[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeroyTanz

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows which is Tradepac's Synology local distributor?

Ask them since Monday, only got reply like "ok bro", "check for you bro", then no reply.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows which is Tradepac's Synology local distributor?

Ask them since Monday, only got reply like "ok bro", "check for you bro", then no reply.
There are 3 distro, Ace, Eternal Asia and Memory World. Call them up with serial number.

ET_ETs

Reaction score
Hi all need help on my Synology DS918+ my NAS just crashed after a 2 force shutdown to the NAS. My NAS show no volume and storage pool been found in storage manager :(:(, Any where can recover it and how. Thank

M96GtUu.jpg

PHRPsgD.jpg

midlusionz

Reaction score
Hi all need help on my Synology DS918+ my NAS just crashed after a 2 force shutdown to the NAS. My NAS show no volume and storage pool been found in storage manager :(:(, Any where can recover it and how. Thank

M96GtUu.jpg

PHRPsgD.jpg

Is the lights on your 918+ blue? My HDD died and it was kick out of the volume.

andee

Reaction score
If your NAS is capable of running Docker. You should install Crashplan for Biz and pay 10USD per month for unlimited backup for your NAS.

dustbunnies

Reaction score
Hi guys. Rn have a 2 bay NAS... but running out of space. Should I upgrade to 4 bay? If so should I buy 4 more new HD or reuse the one from the 2 bay?

Totally tech clueless..... relatives asked me to do this because I'm doing a computing degree even though I don't know **** :s11::(

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Rn have a 2 bay NAS... but running out of space. Should I upgrade to 4 bay? If so should I buy 4 more new HD or reuse the one from the 2 bay?

Totally tech clueless..... relatives asked me to do this because I'm doing a computing degree even though I don't know **** :s11::(

Not your money... So upgrade nas lo

Simple as that

U upgrade parts... Some parts die early.. u die

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if it is me..........

i will get 4 bay, use the 2 old hdd and get 2 more bigger size one

but than ur old one how?
u use which raid?

dustbunnies

Reaction score
if it is me..........

i will get 4 bay, use the 2 old hdd and get 2 more bigger size one

but than ur old one how?
u use which raid?

Old one maybe I'll keep hehehehehee.
Cost isn't an issue to them I think. Ok so I get 2 more hard disk!

Not sure which raid they have been using.... would have to read up on it later. Shouldn't be 0. Maybe 5? Is there a way to check? Not sure how their Synology was set up... there's no application or anything. It's like those windows folder. Opened the file and all the documents are inside for all the computers to view

Thank you so much for responding :"(

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
U better read up the raid, see how they want to setup.

If 2bay mean they just purely use the 2hdd for storage without backup..
what if the file lost?

If $$ not issue, than u get 4 new HDD and move the file from old to new one, in case the old HDD gg.

I use Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) so even i got 4hdd, i only can use 2hdd spacing.

U can check ur raid by connect to synology and go to storage manager
check the IP address which connect to NAS and login

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what if the file lost?

If $$ not issue, than u get 4 new HDD and move the file from old to new one, in case the old HDD gg.

I use Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) so even i got 4hdd, i only can use 2hdd spacing.

No logic.

If u can only use 2 hdd spacing instead of 3 out of the 4 it means

U either configured as SHR-2, RAID1, RAID6 (in other words, 2 disk redundancy). U can always configure it as SHR, RAID 5 to enjoy 3 disk capacity.

At the end of the day, is your requirements

dustbunnies

Reaction score
No logic.

U either configured as SHR-2, RAID1, RAID6 (in other words, 2 disk redundancy). U can always configure it as SHR, RAID 5 to enjoy 3 disk capacity.

Hmm previously they had Synology 2 bay drive. I plan to get them a 4 bay drive.
Would raid 6 be better? Then I back it up to another cloud in case of disk failure

Thank you so much. Sorry all these are new to me it's so confusing

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i already say, i using Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) what. system state SHR. 1 disk redundancy/failure. So Idk?

As for dustbunnies, it hard to advice since he dunno what raid he using..
HE can use either SHR or RAID 0 or 1 for 2bay

No logic.

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm previously they had Synology 2 bay drive. I plan to get them a 4 bay drive.
Would raid 6 be better? Then I back it up to another cloud in case of disk failure

Thank you so much. Sorry all these are new to me it's so confusing

if u r going for 4 bay + cloud, i feel doing SHR (with 1 disk failure) or RAID5 is more than enough

Previously im on SHR-2 when i have a single NAS, now i change it back to SHR-1 because i hv another NAS to backup the other NAS

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i already say, i using Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) what. system state SHR. 1 disk redundancy/failure. So Idk?

As for dustbunnies, it hard to advice since he dunno what raid he using..
HE can use either SHR or RAID 0 or 1 for 2bay

what if the file lost?

If you are using SHR-1, u should have 3hdd "spacing" instead of 2. So is either i misunderstood you or u did not make urself clear.

which is which ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.