life ruined & miserable

hi, do they still harrassing u?

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
And now i got 6 missed calls from a private number. What should i do.
Hello there, please stay calm. Just don’t pick up. Definitely they will be spamming you with calls, it shall stop sooner or later once they have found another new target victim. Ask your NOK don’t pick up unknown or private number calls as it’s high likely be them.
As for LML, you’ve call & speak to them. If it unsuccessful, then you may consider to look for Adullum Life Counselling to speak about the issue you’re having.

Please read guys.

For sms, if you using android phone ( not familiar with iphone) under sms -> settings -> block messages -> block phrases. You can add common phrases they use.

For calls, you can install an app called Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. Just set to block all calls except on your contact list.

For Whatsapp, can report and block only.I hope whatsapp updates with feature to prevent anyone from adding you to a group and block any unknown number not on our contact list.

Like I said before, our Govt bodies with telcos need to collaborate to stop this menace. It's getting out of hand.

Last edited:

Super lost

Reaction score
Oh.. LS just inform that if he don't receive the $ by 9pm, standby to guard your hse. Threat or just scaring...? Am worry nw

If u really worry then install CCTV outside.. it will at least make the runner think twice b4 he wants to throw paint.. if he really throw then download the footage and give it to the police... that him go in seat for good

vipertay88

Reaction score
Hi bros,

I will like to ask about LML. If you don't pay them, what will they do? They will send debt collectors to your house and company?

Because my friend said that maybe the law has changed. Recently about 2 weeks ago, he did not pay them and no debt collectors went up his house and office. Only call him and send letters.

Can any bros verify?
Thanks

Super lost

Reaction score
hi thanks for e reply, my only worry is my NOKs... worried they will be harrass too... for those whom stopped payments, mind sharing what are the experience/events that took place in the event we stop to pay...tq

As mention if u see any unfamiliar faces do call the police let the police to screen them. I had stop payment early this yr and also got alot of calls and harassment both my family and office... I even got free paint work for my door .. but I just simply dun care and leg the police to the job ... and now I able to get back to my normal life ...so dun ever give in to them.

Messup

Reaction score
But i jus chg my no. Last week only. So fast happen again?

It wont be from any govt agency right?

It could be a recycled number. Anyway, those private number calls should be soliciting for you to “support” them for loans. Just ignore or cancel the call.

If you are curious who is calling, then just answer, listen to what the caller say and hang up.

I know it quite irritating and makes you panariod when you are in this situation. Hang in there and stay strong!

throwaway00

Reaction score
It could be a recycled number. Anyway, those private number calls should be soliciting for you to “support” them for loans. Just ignore or cancel the call.

If you are curious who is calling, then just answer, listen to what the caller say and hang up.

I know it quite irritating and makes you panariod when you are in this situation. Hang in there and stay strong!

Yes! Everytime something happen my heart skip a beat. Like a mini heart attack. Like now im afraid to go home. I rather hang around outside den at home in fear someone comes knocking.

Messup

Reaction score
Yes! Everytime something happen my heart skip a beat. Like a mini heart attack. Like now im afraid to go home. I rather hang around outside den at home in fear someone comes knocking.

I know how you are feeling, very jumpy with the slightest sound especially knocking of doors or any commotion outside the house.

Phone rings or msg coming in also makes the heart skip a beat.

Try to churn your fears or anxiety into anger, be brave and prepared for whatever that “may” happen and get on with life.

All the best.

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hi bros,

I will like to ask about LML. If you don't pay them, what will they do? They will send debt collectors to your house and company?

Because my friend said that maybe the law has changed. Recently about 2 weeks ago, he did not pay them and no debt collectors went up his house and office. Only call him and send letters.

Can any bros verify?
Thanks

Hi Viper

It also depend on your amt and the size of the company if small company they will keep calling and call your NOK .

For my case i cant make payment also , they start to send sms to me say if dont pay they will hand my case over to debt collector , so i approached abdullam , they help nego for monthly payment .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.