Wireless IP Camera thread

woaoww

Reaction score
Where to Buy Wyze Cam locally in Singapore

Hi guys - looking to buy Wyze Cams here locally (want to see the product before), is there any way to get it from Sim Lim or elsewhere ? Can't find anything online on that topic ?

Otherwise, do you know online retailers who would accept 'Change of mind' returns ?

Cheers.

Tyer

Master Member
Reaction score
No. There are usually apps for the IP cam that you can on your phone/tablet for LIVE view. If you need recording, you can use SD cards usually. One time costs, compared to cloud. If you need power supply, then you better get an electrician to help you make a power point. Otherwise see if your IP cam can work on power bank. Just my suggestion.

Dave27

Reaction score
How to configure tinycam to connect to my sineoji ipcam?

Must it be pro version? I dun mind paying but I was just trying the free version n got no idea how to setup

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T

Contact Dean from Sineoji, my sineoji cams were installed by him when I bought it. What I really like about the cams is the responsiveness when I view it from overseas, the connectivity is fast and smooth. I have both app, Sineoji app and tinycam app.

Last edited:

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes you can download the recorded history from your sdcard to your PC.

1. Identify the ip address of the cam. ( You can either use your iPhone sineoji app or the utility tool from Sineoji website).

2. Go to your chrome Web browser and enter the cam up address in this format.
Example 192.168.a.b:8081/SD

3. Login your cam username and password

4. Go to folder REC

5. Download the files you want.

I cannot access to my records, seems like some plugins r missing

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Contact Dean from Sineoji, my sineoji cams were installed by him when I bought it. What I really like about the cams is the responsiveness when I view it from overseas, the connectivity is fast and smooth. I have both app, Sineoji app and tinycam app.

I managed to get the tinycam working but I cannot connect to tinycam if I not connected to same wifi

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any xiaomi ip cam users here? About half the price of sineoji but downside is viewable by phone unless you install bluestacks.

goodwin

Reaction score
I managed to get the tinycam working but I cannot connect to tinycam if I not connected to same wifi

Using the tinycam app, you need to subscribe to a ddns service to redirect your Sineoji ipcams to the ddns host. Then you need to port forward the IP cam IP static address in your router. That's how it works.

If you are using the Sineoji app, this is not required. Sineoji ipcams is almost zero latency, thumbs up , regardless whether you are using either of the app from my observation so far.

goodwin

Reaction score
Means your IP cam address is incorrect or your port is wrong.

To get your Ipcam address, download the sineoji utility to your windows desktop. Open it and run the IP cam finder. Tap search, you will see an IP address and port number.

Go to your chrome web browser, enter the IP address and port number in the address bar, not in Google search bar. Example if your IP address is 192.168.1.10 and port number is 8081, enter 192.168.1.10:8081/sd in the address bar.

You will see a folder rec. Open up, and you should see all your clips there. If it is not there, means you have not turn on the recording function in the app.

Check the sineoji app, click i symbol, sdcard. Make sure sdcard capacity is not zero. Recording time must be on.

I used chrome, IE and Firefox, all cannot work

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am deciding between dlink camera and sineoji. My previous dlink dcs 5222L is faulty and is looking to replace one...

The camera should have micro-sd card recording, night vision, PTZ and most importantly, the app has to be user friendly because my dad and mum will often be accessing it. I am leaning towards sineoji due to the great support and user reviews here but I am unsure how the ios sineoji app is.

Yod4

Master Member
Reaction score
So i just changed my fibre provider to Singtel and have a new SSID setup for my network.
I did a reset on my Sineoji PT714 but wasn't able to detect the camera after that. Am i missing some step along the way?

Ows

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone using Arlo Pro 2 or DCS-2802KT? or any type of battery operated camera?

goodwin

Reaction score
I am deciding between dlink camera and sineoji. My previous dlink dcs 5222L is faulty and is looking to replace one...

The camera should have micro-sd card recording, night vision, PTZ and most importantly, the app has to be user friendly because my dad and mum will often be accessing it. I am leaning towards sineoji due to the great support and user reviews here but I am unsure how the ios sineoji app is.

The earliest version of the sineoji iOS app was a little buggy... Following the release of iOS 11 onwards, the sineoji app has updates and that ultimately fix it.

But I must give them credit for their after sales support..

goodwin

Reaction score
So i just changed my fibre provider to Singtel and have a new SSID setup for my network.
I did a reset on my Sineoji PT714 but wasn't able to detect the camera after that. Am i missing some step along the way?

Follow this steps which were given by Dean before

Connect a Lan cable from your router to the camera
Then open the Sineoji app
Click +
Click search
Select the cam ID
Enter password as admin
Click save
Then the camera shows online
Then click the small i symbol on the right
Go to WiFi
Choose your WiFi
Enter WiFi password
Click connect or save
Look at the camera, if it starts rotating, remove the Lan cable. Wait for 2 minutes until the camera status says online in the app.

Follow this steps
Wait until the cameras says online on the app

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The earliest version of the sineoji iOS app was a little buggy... Following the release of iOS 11 onwards, the sineoji app has updates and that ultimately fix it.

But I must give them credit for their after sales support..

I see. Thasnks.

Any recommendations for which sineoji models? Does it have motion detection? i only want it to film when there's motion.

Hot2002

Reaction score
For sineoji IP cam sensitivity setting, is level 1 or level 9 most sensitive ? Tried searching the user guide but to no avail

goodwin

Reaction score
I see. Thasnks.

Any recommendations for which sineoji models? Does it have motion detection? i only want it to film when there's motion.

I saw on Sineoji website that they have new cameras with Face Detection include a 180 degrees wide angle, PT818V. The PT816V is 142 degrees wide with Face Detection.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.