Standchart eSaver

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wahh bro, not correct news leh
Vsvs update there was 100 sets at Hsbc tampines today wor

anyway now no more liao :(

Ya, u know how HSBC is like. Ask at branch, was told ALL branches no more.
Sekali vsvs say Tampines got, another told me ARC also got, but run out by lunch. Guess new notes is not their core strength :(

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have e$aver account since 2007 when they encouraged me to open an account by they depositing $1 into the account. After so many years and after upgraded to priority, I just received a letter informing me that they are going to close my savings and security account as well as credit card by early next month :s22:

As for the credit card, I have paid a sum of money as Lifetime Member years before opening a savings account. Can they just closed my credit card just like that?

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score
I have e$aver account since 2007 when they encouraged me to open an account by they depositing $1 into the account. After so many years and after upgraded to priority, I just received a letter informing me that they are going to close my savings and security account as well as credit card by early next month :s22:

As for the credit card, I have paid a sum of money as Lifetime Member years before opening a savings account. Can they just closed my credit card just like that?

did you violate any TNC?

abuse system?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are you the same person that BOC close all your accounts and cards sometime back ?

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@henrylbh, u can try writing in to appeal for a refund on the lifetime member cc fee. Good luck.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did you violate any TNC?

abuse system?

No reason was given for advice on closure of accounts.

They questioned some transactions over the last 6 months and asked for doc. All questions were answered according with doc except I did not want to disclose my salary and the amount of equities I am holding.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious. What is lifetime member cc and what are the benefits ?

Long ago when Platinum visa card was introduced, I was invited to pay a certain sum of money to get Lifetime Member with 3 sup card, all foc. That time annual subscription fee was not cheap. What the benefits were, I did not bother :s13: My visa card is embossed with the word 'Lifetime Member' and it has been inactive for a few years :s13:

sgdividends

Reaction score
Within the same 2 months promo, if I withdraw from esaver to another bank and deposit the same amount back to the same esaver from the other bank....this amount still counted as adb right?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bank can write to u and give notice that they going to close your accounts without giving any reasons. Bopian, llst.

They questioned some transactions over the last 6 months and asked for doc. All questions were answered according with doc except I did not want to disclose my salary and the amount of equities I am holding.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dun give up. scb banned all my new cc applications for a good 3 yrs before lifting the ban.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dun give up. scb banned all my new cc applications for a good 3 yrs before lifting the ban.

I have just logged in and mailed to find out the reason for notice of account closure. Since I have disclosed very personal info with doc, the least I expect is the bank reciprocate with reasons why the account should be closed or at least which transaction/s they are not comfortable and would prefer the account to be closed.

I will certainly ditch the bank, if I can find another bank, besides maybank, that give promo interest. At the moment, the account has less than 1k as all have been moved to maybank ha ha.

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just logged in and mailed to find out the reason for notice of account closure. Since I have disclosed very personal info with doc, the least I expect is the bank reciprocate with reasons why the account should be closed or at least which transaction/s they are not comfortable and would prefer the account to be closed.

I will certainly ditch the bank, if I can find another bank, besides maybank, that give promo interest. At the moment, the account has less than 1k as all have been moved to maybank ha ha.

If you have more than 200k can consider HSBC EGA.

turtle2018

Reaction score
under your own single name?

what's the benefit of opening another esaver account

Can a person open 2 e-$aver a/c?

I was at a Stanchart branch yesterday to enquire about the Krisflyer promotion.
I asked: if I open a e-$aver a/c now, the promotional rate (total 2% p.a.) will end on end-Jul 2019. Can I open a second e-$aver a/c on 1 Aug 2019 so that I can enjoy the prevailing promotional rate on this second e-$aver a/c for Aug & Sep?
Answer given by the RM: No, each person can only open one e-$aver a/c.

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score

I asked: if I open a e-$aver a/c now, the promotional rate (total 2% p.a.) will end on end-Jul 2019. Can I open a second e-$aver a/c on 1 Aug 2019 so that I can enjoy the prevailing promotional rate on this second e-$aver a/c for Aug & Sep?

Open maybank isavvy better. 500 + 500

esaver = 1000 + 1000

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I wont trust RM's so much. Their product knowledge is basic. Do trial and error. I can confirm that I opened 2 e savers online. I will let you know if I get the promo interest on the 2nd esaver.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

there are so many customers (including myself) with 2 e-saver (single) accounts.

btw the person you spoke to at the branch, you call him 'RM'. is it a person at the counter, or someone sitting in his own 'cubicle'?

... but either way, the person either doesn't know or is discouraging you from opening a 2nd eSaver.

(edited to remove contentious issues!)

i'm glad SC is flexible to that extent. it's really irrelevant to talk about 'fresh funds' when it's just the same money... banks should appreciate we're keeping the money with them, whether 'fresh' or not.

Maybank also flexible. these two banks are good for us who're savers.

Last edited:

maple96

Reaction score
Pls use your discretion, dun blame the bank staff for telling you the bank rules/procedures/tnc.

If u can open 2 single esaver accounts over the counter, I salute u
Per bank procedures and tnc, my understanding, each person is only allowed to open one esaver account. U need fresh funds to earn bonus interest on esaver.

There might be loopholes in the ibanking/bank's system such that u can open a second single esaver account or earn bonus interest without transfer fresh funds (per bank's definition). These are just loopholes.

If u can recall, most loopholes discussed in credit card or money mind forums will somehow rip once the bank find a way to fix their system.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Goodness. Please don't so openly tell bank staff such things. I am OK with sharing online but to tell the bank directly is a different thing.

Just like I am so appalled to see the OCBC 360 thread where people openly talk about having 2 accounts and rotating when they know OCBC staff monitors that thread and answer questions posted there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.