Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostmoment

Reaction score
Anyone experienced receiving letter of demand from licensed money lender.What would happen next, and how much time one has before the lender takes next course of action.Thanks
hi, pls try to call them as soon as possible and ask them for slowly pay a bit by a bit like I done before.

If you still not call them I really don't know when they will take new actions that you ask (but I believe they will keep going to your place first depending on amount you didn't paid).

For my cases at first I didn't pay 5 money lander total amount more than $5000 but now I slowly pay them untill finish.
They go to my place every week but nobody home so I just received demand letter in letter box. But I call them after receiving 3rd times then I call them, but before I give them a call I transfer some money to them too to make it more easy to talk.

Some is easy and give me time to slowly pay, but some also not easy to talk but I have to take it because I really want to pay and just try to pay as much as I can.

That will be my experience for money lander.

If anybody has experience pls advice too.

Last edited:

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro. I can sense you fear them .
I can also sense the scammers know you fear them.
Is this your one and only loan issue? If so , brave up !

Dont complicate yourself by loaning from one to pay another.

They will give verbal threats. So far I have heard of no victims visited by them . Yours is not ah long case , you just kena scammed by these muther fruckers.

Also , read up the pages to get an insight to understand whats happening here.

I already report to police liao.now my worry is will they come my house

Messup

Reaction score
I think your question had been answered many times here.

Nobody here can tell you if they will or will not go up to your place. But one thing those that had gone through will tell you is that if you carry on paying, there will be no end.

So, block and don’t answer their calls and msg. Don’t even read them when you are so panicky.

Just disappear from them and slowly, they will move on to the next victim.

Last edited:

Stupidofme

Reaction score
I think your question had been answered many times here.

Nobody here can tell you if they will or will not go up to your place. But one thing those that had gone through will tell you is that if you carry on paying, there will be no end.

So, block and don’t answer their calls and msg. Don’t even read them when you are so panicky.

Just disappear from them and slowly, they will move on to the next victim.

Ok thank u so much

Fear Less

Reaction score
Please listen to our bro messup. He may be messed up but he and all of us here are willing to help you.

Thats why I am telling you have nothing to fear. They will disturb your nok and workplace by phone calls. This, you have to be prepared .

Bro
I nv take any money from them in fact is they tranfer $600 to me then i tranfer $1200 to them so i nv own them any money

Reaction score
I just pay them two days ago and i have make a police report already.i dont know when they will text mi again.this issue my family cannot know know already i think they will ask mi jump down one

Listen very carefully, what you are dealing with are professional scammers that use fear tactics, harassment to get you to pay.

These are scammers, they are not like everyday singaporean, normal people who honor their word, they are downright evil liars.

Once you pay, you are deemed as "extortable" and they will keep coming after you. DO NOT PAY!

Tell your family you have been scammed, ask them to understand the situation. If they don't understand, ask them to go watch crime watch.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Ironman34

Reaction score
Tks everyone let pray hard they faster kanna caught

Hello, I am new here and has read most of the 600 over pages of this thread in regard of Loan sharks. It seems that plenty of ppl that has gone thru the pages are not sure what is the difference of actual loans via AhLong, phone loans via loan shark and scam loan via social media by phone,sms,what’s app and Facebook. Allow me to explain only on matters that I mentioned and that is all illegal loans not licensed with the authorities.

1) ahlong is old school that you will meet face to face while handling $. Not many of them around now.

2)Loan shark is English name and is slightly advanced as they used banking as their resources and they have your details via IC/Passport/Next of Kin details or even work permits. These are also connected to the scammers as they are all in same circle. The difference is only if you happen to have dealings with their group leader/senior member, and your payment to them is good and regular, they may show sympathy and not allowed harassment to happen to you, but not the junior member as they love to show off and that’s where the harassment begins.
As these illegal loans need $ to revolve, the resources that is needed for debtor turns runner or harasser to work depends on the amount of $ that is considered losses to these loan organization in which a debtor incurred.
To the loan shark, they provide a outlet for you to borrow $ as those that borrow must have exhaust all avenues to search for $ and finally turn to them for help and yes they offered and the debtors agreed to their terms and conditions so must abide.
Presently many of these loan shark has shifted their operation elsewhere to neighboring countries since 2012. Not many left in SG, but their marks/scars with their methods of operations remains with junior members that is still in SG and with upgraded methods that has generated item number (3).

3) Scammer Loan shark is considered latest breed and in existence since 2013. Some of them is based in neighboring countries but some remains in SG. These are the type of junior loan shark with education and also with plenty of ideas to help their organization to earn more $ as they will have bonus each year depending on how much they could generate from either loans or scammed loans. Their forced loans is a gamble like giving you $300 and will wait for you to pay 3-4 times the amount. They are cyber warriors and some victims are stupid enough to pay until these scammers becoming rich and to these scammer even try cheating their own organization of $, partial reason that some cases of victims not being able to get an account number from the loan shark. Some are genuinely collecting $ on behalf of those senior members or leaders of their group. INSTILLING FEAR is their strategy and HARASSMENT is their only weapon. They feed on the fact that when a debtor needs $ to survive, they considered the debtors as idiots and is blindly being directed to their own grave as everyone knows that borrowing from illegal loans avenue will get the debtor into deeper problems and trouble and yet is still happening till today. These scammers uses latest ideas of advertising with most social platforms and based on old records from loan shark of mostly those that have departed operating in SG, sms and what’s apps to plenty of phone numbers that is being used in SG now. Yes there is also stolen records from our government agencies and unscrupulous people selling off those data to these loan shark and scammers. That’s is also why advises is always given to change your handphone numbers when a victim is being scammed. If you asked me, I would say not only your number but the phone itself as you will not be able to know if your phone set is compromised, although this is slightly extreme.

Finally, all the above required a main component and that is resource of $$$ which is provided by either the older loan shark turns owner or the original owner that has backed up all $$$ in the 1st place.

I will show another post in due time to show their methods of operation to my knowledge and also some counter measures that could help but that will not be a solution so the best advice that I could give is still to stay away from reading all advertising of loans on all social media. Look for friend and families when in some problems as they are the ones that can really help.

Sg Police is helping but with limitations as some parts of their hands is tied so that is why a debtor could be charged in courts and sentenced as they partake in the illegal moneylending business by depositing cash into unknown accounts and it may escalate into dangerous situation when $$$ is deposited into terrorist organization account. Be very careful as it may happens to anyone. The laws only recognize evidence and not any part of your stories that led to any situation that you are in now.
Cheerio.

Ironman34

Reaction score
hi, pls try to call them as soon as possible and ask them for slowly pay a bit by a bit like I done before.

If you still not call them I really don't know when they will take new actions that you ask (but I believe they will keep going to your place first depending on amount you didn't paid).

For my cases at first I didn't pay 5 money lander total amount more than $5000 but now I slowly pay them untill finish.
They go to my place every week but nobody home so I just received demand letter in letter box. But I call them after receiving 3rd times then I call them, but before I give them a call I transfer some money to them too to make it more easy to talk.

Some is easy and give me time to slowly pay, but some also not easy to talk but I have to take it because I really want to pay and just try to pay as much as I can.

That will be my experience for money lander.

If anybody has experience pls advice too.

Hi, for licensed credit company, only monthly loans is approved and till today in 2019, there is only about 160 companies in operation. If your loans is weekly based it is as good as illegal loans. Credit company can send letter of demand to your address but can only send request letter to your place of work to seek help from your company to contact you as they may not be able to call you. Licence company may also seek garnishing of your pay if the amount is high and thru courts could order for that. The debtors must try to contact these companies to begin for a payment. That’s is the only way out. You signed on the contract you must abide but with sob stories, maybe the creditor May accept to change your loans into bad debts which is quite common recently. Or if you really have difficulties to pay, look for 3rd party solution like Grace, Adullam or Silver lining. They can and will help. That what I know of now.

Fear Less

Reaction score
I can see you are very worried. People come here with all sorts of problems. Some are half told stories.
We are still here with many volunteering to help others and people like you.

So dont panic.

So after this what happen next[/QUOTE]

Messup

Reaction score
Be vigilant. Disable your social medias and stay low profile.

And most importantly, get back your life.

Last edited:

Kikidino

Reaction score
Hi guys,so i made a report and likewise,the police told me to change number and such whicj is what i plan to do however the LS texted me with another number and told me he wil be waiting at my home.i called the police and they told me to be vigioant and they will send a patrol ard my area. WILL they actually come to my house?they only transferred me $200.So any advice? Just tryna be cautious

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, please close your bank acc asap. As well as get a CCTV for an xtra look out. If you seen any suspicious person at your door step, dial 999 immediately. We can’t guarantee if they will come or not, but it’s better to be cautious than not. If they continue texting / threaten you, please ignore.

Hi guys,so i made a report and likewise,the police told me to change number and such whicj is what i plan to do however the LS texted me with another number and told me he wil be waiting at my home.i called the police and they told me to be vigioant and they will send a patrol ard my area. WILL they actually come to my house?they only transferred me $200.So any advice? Just tryna be cautious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.