M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fellows, for new sign-ups M1 says there will be 2 physical appointment for which the first appointment is for NLT to activate my Termination Point, even if I have previously subscribed to another ISP’s fiber plan.

Just curious: as I’m exiting an ISP, definitely I’ve an activated termination point. Why will NLT still need to activate my port? For that matter why can’t they activate from their end? Why need to physically come down?

Have you terminated your current ISP?

Did you opt for activation of TP Port 2 for your new ISP?

giraffey

Reaction score
Hi fellows, for new sign-ups M1 says there will be 2 physical appointment for which the first appointment is for NLT to activate my Termination Point, even if I have previously subscribed to another ISP’s fiber plan.

Just curious: as I’m exiting an ISP, definitely I’ve an activated termination point. Why will NLT still need to activate my port? For that matter why can’t they activate from their end? Why need to physically come down?

the fibre point has 2 ports. the 1st appointment is normally not physical as it is done on NLT end. You may want ro clarify again.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There are 2 ports and if both ports has already been activated earlier then it will be from backend.

quiliner

Reaction score
For my case, I was given 2 dates by M1 when I signed up.

The first date was the date M1 will activate the TP ports. There is a system which indicates if you have the 2nd port ready or not. If the 2nd port is not ready, you will be given a date NetLink Trust will come and set up your port. ...

Regarding the TP being used by other Telco/ISP, as long as you have terminated the contract, the Telco/ISP will release the port within 6 months from termination.

So it’s a gamble that the ISP that I’ll be leaving, will release fibre port #1 in time for my incoming ISP to use? I mean, unless I’m willing to wait >6mths for the exiting ISP to stop occupying the port? Can’t the second ISP just take over the exiting ISP’s port #1?

Btw, when you sign up & M1 gave you the NLT date, do they tell you the timeslot of that day that NLT is visiting, or have to wait at home the entire day?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it’s a gamble that the ISP that I’ll be leaving, will release fibre port #1 in time for my incoming ISP to use? I mean, unless I’m willing to wait >6mths for the exiting ISP to stop occupying the port? Can’t the second ISP just take over the exiting ISP’s port #1?

Btw, when you sign up & M1 gave you the NLT date, do they tell you the timeslot of that day that NLT is visiting, or have to wait at home the entire day?

No time given.

mengster73

Reaction score
i am staying at redhill. the internet is ok. just that it is lagging every few hours.

Me staying at telok blangah area....was playing mobile legend online using wifi which is just next to me around 9pm - 12midnight. Intermittent lag...after 12am then is ok.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me staying at telok blangah area....was playing mobile legend online using wifi which is just next to me around 9pm - 12midnight. Intermittent lag...after 12am then is ok.
May be for some reason the router got into some issue then resolved by itself. Quite common for wifi. Always good to use a cat.6 Lan cable connection if possible. Do not think it is isp fault.

Last edited:

t2r3st

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 1Gbps Home Fibre internet speed seems rather bad ya.

EPFn.png

blue00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to recontract,

should stay 1gbps or downgrade 500 mbps ?

i just surf net causally for youtube n kids homework, for 5 people.

can someone suggest?

thk u

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.