If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
This is mine after less than two years too.
ghsEUZF

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ghsEUZF

Took care of it by using cloth to cover and wiping it every now and then. But still.

sorry for your loss. i cannot open the link.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seem like my 99 dollar look alike gaming chair worth every penny... Haha.. More den 2 years and not a single peeling
Same. Mine almost 2 years still no peeling(maybe because I have an additional cushion on it?). Been trying to find an excuse to upgrade to the softweave :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

X

Reaction score
Anyone who wants to get a secretlab chair i suggest you think twice (perhaps even thrice) Based on the so many negative feedback they have gotten for their previous products, softweave might be another fail product. The only way to find out is wait close to 2 years for reviews to come in.

I would recommend you guys give this local boys a try instead

https://www.royale.sg/

They have partnered up with car upholstery company to provide upholstery for their chairs. Kinda trust them cos pu/leather chairs in cars go thru worse wear and tear than those gaming chairs.

They also provide re-upholstery for your secretlab chairs, a service which is NOT provided by secretlab. You can find them on carousell under these links

http://carousell.com/sin.koonleng
http://carousell.com/battleboxx

So far reviews all top notch!

zhihao57

Reaction score
Anyone who wants to get a secretlab chair i suggest you think twice (perhaps even thrice) Based on the so many negative feedback they have gotten for their previous products, softweave might be another fail product. The only way to find out is wait close to 2 years for reviews to come in.

I would recommend you guys give this local boys a try instead

https://www.royale.sg/

They have partnered up with car upholstery company to provide upholstery for their chairs. Kinda trust them cos pu/leather chairs in cars go thru worse wear and tear than those gaming chairs.

They also provide re-upholstery for your secretlab chairs, a service which is NOT provided by secretlab. You can find them on carousell under these links

http://carousell.com/sin.koonleng
http://carousell.com/battleboxx

So far reviews all top notch!

So far my softweave is doing well! Got it around Jan 2019.

So 5months in, still good 👍. Very satisfied. 😄

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
So far my softweave is doing well! Got it around Jan 2019.

So 5months in, still good ��. Very satisfied. ��

u need to use the chair for 2 years to see if there is any peeling. 5 months is too short.

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
Seems i will have to get the soft weave version to be safe.

so far only a person here stated he used the chair for 5 months and there is no peeling. he needs to use the chair for 2 years to see if there is any peeling.

kurui_

Reaction score
u need to use the chair for 2 years to see if there is any peeling. 5 months is too short.

Excuse me if i am wrong;

The "softweave" series seats is covered in fabric, not PU leather. Or there are part of the chair that is covered with PU leather?

Tbh, I have never before seen fabric "peel". Fabric have it's own sets of problem/issues, however peeling is probabily not one of it.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the softweave. It's more of a material for clean room usage. If you're gonna be eating and smoking, your chair is gonna smell like KTV. The fabric itself keeps you warm but it's easier for stains and odour to absorb.

zhihao57

Reaction score
I have the softweave. It's more of a material for clean room usage. If you're gonna be eating and smoking, your chair is gonna smell like KTV. The fabric itself keeps you warm but it's easier for stains and odour to absorb.

Sounds about right, when eating on my desk, I'm extremely careful not to spill or stain my chair, its dam dangerous, would totally rather stain my clothes instead of the chair.

Excuse me if i am wrong;

The "softweave" series seats is covered in fabric, not PU leather. Or there are part of the chair that is covered with PU leather?

Tbh, I have never before seen fabric "peel". Fabric have it's own sets of problem/issues, however peeling is probabily not one of it.

no leh, no leather part, there's this suede material on the side, but ya. i also wondering what he meant by "peeling" softweave haha.

Doubt there will be any peeling issue, more of maybe the threads coming loose?

so far only a person here stated he used the chair for 5 months and there is no peeling. he needs to use the chair for 2 years to see if there is any peeling.

Idk how can softweave material degrade la.. but it won't peel cos the material is fabric ma.

Maybe color will get dirtier because of high usage..? then perhaps when sharper object accidentally hook, will cause like the stitch come out or smth.

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
Sounds about right, when eating on my desk, I'm extremely careful not to spill or stain my chair, its dam dangerous, would totally rather stain my clothes instead of the chair.

no leh, no leather part, there's this suede material on the side, but ya. i also wondering what he meant by "peeling" softweave haha.

Doubt there will be any peeling issue, more of maybe the threads coming loose?

Idk how can softweave material degrade la.. but it won't peel cos the material is fabric ma.

Maybe color will get dirtier because of high usage..? then perhaps when sharper object accidentally hook, will cause like the stitch come out or smth.

fabric materials can wear and tear also.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pro Tip: Lay your SAF admin tee and sit on it
soft and nice texture and absorb sweat

Pokerr

Reaction score

I don't eat or drink when im gaming and wifey ban smoking in the house.:s13:

kurui_

Reaction score

There are some products like 3m scotch guard that claim (market) to be able to repel water and stains. Not sure how well it works though.

fabric materials can wear and tear also.

Definately, everything wears and tears... But not as disgustingly as PU leather's peeling & flaking imho.

zhihao57

Reaction score
then no issue liao loh.

Actually taking care of the softweave quite easily la, just keep in mind that it will suck any liquid stuff, so prevent yourself to to spill or pour anything on it can liao

Other then that, nth much. Don't expose to smelly stuff too long loh.

Wear shirt when gaming, cos sweat tend to cause stuff to degrade faster.

Regarding the repel thingy, I feel these things would work, but not for long, meaning need to respray constantly.

Cos ah, imagine siting on it, confirm got friction, then the coat sure kena rub off easily. haha

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Excuse me if i am wrong;

TGM post in all the threads lah. Just ignore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.