Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore (World Dream)

RockStar9238

Reaction score
Hi,

I need help. I would like to check anyone who went to Phuket dock free and easy. Kindly advise any taxi that we can take from the port or need to get cruise tour package?

kia0042

Reaction score
Genting policy, publicly announced is to cut back on Comps for the average gamblers not only for RWAS but the whole Genting group of companies. High Rollers would not do badly as I understand they are putting Platinum holders in Palace now.
PP for High Rollers would separate them from the average gamblers.
Gamblers would still get TP and GP which can be used for onboard purchases.
Only High Rollers would get the additional PP if they play in the high limit gambling area/rooms.

Plus Points aka PP replaced GP, they are the same, everyone can earn PP. The different is that you need to convert PP to E-credits at the ikiosk. 7400PP = 100 e-credits.
I just came back from Philippines trip, clocked quite an amount of PP. Redeemed $500 free play on the first day, $400 e-credits and $100 f&b but I lost the printout for my F&B voucher :s22:.
The entitlement for Palace guests have apparently dropped during my recent Philippines trip, entitled one dine at paid restaurant per day and cannot repeat to dine at the same restaurant for the entire trip. The food at deck 17 has also dropped compare to my previous Vietnam trip. I remembered during my Vietnam trip, the soup at deck 17 was filled with abalones everyday, but for the Philippines trip I only got to see 4 tiny abalones at my Hot pot meal for the entire trip.

Platinum holders not always get Palace, bro. My 21 Jun trip is Balcony cabin, My 26/7 slot tournament trip is still on waiting list, still don't have cabin for me despite I clocked over 100tp this Philippines trip. Still waiting for my agent to reply me.

lilycll

Reaction score
Plus Points aka PP replaced GP, they are the same, everyone can earn PP. The different is that you need to convert PP to E-credits at the ikiosk. 7400PP = 100 e-credits.
I just came back from Philippines trip, clocked quite an amount of PP. Redeemed $500 free play on the first day, $400 e-credits and $100 f&b but I lost the printout for my F&B voucher :s22:.
The entitlement for Palace guests have apparently dropped during my recent Philippines trip, entitled one dine at paid restaurant per day and cannot repeat to dine at the same restaurant for the entire trip. The food at deck 17 has also dropped compare to my previous Vietnam trip. I remembered during my Vietnam trip, the soup at deck 17 was filled with abalones everyday, but for the Philippines trip I only got to see 4 tiny abalones at my Hot pot meal for the entire trip.

Platinum holders not always get Palace, bro. My 21 Jun trip is Balcony cabin, My 26/7 slot tournament trip is still on waiting list, still don't have cabin for me despite I clocked over 100tp this Philippines trip. Still waiting for my agent to reply me.

The PP sounds like an old point system think was World Point with large number of 7 to 1 conversion ratio. As if they really want to drill down to the cents decimal to earn and redeem cabin.

Any idea how much Tier Point to earn your 7400PP?

The E-Credit earning has been there for sometime where you get $50 for earning 15TP, another $50 at 25TP and so on.

lilycll

Reaction score
May I check with you where do you go yourself when take taxi? Timing at Phuket very short from 7am to 3pm only. We plan to go shopping centre any idea what is the nearer shopping centre near the port.

The nearest shopping place is at Phuket Town which is about 15mins away by taxi. There is a small shopping plaza and some street shops.

The biggest shopping mall is Jungceylon which is almost opposite of the island about 45mins away depending on traffic condition. Most shops only open from about 11am so basically you dont get much time to shop if you go there since cruise will departs about 3pm.

kia0042

Reaction score
The PP sounds like an old point system think was World Point with large number of 7 to 1 conversion ratio. As if they really want to drill down to the cents decimal to earn and redeem cabin.

Any idea how much Tier Point to earn your 7400PP?

The E-Credit earning has been there for sometime where you get $50 for earning 15TP, another $50 at 25TP and so on.

I usually "aga aga" only. When I swapped my card at ikiosk, I see 100tp and PP was about 32k or 33k, so roughly how many tp earned for each 7400 redemption? hmmm... I lazy to calculate leh.

RockStar9238

Reaction score
The nearest shopping place is at Phuket Town which is about 15mins away by taxi. There is a small shopping plaza and some street shops.

The biggest shopping mall is Jungceylon which is almost opposite of the island about 45mins away depending on traffic condition. Most shops only open from about 11am so basically you dont get much time to shop if you go there since cruise will departs about 3pm.

Any idea what is the nearby shopping plaza?

lilycll

Reaction score
Any idea what is the nearby shopping plaza?

You can try Central Festival Phuket

The small shopping plaza at Phuket Town is Ocean Shopping Mall.

The cruise will anchor outside Phuket Deep Sea Port and the jetty is below

Last edited:

lilycll

Reaction score
thought of going on national day, but fully booked liao. :s13:

Not surprising especially is a long weekend coincides with National Day (Friday) and Hari Raya Haji (Monday). This is a 4D/3N Penang/Phuket Cruise instead of the usual 3D/2N weekend Bintan cruise. :s13:

kia0042

Reaction score
Not surprising especially is a long weekend coincides with National Day (Friday) and Hari Raya Haji (Monday). This is a 4D/3N Penang/Phuket Cruise instead of the usual 3D/2N weekend Bintan cruise. :s13:

I have booked 9/8 too.
Must take tender boat to Phuket, hesitate should I try or not...
GD experienced heavy storm last Wednesday and Thursday, the ship was rocking on Thursday midnight. Surprisingly, I didn't feel seasick at all, accordingly to my sister who visited the clinic on Friday morning, the clinic was packed with seasick paxes... :s22:

Winterdews

Reaction score
thought of going on national day, but fully booked liao. :s13:

Usually for super long weekends have to book at least 4 to 5 months in advanced. I guess the 9aug was sold out since May.

I booked the 9Aug dep online on 2Jan and they still have free balcony deluxe cabin back then. Current free cabin redemtpion have to call them more troublesome.

RockStar9238

Reaction score
You can try Central Festival Phuket

The small shopping plaza at Phuket Town is Ocean Shopping Mall.

The cruise will anchor outside Phuket Deep Sea Port and the jetty is below

Do we need to take small boat or the cruise at the jetty?

bojangle

Reaction score
Usually for super long weekends have to book at least 4 to 5 months in advanced. I guess the 9aug was sold out since May.

I booked the 9Aug dep online on 2Jan and they still have free balcony deluxe cabin back then. Current free cabin redemtpion have to call them more troublesome.

free cabin can book via online ah..

Winterdews

Reaction score
free cabin can book via online ah..

Yes on the old system before they started the new PP. As long you earn enough TP points you can book online for free cabin. But ever since late May if i remember correctly the online free cabin redemption was discontinued and only by using GP points can do it online. So now can only call or email them or do it onboard for free cabin. And as others have mentioned it is more tighter now for free cabins for the normal gamblers.

datolim

Reaction score
So far the only information we have on the 'plus points' is from kia.
Hope others would come forward with more info.
Do others who are not platinum members get PP also.
We want to know how it is related to the other points they get from gambling.

They keep on changing the Palace benefits.
The last time I was there 2 months ago they gutted the Palace buffet on the 17 floor. Only have soup, salad and desert.
They say can order from menu also. But it is lobster or steak. Lobster is half lobster tail and nothing to write home about.
Steak they call it Wangu steak but it is the same as what you get in the free Chinese restaurant on the 7 floor. I suppose they are too embarrass to call it porterhouse steak like in the Mark Best SH. Anybody who knows steak knows that has a bone in it.

I remember had abalone in the buffet. Alaskan King crab, suckling pig and very fine lamb chop there also in the Palace buffet.

Last edited:

lilycll

Reaction score
I have booked 9/8 too.
Must take tender boat to Phuket, hesitate should I try or not...
GD experienced heavy storm last Wednesday and Thursday, the ship was rocking on Thursday midnight. Surprisingly, I didn't feel seasick at all, accordingly to my sister who visited the clinic on Friday morning, the clinic was packed with seasick paxes... :s22:

Tender boat in Phuket will takes about 10-15mins journey between ship and jetty. If you are among the first batch of passengers to boat the boat first, you may have to wait onboard this small 'rolling' and sometime stuffy (depends on weather) boat for the rest until boat has enough passengers to move. This could be easily 5 to 15mins waiting and the feeling onboard will not be good for you. Probably you may want to stay onboard at Phuket anchorage. Guess you can only visit Penang.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.