want to restart gyming, need some advice

RabbitKing

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After stopping gym for like 4-5 years, i feel like i am getting more and more fat (mid-life crisis :s13:). After seeing all those 30days makeover in youtube, feel very motivated to start my own makeover also.

Now the thing is I've been out so long, I am seriously considering a few options, should I,

- anyhow choose a 30 days program from the web and do everything myself, or
- hire a PT for a start, and then do the rest myself, or
- hire a PT to plan the full 30 days for me?

Did some research, a PT costs maybe 50$~70$/hr, say average if i spend 6hours in gym a week, thats $300/week, around 1.2k for a month correct? Got bulk discount for PT one or not? :o

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe ask if any friends frequent the gym and tag along? I personally don't see the need for a PT as most workout can be found online(YouTube). You can refer to channels like
-AthleanX
-Scott Herman Fitness
-OFFICIALTHENX
-Jordan Teoh Fitness

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After stopping gym for like 4-5 years, i feel like i am getting more and more fat (mid-life crisis :s13:). After seeing all those 30days makeover in youtube, feel very motivated to start my own makeover also.

Now the thing is I've been out so long, I am seriously considering a few options, should I,

- anyhow choose a 30 days program from the web and do everything myself, or
- hire a PT for a start, and then do the rest myself, or
- hire a PT to plan the full 30 days for me?

Did some research, a PT costs maybe 50$~70$/hr, say average if i spend 6hours in gym a week, thats $300/week, around 1.2k for a month correct? Got bulk discount for PT one or not? :o

I also saw those videos and felt motivated to change. But 30 days not enough one la, unless you no other commitments and no work, everyday can go gym.
I already started my journey for 4 month liao, weight from 73kg to 66kg.

I learn everything online, like what exercise to do, what food to eat etc.
No need PT one la unless you reach a plague where you dont have any more gains.

RabbitKing

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe ask if any friends frequent the gym and tag along? I personally don't see the need for a PT as most workout can be found online(YouTube). You can refer to channels like
-AthleanX
-Scott Herman Fitness
-OFFICIALTHENX
-Jordan Teoh Fitness

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

thanks man, will check them out!

I also saw those videos and felt motivated to change. But 30 days not enough one la, unless you no other commitments and no work, everyday can go gym.
I already started my journey for 4 month liao, weight from 73kg to 66kg.

I learn everything online, like what exercise to do, what food to eat etc.
No need PT one la unless you reach a plague where you dont have any more gains.

i quite free from now till Sep.. so hope can do something useful lor. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.