Treasure at Tampines

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was referring to the upcoming government land sale sites.

But developers have no choice but to book in losses if the market cannot support their asking prices.

Look at the recent land bid of site near SUO. The same bidder bid lower than the bid for SUO. If a brand new condo is selling cheaper than the launch price (5 years ago) of a five year old condo, do you think this five year old condo would appreciate or depreciate in value?

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Loti Prata Shop

On the one hand ‘oversupply unlikely to happen’

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2018/7/173387/supply-glut-unlikely-to-happen-condo-prices-may-see-healthy-growth-jll

On the other hand,
Quote”
The cutback comes amid OVERSUPPLY CONCERNS, with roughly 44,000 private housing units in the pipeline.
Unquote””

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2019/6/180497/what-does-a-cutback-in-new-condo-supply-mean-for-the-market

Do you believe what you read?

bobo07

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Crisis coming soon, those ppl who bought property and financing it good luck.. Sinkies monkey see monkey do... anyhow buy....

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Crisis coming soon, those ppl who bought property and financing it good luck.. Sinkies monkey see monkey do... anyhow buy....

I still see many many people go showflat and buying.:o I think your crisis is over statement. :o

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I still see many many people go showflat and buying.:o I think your crisis is over statement. :o

The more people buy now, the worse the crisis (if any) will be as more default on their loans.

True that there is a lot of uncertainly now, no one knows, there has been much talks of recession these few years.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The more people buy now, the worse the crisis (if any) will be as more default on their loans.

True that there is a lot of uncertainly now, no one knows, there has been much talks of recession these few years.

As much I hope there is a correction, but with MAS imposing TDSR and ABSD I think those who insist buying condos are buffered with extra cash. :o I think. :o

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As much I hope there is a correction, but with MAS imposing TDSR and ABSD I think those who insist buying condos are buffered with extra cash. :o I think. :o

It is perfectly fine if other people use their money to purchase property to drive the economy. As Long as they are not using my money...if they gain with all the absd, high interest and taxes we can only congratulate them. If they lose money like those who bought some Sentosa properties, then use them as a lesson learnt. They pay ‘fees’ to learn, but we learn from them...

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score

Actually the less people buy, then developer will bid lower for land, then government will say developer bid lower than reserved price so dun wan sell, then less supply and slowly all leftover units get sold out with replenishment. If not, government will remove cooling measures and units will start selling and developers will still bid for land at sky high price. To me, it is a cycle. Unless government is ok to sell the land at lower prices which means lesser profit for the government too..

batdow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
many indon indian prc buyers want to buy sg properties... sinkies will be priced out

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Actually the less people buy, then developer will bid lower for land, then government will say developer bid lower than reserved price so dun wan sell, then less supply and slowly all leftover units get sold out with replenishment. If not, government will remove cooling measures and units will start selling and developers will still bid for land at sky high price. To me, it is a cycle. Unless government is ok to sell the land at lower prices which means lesser profit for the government too..

Was referring to an economic crisis not limited to the property market but affects other investments and people's income.

But you are right. We have seen the site near sims urban oasis sold for a relatively low rate recently.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was referring to an economic crisis not limited to the property market but affects other investments and people's income.

But you are right. We have seen the site near sims urban oasis sold for a relatively low rate recently.

SUO is a melayu kampong in disguise. :o I dun think highly of that place. :o

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha... you can say the same for paya lebar and eunos.

Unfortunately yes. :o I do not think highly nor have slightest good impression of that stretch. :o The up and coming paya lebar whatever hub doesn't have any wow effect. :o Being said abit further south to dakota and old airport road will be good though. :o Else that stretch from kaki bukit, sim, eunos and paya lebar are no-no for me. :o

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately yes. :o I do not think highly nor have slightest good impression of that stretch. :o The up and coming paya lebar whatever hub doesn't have any wow effect. :o Being said abit further south to dakota and old airport road will be good though. :o Else that stretch from kaki bukit, sim, eunos and paya lebar are no-no for me. :o

Same here. No matter how cheap those geylang freeholds are, I am not at all interested.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.