New EC at Sumang Walk

bojangle

Reaction score
Can see that this thread gonna be a bashing thread again....
no no..just sharing my experience, in case there's upgraders here, must take note. Cos many rules/ conditions not explain clearly by the reps, especially the one that i was served.

Clazav

Reaction score
The dispose of hdb is an afterthought most of the time. They hoot one ec, 3 years later then sell. By then they realised the hdb market is gloomy. But then you never know whether the hdb market remain gloomy in 3 years time.

Don't forget these EC buyers have to dispose their current HDB flats and the hdb market is so gloomy now... while the new launch condo market is roaring.

Not to mention punggol is probably more than 90% hdb.

Clazav

Reaction score
Regret or not is not for you to decide. You should go and interview them and do a survey. But the truth is, even if they regret they also wouldn't tell you. Got to打肿脸皮充胖子 la

Some first timers get too excited to stay in condo.

Others die die want to stay in penthouse.

End up regretting squeezing in pigeonhole with small living and bedrooms, and realise the inconvenience of staying with too many people (siblings/parents).:o

Clazav

Reaction score
By your reasoning, how come so many condo launching more exp than compass height?

Maturity of a new town is not important. Potential is. Ask yourself why people buy affinity over Florence (why wait 10 yrs when you two stations, 'supposedly' nearby?)

Watertown is the flagship development of punggol and resale prices are now aro $1,300psf after pricing in the crazy developer bids and resulting absurd new launch prices. No other developments in punggol can possibly be better than watertown so it should be considered the upper bound.

By the time punggol is mature, the other towns will be super-mature. Anyway, nothing to do with "maturity", it is the location. Punggol, like Woodlands and Jurong West will always be the cheapest towns on the island because of their location on the outskirts...

You should advise your clients to invest in Tengah then.. :)

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
So where is the cheapest town now?

Bukit Batok, Sembawang, Yishun, Jurong west, SEngkang.
Look at the above 10-15 years ago till now, is there any major rejuvenation?

Agree Punggol has its potential due to upcoming rejuvenation plans.
Hate to say this but woodland probably would be next based on 2019 masterplan. (Never a fan of woodland though but just stating facts)
Recent one outlier case transact at 910k for 5 room HDB at Punggol. Do we see any outlier cases happen in Sembawang, Bukit Batok or Yishun before?

Last edited:

fotoudavid

Reaction score
no no..just sharing my experience, in case there's upgraders here, must take note. Cos many rules/ conditions not explain clearly by the reps, especially the one that i was served.

Not referring to you 😂 I OK with kind and fair judgement and reasoning. I also upgraded, luckily I can sell good price for my hdb.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yay to Woodlands!

Still awaiting the white plot of land near Woodlands central under reserved GLS Q2 2019 to be out...

Bukit Batok, Sembawang, Yishun, Jurong west, SEngkang.
Look at the above 10-15 years ago till now, is there any major rejuvenation?

Agree Punggol has its potential due to upcoming rejuvenation plans.
Hate to say this but woodland probably would be next based on 2019 masterplan. (Never a fan of woodland though but just stating facts)
Recent one outlier case transact at 910k for 5 room HDB at Punggol. Do we see any outlier cases happen in Sembawang, Bukit Batok or Yishun before?

Last edited:

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
well, not that I experienced. At that time, Maybank and OCBC only can loan up to 70% (80% max) even our income have no problem. However, when submit PC for evaluate, i can get 80%. God blessed that it is not approved, otherwise would hv wasted the 50k.

nowadays for resale HDB to sell within 6mths short period is not easy if your flat is old and not sought after type.

also, if your flat is serving loan, u will need to pay both if EC is not under defer scheme. Not forgetting if flat unsold and u dun hv enough fund to disburse to developer, u can't get the keys of EC, is it?

now the ruling have changed.. no longer 80% max loan..now is only 75% max loan..

agreed that sometimes it takes longer than 6mths to dispose off your HDB depending on your location and age.. having said tat, do you think by holding on to your HDB for longer time will do you any good ? not to mention the CPF accrued interest that are still compounding...

yes, if you choose the Normal Progressive Payment, you have to service both sides installment.. even though you are unable to dispose off your HDB, there are still ways to go about the funds and collecting your keys..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
For EC and PC loan, PC I can get much higher... EC I can't that's why I paid more in cash.

yes, the calculation for PC and EC is different as EC are based on your Mortage Servicing Ratio of 30%.. hence the amount tat you can loan for EC is lower compared to PC. in my opinion, this is good for those 'sandwich class' as without this MSR, more people can afford to buy EC and this will push the EC prices higher.. with the MSR, developer needs to price their product correctly..otherwise,canot sell.. :s22::s22:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Where you live in lo, so cheap and good and making every new launch buyers regretful

Hahaha! Mine is not cheap but is value for money.

I can’t be bothered about today’s new launch buyers anymore. The price they are paying are at least 5 years into the future. You can expect new launch pricing to remain flattish for the next 5+ years.

There has to be losers for there to be winners. My friends in property development will be thankful for all your support and I will be thankful for you all supporting my CDL and Keppel share price and dividend. Thank you new launch buyers and potential sumang ec buyers. Just continue with your plans. :) Please also take a look at the garden residences if you can and pay $1,700 so I can get bonus dividend. Thank you!

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
yes, the calculation for PC and EC is different as EC are based on your Mortage Servicing Ratio of 30%.. hence the amount tat you can loan for EC is lower compared to PC. in my opinion, this is good for those 'sandwich class' as without this MSR, more people can afford to buy EC and this will push the EC prices higher.. with the MSR, developer needs to price their product correctly..otherwise,canot sell.. :s22::s22:

839sqft of course they can still afford. If it is normal sized 3 bedder of minimum 1044sqft, do you think they can still comfortably afford it?

Clazav

Reaction score
Woodlands property scene has being quiet for sometime. The most recent is northwave ec. Ppl are waiting for new launch in woodlands, but as usual, government will only sell lands when they announce more plans for woodlands.

Yay to Woodlands!

Still awaiting the white plot of land near Woodlands central under reserved GLS Q2 2019 to be out...

Clazav

Reaction score
I think sumang ec should be selling well if is is 1000-1100psf. Its demand comes from the vast hdb upgraders in sk and pg, and also the recent gloomy hdb sentiment is what driving ppl to jump off the hdb sampan. Pc is too risky, ec is a nice balance.

839sqft of course they can still afford. If it is normal sized 3 bedder of minimum 1044sqft, do you think they can still comfortably afford it?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Woodlands property scene has being quiet for sometime. The most recent is northwave ec. Ppl are waiting for new launch in woodlands, but as usual, government will only sell lands when they announce more plans for woodlands.

Yap woodland at current is in quiet scene.
It may also be a good thing for those looking for hidden gem.
If a district has reached its full rejuvenation/potential, I guess there’s not much juice left.
Not all districts are created equal.
JLD is a classic example. 10-15 years ago, who believe staying in jurong? But look at j gateway’s recent rental contracts, can hit up to 57 rental contracts in just one month in April.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Yap woodland at current is in quiet scene.
It may also be a good thing for those looking for hidden gem.
If a district has reached its full rejuvenation/potential, I guess there’s not much juice left.
Not all districts are created equal.
JLD is a classic example. 10-15 years ago, who believe staying in jurong? But look at j gateway’s recent rental contracts, can hit up to 57 rental contracts in just one month in April.

Still, property prices is more or less based on distance to the city. Even if jurong west transform into a very attractive super modern and smart town, i don't think it can beat jurong east price. Similarly, woodlands is never going to beat upper thomson prices.

Clementi is probably more ex than jurong east. Buona is more ex than clementi and so on.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I think sumang ec should be selling well if is is 1000-1100psf. Its demand comes from the vast hdb upgraders in sk and pg, and also the recent gloomy hdb sentiment is what driving ppl to jump off the hdb sampan. Pc is too risky, ec is a nice balance.

Definitely sell well at that price with tremendously scaled down unit sizes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.