Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This 10 years have been underwhelming for the English clubs in Europe as they won only 2 out of 10 Champions League as compared to 6 out of 10 for Spanish clubs. Chelsea is the most successful club for the past decade having won 1 Champions League and 2 Europa Cup. Liverpool is the second best despite participating in only 4 Champions League campaigns in the last decade went to finals twice and won this year. Considering Liverpool were in turmoil since 2010 when Rafa Benitez left and were as bad as Manure until recently, Liverpool rise back to being European elites is really remarkable.

Just for comparison between Liverpool and other English clubs:
English Clubs record for the past 10 Champions League campaigns (2009-2019)
Arsenal - Participate in Champions League 8 times, proceed to quarter finals 1 time, round of 16 8 times
Chelsea - Participate in Champions League 8 times, exit group stage 1 time, proceed to round of 16 7 times, quarter finals 3 time, semi final 2 times, finals 1 time and won 1 time
Leicester - Participate in Champions League 1 time, proceed to round of 16 1 time and quarter finals 1 time
Liverpool – Participate in Champions League 4 times, exit group stage 2 times, proceed to finals 2 times and won 1 time
Manchester City: Participate in Champions League 8 times, exit group stage 2 times, proceed to round of 16 6 times, quarter finals 3 times and semifinals 1 time
Manchester United: Participate in Champions League 8 times, exit group stage 2 times, proceed to round of 16 6 times, quarter finals 4 times and finals 1 time
Tottenham Hotspurs: Participate in Champions League 4 times, exit group stage 1 time, proceed to round of 16 3 times, quarter finals 2 times and finals 1 time

We have walk out of the storm and became European Champions, till now I am still celebrating with the club's colours everyday, wearing my favourite jerseys to office and then home.

On my journey on the bus everyday, i will think of our club, the long walk away from the David Moore, how he sold the very club he love to the Cowboys. Then how the Cowboys spent hundred of millions on plans that never been fulfilled and brought us nearly to the brink of an administration. Sir Martin Broughton then took over briefly to oversee the management, casted the Cowboys away and sold to NESV and then to FSG now. It was really a journey of change, changing and being changed!

So i am glad the storm is over and now players and fans can enjoy football as it should really have been. I only think of ManUre when I am taking my dump every morning in the office and go into their laugh thread to dig at them!

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Got report said that de Ligt will go to PSG and Lorven's agent is talking to Milan.. Hmm this time transfer news for all top club like very quiet n slow
He will go PSG wan la.
The money is there. Go there relax relax win Ligue 1, get kicked out of group stage or qtr finals of UCL every year.
Easy life while earning big bucks
By 30yrs old, 'retire' to China with even a bigger paycheck.
By 35yrs old, set for life already

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If lovren leaves and de ligt comes in,

I jitao book flight to liverpool for last game next season.

Lol

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If lovren leaves and de ligt comes in,

I jitao book flight to liverpool for last game next season.

Lol

Lovren go means we sure have another ** in coming. But de ligt abit difficult cos of salary demand too high

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manure fans are of course bitter over Klopp joining Liverpool instead of Manure. He didn't believe in the fairy tales which Ed Woodward told him. He prefer the fans, board and history of Liverpool instead.

Some ManUre fans still sour Klopp went Liverpool and also kpkb in front me during my weekly football sessoon. I pften them these fellas, unless ManUre sings You'll Never Walk Alone, Klopp wont go ManUre. And Klopp doesnt like his big big boss interfere the daily runnings of the team either!

1xtreme

Reaction score
Lovren go means we sure have another ** in coming. But de ligt abit difficult cos of salary demand too high

I thought we were also linked to this Napoli ** Koulibably b4. Now suddenly tide down already.....

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
April

Saturday 4 – Manchester City (A)
Saturday 11 – Aston Villa (H)
Saturday 18 – Brighton and Hove Albion (A)
Saturday 25 – Burnley (H)

May

Saturday 2 – Arsenal (A)
Saturday 9 – Chelsea (H)
Sunday 17 – Newcastle United (A)

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fixture looks good before taking account of CL and other tournaments. Oct, Jan and May only see back-to-back top 4 contender and we finish it off away to new oil $?

Dec no big game for us but will be a slug match against those team.

October
Saturday 5 – Leicester City (H)
Saturday 19 – Manchester United (A)
Saturday 26 –Tottenham Hotspur (H)

January
Wednesday 1 – Sheffield United (H)
Saturday 11 – Tottenham Hotspur (A)
Saturday 18 – Manchester United (H)
Tuesday 21 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (A)

May
Saturday 2 – Arsenal (A)
Saturday 9 – Chelsea (H)
Sunday 17 – Newcastle United (A)

December
Wednesday 4 – Everton (H)
Saturday 7 – Bournemouth (A)
Saturday 14 – Watford (H)
Saturday 21 – West Ham United (A)
Thursday 26 – Leicester City (A)
Saturday 28 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)

pclow59

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures, happy to meet Arsenal & Chelsea early cos they are still going through rebuilding.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Games in may are tough... utd and tottenham games are together

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.