Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a Myvi 1.3M, just bought a few months ago, and thinking to do some stuff:

1. Engine due for servicing, need to change sparks as well. Got my owl oil and filter.

2. Radiator flushing, the tank how many time empty and refill, still rusty and brown. Where can get a workshop that just run water in the piping and engine block, flushing it until clean?

3. My OBD port not working, need diagnose. Engine light on/off.

3. Clutch is making noise.

4. Handbrake not power, sometimes roll back if park at very hilly place.

5. Subwoofer (installed by previous owner) suddey becomes weak.

6. Alignment. The last time I went there, after align my steering senget already.

Do recommend me some place for good service and reasonable pricing. Thank you.

Welcome another myvi owner... Enjoy the ride....
Almost all JB workshops can deal with your ride. Just avoid those workshops near ksl.
I send my myvi to Permas Jaya:s13:

putrasocool

Reaction score
You own a Myvi as well? Perhaps we can share some contacts on where to go... I tried going to Ros Merah, the Perodua SC, but its just a troublesome way going to agent... And a lot of parts they don't have, required to order first and come back later...

Welcome another myvi owner... Enjoy the ride....
Almost all JB workshops can deal with your ride. Just avoid those workshops near ksl.
I send my myvi to Permas Jaya:s13:

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any workshop that true a untrue rim? I found my rims not true...

frankiefearless

Reaction score
Thanks so much.

I’m looking at one now fully stock, wna send for STA inspection but dealer not so welcoming of the idea scared later wear and tear issues arise then I expect them to do.

I test drove the car in their carpark and all was ok, steering ok suspension ok. Only thing is engine when on the aircon at the start got some funny rattling sound which he said there was a metal stuck or sth and it’s settled.

He suggested me to take the car for a spin or get a trusted Mechanic to see the car before purchasing. Depre 5k.

Is it advisable for me to proceed still and if so, any trusted Mechanic you guys know of who can provide this service?

PS. I found the seat abit Too high for me even though I lowered to the max, should I change a new set of seats or anyway I can lower it further?

Thanks alot in advance guys.

Factors to consider
- individual preferences. I prefer stock and rather save the money on wear & tear
- inspection
- complications like compromising FC, comfort etc.

Not talking abt ralliart turbo and the rare MR, I think the dep for normal cs3 (renewed) should range from 5k to 6.5k depending on condition ba. Of course Sports version looks nicer.

Sent from LGE LM-V405 using GAGT

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a CS3 sports. Fully stock. Have pmed you my number to discuss if you want to take over.

Thanks so much.

I’m looking at one now fully stock, wna send for STA inspection but dealer not so welcoming of the idea scared later wear and tear issues arise then I expect them to do.

I test drove the car in their carpark and all was ok, steering ok suspension ok. Only thing is engine when on the aircon at the start got some funny rattling sound which he said there was a metal stuck or sth and it’s settled.

He suggested me to take the car for a spin or get a trusted Mechanic to see the car before purchasing. Depre 5k.

Is it advisable for me to proceed still and if so, any trusted Mechanic you guys know of who can provide this service?

PS. I found the seat abit Too high for me even though I lowered to the max, should I change a new set of seats or anyway I can lower it further?

funky05

Reaction score
I have a Myvi 1.3M, just bought a few months ago, and thinking to do some stuff:

1. Engine due for servicing, need to change sparks as well. Got my owl oil and filter.

2. Radiator flushing, the tank how many time empty and refill, still rusty and brown. Where can get a workshop that just run water in the piping and engine block, flushing it until clean?

3. My OBD port not working, need diagnose. Engine light on/off.

3. Clutch is making noise.

4. Handbrake not power, sometimes roll back if park at very hilly place.

5. Subwoofer (installed by previous owner) suddey becomes weak.

6. Alignment. The last time I went there, after align my steering senget already.

Do recommend me some place for good service and reasonable pricing. Thank you.

Bro.. didn't u sell your proton and bought another car? Now u driving myvi?

lurker88

Reaction score
Thanks so much.

No prob. I would prefer my mech than STA. Before I bought my cs3, brought to CH motor at ubi (Joseph) for checks. Note that his ws is not cheapest and be very packed but I trusted him. Everything ok but needed to change mountings and suspension could last for a year. Not all dealers would allow this arrangement.

Of course you can change the seats like BRIDE etc. Settle the wear and tear first before making the next move.

frankiefearless

Reaction score
How much did your mech charge you for the checking service?

And also, Hwz don’t have notification saying someone replied to me?

No prob. I would prefer my mech than STA. Before I bought my cs3, brought to CH motor at ubi (Joseph) for checks. Note that his ws is not cheapest and be very packed but I trusted him. Everything ok but needed to change mountings and suspension could last for a year. Not all dealers would allow this arrangement.

Of course you can change the seats like BRIDE etc. Settle the wear and tear first before making the next move.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a CS3 sports. Fully stock. Have pmed you my number to discuss if you want to take over.

Wa liquid bro letting go? Renewed or due for renewal? I'm looking to find something to renew for 10 years.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Myvi engine is Toyota 1 right

Yes.

You own a Myvi as well? Perhaps we can share some contacts on where to go... I tried going to Ros Merah, the Perodua SC, but its just a troublesome way going to agent... And a lot of parts they don't have, required to order first and come back later...

Yes. Before was driving kelisa. Now renewed myvi for another 10years. Fully sound-proofed.

I go to this workshop since my first car..

LTEN PRO
23, Jalan Permas 9/9 Bandar Permas Jaya. 81750 Masai, Johor.
Contact Ah Chen @ +60127942588

This shop is 5mins walk away from Aeon. Usually, i call Ah Chen before i head there. Just to make sure a slot for servicing.
Again, please dun expect very very very clean workshop like those in sg. lolz

I buy EO filters (SGD$3.00/pc. Original Perodua packaging), coolants (In Toyota packaging), a/c filters (No brand) at: Then proceed to LTEN PRO. Cos very near each other. Famous wanton noodles also near this spare parts shop.

Chong Huat Auto Parts Trading
No. 36 & 38, Jalan Bakawali 38, Johor Jaya, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor.

LTEN PRO do not do wheel alignments/ tires. But can ask them to rotate for you.

Last edited:

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Yes.

Yes. Before was driving kelisa. Now renewed myvi for another 10years. Fully sound-proofed.

LTEN PRO

This shop is 5mins walk away from Aeon. Usually, i call Ah Chen before i head there. Just to make sure a slot for servicing.

I buy EO filters (SGD$3.00/pc. Original Perodua packaging), coolants (In Toyota packaging), a/c filters (No brand) at: Then proceed to LTEN PRO. Cos very near each other. Famous wanton noodles also near this spare parts shop.

Labour how much for change EO?

Bring own EO, oil filter.

Thanks.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Labour how much for change EO?

Bring own EO, oil filter.

Thanks.

RM30 or RM35.... Can't rem which one.:s13::s13:

He carries Lucas oil too. If you are into Lucas oil. Cheaper than i get from carousel... 4L pack.
Myvi is not more than 4L.

BTW, prepare to wait as he and another assistance only.
Normal EO and filter change should be done less than 30mins if not busy. Then he will do test drive and do all the usual checks before hand over. Estimated up to 60mins in total.
His style is those critical parts/ safety parts and oil leakage, will text (with photo) you if you are not at workshop whether want to do/ repair or not.

Usually, i pass him the hand carry stuffs to him and head to Aeon... There are 3 tune shops nearby and the noise is too loud for me.... hahaha

Last edited:

SuperSprint

Reaction score
RM30 or RM35.... Can't rem which one.:s13::s13:

He carries Lucas oil too. If you are into Lucas oil. Cheaper than i get from carousel... 4L pack.
Myvi is not more than 4L.

BTW, prepare to wait as he and another assistance only.
Normal EO and filter change should be done less than 30mins if not busy. Then he will do test drive and do all the usual checks before hand over. Estimated up to 60mins in total.
His style is those critical parts/ safety parts and oil leakage, will text (with photo) you if you are not at workshop whether want to do/ repair or not.

Usually, i pass him the hand carry stuffs to him and head to Aeon... There are 3 tune shops nearby and the noise is too loud for me.... hahaha

Thanks bro. Will try soon as change EO soon.
Lucas thier real one?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. Will try soon as change EO soon.
Lucas thier real one?

Authenticity mah? When you at the workshop, you call the contact importing company stated in the poster.

If scare, then buy from sg...
Actually, even sg company tell is real stuffs, user like us can't tell too, only we believed that here have more strict on checks and we are assured, thats all.:s13:

putrasocool

Reaction score
Thank you so much... Will be heading there tomorrow

Yes.

LTEN PRO

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.