Sony Android TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Does Sony TV have poor QC?

I purchase a 65" Z9D last year and after 6 months, there is dead pixel on the display, call the sony, technicians came down to assess the issue and after waiting for almost 2 months, they return and replace the LED panel.

Next day when opening youtube, notice there is different color tone on the tv on the grey loading screen.

Email Sony and request for help, the technicians say is backlight issue, cannot repair, repair also same problem.

Isnt the backlight technology one of the selling point on Z9D?

My 5 year old LG doesn't have any issue.

Like i've mentioned. Sony QC quite jialat.
I actually posted about my new TV bought few weeks ago, the edges of the tv like got bright lines on the edges, though i know the model i purchased was edge led lcd. Dunno if my eyes are playing tricks on me anot. :s22:

AppleMint

Reaction score
I got the 75kdx9000f from Jonathan at causeway point as well.
Good services and the price is good too.
TV delivered and I am loving it. No regrets getting from him.

I got it at 5.4k and free soundbar.
Do check the price with him or pm me for his number.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony Singapore replied is like telling us nothing. 说等于白说 ,废话。

"Thank you for your patience! The Bravia Oreo update is currently being rolled out globally in phases. However, the update date for Singapore has yet to be determined.

We hope this helps, have a great day!”

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

krazkat

Reaction score

"Thank you for your patience! The Bravia Oreo update is currently being rolled out globally in phases. However, the update date for Singapore has yet to be determined.

Well this is disappointing...

sHaDy69

Master Member
Reaction score
Update on my issue.

1st issue, a row of dead pixel at the top. - Technician came and replace panel after 2 months

2nd issue, different color tones when viewing a uniform color image. - Technician came and replace panel after 2 weeks.

Now, 1 day after they replace the panel, dead pixel on 1/3 of the display :mad:
ZwwGSNd

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Then how you want them to reply you?

They dun have a date, whatever they tell you, you will think it’s 废话 anyway. :D

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update on my issue.

1st issue, a row of dead pixel at the top. - Technician came and replace panel after 2 months

2nd issue, different color tones when viewing a uniform color image. - Technician came and replace panel after 2 weeks.

ZwwGSNd.jpg

My x85d got 2 lines of flickering pixel after 2 years of use. Contacted them and they check and confirm is panel issue and no longer have the parts to change and so they replace my whole set with x85f and extended the warranty by another 2 years.

sHaDy69

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just to check if the first panel has uniformity issue (patches of different colour tone), after changing the panel, if the patches of different colour will appear on the same location, does it mean a batch of faulty panels?

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony SG update the status, Oreo update has been postponed

PplYkAsl.jpg

doran_lum

Reaction score
Update on my issue.

ZwwGSNd
How is your z9d now ? Does it still have issue ?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3010 using GAGT

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to replace my Panasonic plasma TV... Any model to recommend like 40"? And the warranty is 2yrs on site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.