Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

Nicholas555

Reaction score
ya I agree that buying china set is a good way to save money if you know how to set it up correctly. but other budget phones like samsung a series and realme also no need to do this kind of thing.
for me I custom rom is more to remove miui than to get gplay working, so to me the extra effort is worth it for stock android + extra customisations.

Sorry ive never flashed a rom or messed with my phone before so im not sure what modifications to do but what should i do once i get the k20? I heard most people just flash eu rom. Maybe you can share where i can find info on the different roms i can use and the other mods i need to add to make it a better experience closer to stock/pixel style. I dont mind spending time to learn

Edit: i may also consider getting the china set if sg sells more than $100 higher because from what i know the only difference is the roms which are changeable and that there is no local warranty right? And also i assume after i change the rom it will work like a global set? Anyone who did this with other xiaomis can confirm?

Last edited:

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry ive never flashed a rom or messed with my phone before so im not sure what modifications to do but what should i do once i get the k20? I heard most people just flash eu rom. Maybe you can share where i can find info on the different roms i can use and the other mods i need to add to make it a better experience closer to stock/pixel style. I dont mind spending time to learn

Edit: i may also consider getting the china set if sg sells more than $100 higher because from what i know the only difference is the roms which are changeable and that there is no local warranty right? And also i assume after i change the rom it will work like a global set? Anyone who did this with other xiaomis can confirm?

if u just want it to work then just follow what the others have suggested, install gplay services through the mi store, then set up from there. if you want to flash eu then u can google or go to xda for a general guide.

if u want a more pixel like experience I think there's a pixel exp gsi floating on xda that should work on every recently launched device with oreo and up.

suxalot

Reaction score
Global version for Mi 9T available on Lazada now, Global Technologies.

6/64 = $499
6/128 = $599

Thoughts on the price? Or should I wait.

suxalot

Reaction score
Yah. Particularly shocked by the increase in $100 for double the storage.

They’re clearly importing from Malaysia (June 20 delivery). Maybe wait for Malaysia to announce official price first?

woh so ex? this is only k20 not even the pro :(

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah. Particularly shocked by the increase in $100 for double the storage.

They’re clearly importing from Malaysia (June 20 delivery). Maybe wait for Malaysia to announce official price first?

if import from my might just as well cross over n ownself buy it lol

anyway more interested in k20 pro shall wait n see if not might just buy mi9 or op7 instead lol

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if import from my might just as well cross over n ownself buy it lol

anyway more interested in k20 pro shall wait n see if not might just buy mi9 or op7 instead lol
If cross over to buy, where will you recommend to get it from?

Sent from Tokyo-3 (NERV) using GAGT

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya but already sold out I bought a Redmi note 7 red 4/64 for 269 for my mom and my mom don’t want sigh so cancelled now there is 269 stuck in my laz wallet donno how to withdraw out

So search for mi9T came out the 499 but sold out

woh so ex? this is only k20 not even the pro :(

suxalot

Reaction score
Is it sold out? I still can select it leh. 5 items left.

Ya but already sold out I bought a Redmi note 7 red 4/64 for 269 for my mom and my mom don’t want sigh so cancelled now there is 269 stuck in my laz wallet donno how to withdraw out

So search for mi9T came out the 499 but sold out

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Global version for Mi 9T available on Lazada now, Global Technologies.

6/64 = $499
6/128 = $599

Thoughts on the price? Or should I wait.

the price is touching k20 pro price ... not worth.. maybe price started 300+ i might consider it instead of pro version..

suxalot

Reaction score
Ya. I think best to wait until Malaysia launch on 20 June so we got official comparison.

the price is touching k20 pro price ... not worth.. maybe price started 300+ i might consider it instead of pro version..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.