Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using the seventh generation "PROS"? Are all the live tv and movie apps still working? Are the live tv channels in 1080p? I'm mainly interested in Taiwan, Hong Kong and China tv channels.

You used before the previous generation uboxes? Do you think their live tv channels are in 1080p? They are 480p to 720p max at best. Its very rare to find iptv streamed at true 1080p. And for ubox, gen after gen there is hardly any change in terms of content for their apps. If the content are identical apart from hardware specs of the box, then there is not point paying more for the latest gen. For example, the upros is selling locally at $219. If you wont be fully utilizing the hardware, might as well save $40-50 and get the older upro or upro2.

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes really vomit blood explaining all these high definition box. Please u have the best box can stream even 8k but the source give in 480p or 720p. U also LLST received this resolution. U bought a sport car travel 300 km/h, the road congested or only allow u travel 50 km/h. U also can do 50km/h. I still using ubox pro 2 that's 5 years ago and still working great.

Sent from Vivo 1725 using GAGT

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
I never upgrade firmware or install whatever apks roll out for overseas used or what DNS changer. Any problem just go setting, restore to factory settings erase all. Than reinstall everything from ub mkt. Only thing the dns never use your telco. My router both primary and secondary all set to google dns.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Take it as ubox or any box with 4K support meaning the hdmi point at the box can output 4K is eg like your pc can output 4K but doesn’t mean you will be playing games at 4k, but you maybe watching YouTube (if you have red) or seeing photo at 4K or using with multiple Microsoft office windows open side by side

Same thing with your tv you sure has a FHD tv but all tv channel sources in Singapore only comes in HD why buy a fhd tv leh? Becos like some app will stream at that resolution esp iptv (non live).

Comes back to the box the box is an android box, besides from live tv app there are other apps like Morpheus rss adrama apps which is non live tv that may stream 4K

Also buffering is also an issue, with more memory and higher specs soc buffering (also inclusive of processing and decoding) is better hence less stoppage esp for higher def content or content that uses the x264 rather than the H264/265

Sometimes really vomit blood explaining all these high definition box. Please u have the best box can stream even 8k but the source give in 480p or 720p. U also LLST received this resolution. U bought a sport car travel 300 km/h, the road congested or only allow u travel 50 km/h. U also can do 50km/h. I still using ubox pro 2 that's 5 years ago and still working great.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually I am curious does the authority monitor such thread and will go scan those ip of the ppl who reply in these sort of threads to ppl using android box with the live tv software?

Is it becos of this fear suddenly this thread has quieten down already?

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
We are not terrorists or hackers. The authority where got so free to scan many thousands the IP addresses of home owners. If scare just get a reliable vpn. I do agree with u if u want the box to use for others apks able to stream higher support high resolution since the source is already in real HD.

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Because he got a high end box with 4k support and watching YouTube content instead of ubox programs.

magno

Reaction score
You used before the previous generation uboxes? Do you think their live tv channels are in 1080p? They are 480p to 720p max at best. Its very rare to find iptv streamed at true 1080p. And for ubox, gen after gen there is hardly any change in terms of content for their apps. If the content are identical apart from hardware specs of the box, then there is not point paying more for the latest gen. For example, the upros is selling locally at $219. If you wont be fully utilizing the hardware, might as well save $40-50 and get the older upro or upro2.

Ah, thanks for the info. I’ve never owned an IPTV box. That’s why I asked. Is Evpad 3 better in terms of the video quality?

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
I have both evpad. Both on Paris but recently ubox channels getting lesser and buffering esp sports channels. Advise get an evpad instead. The icons are more well organized. Try go SLS #03-65 to see. I am not related as the boss is very friendly.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I am curious does the authority monitor such thread and will go scan those ip of the ppl who reply in these sort of threads to ppl using android box with the live tv software?

Is it becos of this fear suddenly this thread has quieten down already?

don't be so ......, you thought authority don't know anything and need to come here to find out?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the info. I’ve never owned an IPTV box. That’s why I asked. Is Evpad 3 better in terms of the video quality?

2 reasons to go for the newest Upros.

1st. The 2gb ram in upros instead of the usual 1gb ram in the older models is quite critical especially in boxes running android 6.0 and up.

2nd. Dual band wifi in the upros is useful but not 100% necessary. 2.4ghz wifi speeds is sufficient for most form of streaming.

I used to own a ubox 3 and am currently using a evpad 3pro. Comparatively, i would say that evpad's live tv channels are generally better in quality compared to unblock. Also, switching and loading of channels is faster in evpad.

Still its best to manage your expectations in terms of video quality. For me, i have no complains on how the 480-720p channels look when output onto my 4k tv. They are clear enough to be enjoyable. If you die die want 1080p, then singtel/starhub are your only options.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alot of things belong to grey area or are borderline illegal but nobody cares as long you use privately and dont do stupid things like downloading certain stuff you shouldnt be downloading. Key word here is be discrete. Even if authorities want to clamp down they will also target the sellers first.

immortanjoe

Reaction score
very noob question - in ubox how to get channels listed by country instead of everything in one big list ? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.