Regular Savings Plans -

power_range

Master Member
Reaction score
What do you all think of those regular saving plans, offered by ocbc, dbs and I think philipcapital?

Anyone investing in this plan? Can share a bit more?

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All trash. Invest first your time in reading and getting yourself a basic financial education. Stay away from anything with the word “trading” in it. then invest yourself according to your own timeframe, goals and capital.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All trash. Invest first your time in reading and getting yourself a basic financial education. Stay away from anything with the word “trading” in it. then invest yourself according to your own timeframe, goals and capital.

So buying STI ETF through POSB Invest Saver, OCBC Blue Chip Investment Plan and POEMS Share Builder Plan are trash...?Really interested to see your stock picking recommendations...

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you all think of those regular saving plans, offered by ocbc, dbs and I think philipcapital?

Anyone investing in this plan? Can share a bit more?

POSB Invest Saver
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/posb-invest-saver-4309151-222.html

OCBC BCIP
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...hip-investment-plan-bcip-ocbc-4271264-30.html

Don't think there is a dedicated thread on POEMS SBP.. The fees alone is too high for POEMS... Depending on the amount invested it might be cheaper to buy using POSB or OCBC rather than buying it yourself...

power_range

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think they did mention the fees are lower and there is dollar averaging thing ... so the risk is being better managed...

But it seems like not many people are buying?

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think they did mention the fees are lower and there is dollar averaging thing ... so the risk is being better managed...

But it seems like not many people are buying?

Quite a number of people I know personally are buying it...Just that they do not post actively here...

power_range

Master Member
Reaction score
Quite a number of people I know personally are buying it...Just that they do not post actively here...

Any idea if they are happy with their plans?
They recommended ETFs, as a starting point.
Maybe that one is safest, that’s why.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea if they are happy with their plans?
They recommended ETFs, as a starting point.
Maybe that one is safest, that’s why.

So far so good...Nobody really complain about it...I must say it is a good starting point for you to get your feet wet in investing...

talkonly

Reaction score
I also started with STI ETF with POSB. I think not too bad as it forces you to set aside money for basic investment to ride on STI growth. Better than insurance savings plan in my opinion.

blue_denim24

Reaction score
I am investing 1k per month through posb is . Satisfied customer although I would have loved to receive paylah cashback which for some unknown reason I don't receive anymore .

With this automated investment plan, I have now come to really appreciate power of automated investments. No more tracking , no more decision making every month. With ibkr iwda I always feel while investing should I wait till next week, should I wait for Trump to tweet sth . In the long run, this has resulted in me investing less than my capacity, lesser returns, and also the increased associated stress of decision making .

So I see 8.2 dollars pm as the fee to be free from all above problems.

prudent76

Reaction score

Do share how you came to the conclusion that that DCA is trash.

Prof. Utonium

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am investing 1k per month through posb is . Satisfied customer although I would have loved to receive paylah cashback which for some unknown reason I don't receive anymore .

With this automated investment plan, I have now come to really appreciate power of automated investments. No more tracking , no more decision making every month. With ibkr iwda I always feel while investing should I wait till next week, should I wait for Trump to tweet sth . In the long run, this has resulted in me investing less than my capacity, lesser returns, and also the increased associated stress of decision making .

So I see 8.2 dollars pm as the fee to be free from all above problems.

Should cut out those noise if you are aiming for long term.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh dear my bad.. i misread.. i tot ts was talking abt those rubbish insurance plus investment thingys.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.