Lenovo Legion Y530

Ah Ken

Reaction score
student price works with lenovo leh. i tried, the cashback is in my shopback account now. just login to your student account accordingly after clicking on the shopback link

managed to buy the gaming mouse pad at $0.01 after emailing the sales person.

thinking of adding 2.5" internal hdd myself

Did u manage to match my price?

Ah Ken

Reaction score
I have not add a 2.5 storage drive yet. Thinking of a 1TB ssd leh. Will retain the lenovo though.. I feel NVME drives are still quite pricey.

I would like to share those who owns or intending to get this laptop. This model can be quite prone to pressure marks. I think this is influence by the soft back cover of the screen. I carry to school in my school bag and got the depression marks. Just avoid doing that or have a protected compartment. Best is carry by hand-carry case.

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
I have not add a 2.5 storage drive yet. Thinking of a 1TB ssd leh. Will retain the lenovo though.. I feel NVME drives are still quite pricey.

I would like to share those who owns or intending to get this laptop. This model can be quite prone to pressure marks. I think this is influence by the soft back cover of the screen. I carry to school in my school bag and got the depression marks. Just avoid doing that or have a protected compartment. Best is carry by hand-carry case.

im thinking of 1tb ssd also...but price. shall wait till black friday to see what i can get. currently 1tb samsung ssd is $210 on amazon.

any idea what do i need to add the 2.5" storage? like hdd/sdd drive or something

Ah Ken

Reaction score
im thinking of 1tb ssd also...but price. shall wait till black friday to see what i can get. currently 1tb samsung ssd is $210 on amazon.

any idea what do i need to add the 2.5" storage? like hdd/sdd drive or something

Look for other brands too. Maybe ADATA

Use the ribbon cable given, then go to disk management to initialise the drive. Done!

I watch youtube guide on opening the bottom case. Just follow and also download the hardware manual to follow. Get those plastic pry tools.

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
Look for other brands too. Maybe ADATA

Use the ribbon cable given, then go to disk management to initialise the drive. Done!

I watch youtube guide on opening the bottom case. Just follow and also download the hardware manual to follow. Get those plastic pry tools.

the other thread on lenovo y530 got this guy talking about 7mm and 9mm drive...idk what but he says the laptop only can take in 7mm one.

all ssd are 7mm i suppose?

Ah Ken

Reaction score
the other thread on lenovo y530 got this guy talking about 7mm and 9mm drive...idk what but he says the laptop only can take in 7mm one.

all ssd are 7mm i suppose?

Yes, so far its 7mm. I went to measure too. The only difference should be applied to hdd. 2.5 Hdd have the 2 size.

Was also think of using hdd instead since this laptop can use the optane memory

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
Yes, so far its 7mm. I went to measure too. The only difference should be applied to hdd. 2.5 Hdd have the 2 size.

how does optane memory work?

i know that this laptop can use optane memory but it's not included in the configurations right?

HolyInnocents

Reaction score

how does optane memory work?

i know that this laptop can use optane memory but it's not included in the configurations right?

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Just an update to my Legion Y530. Added 480GB SSD with the given sata ribbon cable and 8GB Ram (Black PCB) from Black Friday hoots. Sums up the upgrade for my laptop.

Before (ram slots are hidden behind the metal shield):
De5H230.jpg

After:
47kKbMY.jpg

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
Just an update to my Legion Y530. Added 480GB SSD with the given sata ribbon cable and 8GB Ram (Black PCB) from Black Friday hoots. Sums up the upgrade for my laptop.

Before (ram slots are hidden behind the metal shield):
De5H230.jpg

After:
47kKbMY.jpg

were u able to take out the entire tray for the SSD?

i could only put 3 screws in, there's like some tape underneath and I didn't want to destroy it

what's the speed that ur ram is running at? mine's only running at 2400 even though both my ram sticks are 2666

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Kjfmtgpl.jpg

All working well. Speed at 2666 but minor 100mb used by system.

Sent from LG G5 using GAGT

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought one yesterday... notice the wireless keep on dropping, have to reconnect then pages can load
Also the battery conservation mode they will auto optimize
Btw, u guys got undervolt this lappy?
Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.