M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
need to recontract,

should stay 1gbps or downgrade 500 mbps ?

i just surf net causally for youtube n kids homework, for 5 people.

can someone suggest?

thk u

it depends on your usage. if there are many people surfing youtube etc, use 1gbps. if your usage is very low surfing internet, no point getting 1gbps.

giraffey

Reaction score
need to recontract,

can someone suggest?

thk u

500mbps will actually be fine even for 5 people concurrently doing 4k video streaming.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to recontract,

can someone suggest?

thk u

500 for a start
not enough just upgrade

upgrade easy downgrade got penalty as u paying more

jasonsouza77

Reaction score
iFyVEuMl.jpg

I just recontracted m1 $29 fibre online and at the end of the summary page, the contract shows additional gprs sunsurf $5 per month and there is no way to remove it. I call 1627 they seems no idea what it is as they cant see my contract at their end. Anybody knows what is it?
I also got the same $5 charge for sunsurf when I just recontracted less than an hour ago. called 1627 and they mentioned that its waived if you are in the contract (new/recontract) promotion. I was also quite stunned when I saw the order screen. but M1 CSR said there is no charge. how far this is true ill only know when I have received the bill and im actually charged for it. will only know in the near future. anyone has had similar experience please?

Last edited:

jasonsouza77

Reaction score
also just to add, the recontract is not instant right? its been about an hour and when I click on my service lines it still shows the old contract expiry date and the recontract button is there. thanks

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also just to add, the recontract is not instant right? its been about an hour and when I click on my service lines it still shows the old contract expiry date and the recontract button is there. thanks

Restart ONT and router to see how it is?

jasonsouza77

Reaction score
Restart ONT and router to see how it is?

hi henry I mean when I go to my account screen after logging in with my m1 id. it still shows the old contract and asking me to recontract when I already have. you mean if I were to restart my modem and router it will actually solve this? sorry for the noob response

jasonsouza77

Reaction score
iFyVEuMl.jpg

I just recontracted m1 $29 fibre online and at the end of the summary page, the contract shows additional gprs sunsurf $5 per month and there is no way to remove it. I call 1627 they seems no idea what it is as they cant see my contract at their end. Anybody knows what is it?
just spoke to a CSR from m1 eshop cust svc. she mentioned there is definitely no charge. she also stated its a system fault and to ignore the $5 charge displayed. hope this helps :)

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are 2 ports and if both ports has already been activated earlier then it will be from backend.

Just wondering:
after I terminate ViewQwest, ViewQwest will release my port #1 right? In this case, will my port #1 remain activated and ready for M1 to "use", i.e. I can save the $58.85 since I literally don't need to involve NLT at all...

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering:
after I terminate ViewQwest, ViewQwest will release my port #1 right? In this case, will my port #1 remain activated and ready for M1 to "use", i.e. I can save the $58.85 since I literally don't need to involve NLT at all...

You will face a downtime for an unknown period before your M1 Internet connection is up.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You will face a downtime for an unknown period before your M1 Internet connection is up.

I'm fine with that...I just wonder after ViewQwest release port #1, will NLT de-activate my port #1 because no ISP is using it...

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering:

Like that your old digital line number will be dead. Because you terminate the number with your ViewQwest fibre boardband.

giraffey

Reaction score
Just wondering:

NLT will still need to perform activities. 1) unlink port 1 to VQ
2) link port 1 to M1

The other challenge is normally the existing port 1 is not unlink immediately upon termination. It takes some time.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering:

It will take awhile for NLT to release the port 1 after your terminal VQ. Sometimes very hard to save on that $58.85.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
My fiber is due for recontract. The promotion is either $50 off mobile phone or a free wireless router + free Google home mini, free Home voice and free 4g mobile broadband.

Is the router ac1200? If yes then I already have this the first time I sign up. Anyone know if we can change the perks to sunperks points?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.