[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So Slaking still with play rough better in defending a gym ?

But BS only happen during this CD so if you used CTM to change to PS, then cannot changed back liao.

Yes. I didn't evolve as I read in TSR that Play Rough is better due to its fairy moveset which deal super effective damage to Machamp. I think it makes sense.

Sgtrad

Reaction score
So Slaking still with play rough better in defending a gym ?

But BS only happen during this CD so if you used CTM to change to PS, then cannot changed back liao.

I missed the CD ... good that there is second chance . Please let me know when Europe will have another CD ... I want to catch 100% shiny !

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just managed to catch one shiny Lileep at Queens, NY. Other than that no shiny Anorith and Onix.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I missed the CD ... good that there is second chance . Please let me know when Europe will have another CD ... I want to catch 100% shiny !

Please note here when if anyone got first hand news................... :D

Toonsy92

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you all don't know which is better, then open up 2nd charged move for Slaking. I did it with Blaziken cause both blast burn and blaze kick very good to use.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
much harder to dodge yes for BS,

but PR deals more dmg.

likelyhood of pkm used is machamp

it depends on pkm, used and skills of a techique of a player

for BS, even i use machamp, i wont really find it a must to siam ( for the fact tt it deals dmg, but it wont really kill my machamp off)

but for PR, pratically 1 hit KO if my machamp was rolled over before the slaking

also theres a call to siam or not to siam, if u hit enough gyms, u will know when to siam and when not to siam ( situational) ( i will not comment much as diff ppl as difference resources )

but through experience after battling 40k gyms battles, personally i feel SK with PR is better, of cos if 1 have access to 2 both moveset it would be ideal

( do take note recently is partly cloudy most of the time, thus BS is much more painful)

after adventure week event gone, SG weather should revert to cloudy most of the time

But BS is 3 bars while PR is 2

So when put in gym the AI will always discharge BS first right ?

PR can only kill one machamp if the Slaking is above 4K at full health.

So if BS usually comes into play first no point wasting SD for 2 moves.

Never check is it 10k or 50k for 2nd move for Slaking ?

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normally NN will set target for Go Fest every year then when it's achieved will unlock rewards world wide.

Am I right ? Or is that for other event ?

How come this year nothing announced yet ?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still can't get any Shiny Lileep and Anorith.
Same for Onix, everyday do 6 quest for Onix, yet no shiny. Oh my.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys, for the long term benefit, I think it is better to align the 7th day catching streak to be on a Monday, so as to align with the weekly progress rewards. Or better still, align the 7th day research too on Monday.

For the catching streak, u must not catch any pokemon throughout Monday. So that rules out the recent period where ex raids are on Mondays.

For the research it is easier. Just skip certain days as required, just make sure the 7th day is on a Monday. Thereafter u can continue with doing research every day.

Anyway I am also not able to align the streak in time to capitalise on the 50k stardust awards, so will just have to wait until next time.

By the way, my existing 7th day is now on Sunday.

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But BS is 3 bars while PR is 2

So when put in gym the AI will always discharge BS first right ?

PR can only kill one machamp if the Slaking is above 4K at full health.

So if BS usually comes into play first no point wasting SD for 2 moves.

Never check is it 10k or 50k for 2nd move for Slaking ?

there are of factors to consider, for me sad to say no 100% slakoth, i dun evovle for CD, din really bother me( i believe dec will have a all year round chance again as per last year)

likely gym are battled assuming 2 acc who are BF orwhatsoever
, dodging is harder when u use 2 phone to siam ( i am not saying 1 cant, but its just more ma fan)

so if SK is 4k CP, as mentioned, if 2 Machamp is on the roll, it dun just kill 1 machamp, BUT 2

not much difference for me for BS, similarly like legacy snorlax, gotta admit the BS is a pain the arse, but if u dun have a heng heng legacy snorlax, IMO Ourtage is not tt far off ( afterall, if as an attacker, with the right pkm or moveset, what the typical defenders are up makes no diff to me, all i just need to swap pkms

common defenders i usually see ( snorlax, sk, blissey, chansey, metagross, gyrados, sala,d9, gardevoir, tyrans, milotic, mamoswine)

so i have a team to take down them,

on and off u can see lapras/melmetal rare pkm, probably up for the sake of feeding berries to get candies

so my team of 6 pkm has a team of tt can take down the common general ones

to note, i usually use 2 acc to hoot ( so on avg its 15 sec per full health mons, with blissey maybe need 18-25 sec)

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally imo, 3 charge move may be faster to execute, but i think DPS or TDO also makes a difference

1 good example maybe if foul play ( 2 bar move) vs crunch 3 bar

i can feel it for weavile vs tyran,

its just so much better for foul play.....

but its all individual preferance, all these are only impt when ur in a 4-6 man raid

gyms concern, u can feel some difference, but not high stake as a raid pass

wrx_77

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone manage to get shiny onix from raids ? Did 6 raids and still no shiny. Did 10 raid and got 4 shinies for cresslia.

There has to be some algorithm or programming bug in pokemongo where some trainers tend to get more shinies for a specific mon while at the same time no shiny for another mon.

limbs03

Reaction score
Anyone manage to get shiny onix from raids ? Did 6 raids and still no shiny. Did 10 raid and got 4 shinies for cresslia.

There has to be some algorithm or programming bug in pokemongo where some trainers tend to get more shinies for a specific mon while at the same time no shiny for another mon.

my wife and i are 4/17 for shiny cresslia.
I am 0/37 for shiny onix quests (it's 1/50 accordingly to silph road research).

so i kind of agree with you that NN has implemented individualized shiny rates for specific mons.

wrx_77

Master Member
Reaction score
my wife and i are 4/17 for shiny cresslia.
I am 0/37 for shiny onix quests (it's 1/50 accordingly to silph road research).

so i kind of agree with you that NN has implemented individualized shiny rates for specific mons.

Read somewhere that onix has higher shiny rates for raids (compared to adventure week quest), that's why have been doing these tier 3 raids. I usually do tier 5 as i need more rare candies and potions.

But still no luck.... Have seen quite a few people with onix or steelix (cos they display them in their gyms)

limbs03

Reaction score
Read somewhere that onix has higher shiny rates for raids (compared to adventure week quest), that's why have been doing these tier 3 raids. I usually do tier 5 as i need more rare candies and potions.

But still no luck.... Have seen quite a few people with onix or steelix (cos they display them in their gyms)

i see....but i need to do lvl5 raids to get the rare candies as u mentioned...
so no choice but to stick to the quests....its last burst of fire this evening...good luck!!

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shiny but not good iv do you all still keep and power up....................... :s22:

Sgtrad

Reaction score

Was hoping to get from quest

limbs03

Reaction score
Shiny but not good iv do you all still keep and power up....................... :s22:

i will power to great league lvl only for use, so not too resource intensive :s13:
anyways the game is getting stale so shiny hunting is the only way to still be motivated lor

Sgtrad

Reaction score
Was hoping to get from quest

Just after I posted ... caught from wild

14doy7a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.