[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
While it's a remake, I think they are looking at it as a 10-year project, kinda like FF15 (or FF13 before that). They built a world, then they just keep adding things to it using the game-as-a-service business model, selling incremental DLCs, costumes, cosmetics etc (and a 'pocket edition' and 'FF7 remake GO' too) to sustain revenue for many years. It's like MMORPG but single-player (who knows, maybe they will add some PvP arenas or battle royale, or PvE co-op).

Ya, they will milk it for sure. Developers just can't make a good complete game and then move on to another project (like God of War, Spider-man, Uncharted), it has to be a big live-service world :(. Even Ubisoft's big open-world games know how to move on to the next entry with different settings, even if gameplay is mostly the same.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
If they are adding significant character development or plot details and new gameplay mechanics (provided they are great) to enhance it into a full game, I think it's still worth the full game price each episode. Else just wait until many, many years later to get the "Complete Edition" if they ever finish it. They offer it but we can say no - just don't buy now and keep waiting, or buy-play-sell, minimize loss.

Worst nightmare I can think of is that they add in filler stuffs (useless sidequests, item collection for no rewards etc) to increase game length just for max milking through incoming years. I hope SE isn't making a mistake. FF games these days don't shine like before already.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
FF7 Remake first-class edition Cloud figure close up:
%E3%80%90e3-19%E3%80%91%E5%85%A8%E7%90%83%E6%B8%B8%E6%88%8F%E4%B8%9A%E7%95%8C%E5%B9%B4%E5%BA%A6%E7%9B%9B%E4%BA%8B%E7%BE%8E%E5%9B%BD-e3-%E7%94%B5%E7%8E%A9%E5%B1%95%E5%BC%80%E8%B7%91-%E7%8E%B0%E5%9C%BA-44.jpg

Greent

Reaction score
Not going to be $499 SGD for this 1st class edition when reach shore.
I'm have leak news that local store going to price this bundle at the price of $520 to $580 bucks which is equal to buying a ps4 pro liao.

As for the game itself, i will see more DLC coming in right after EP2 so unlikely to completed the whole series till PS5.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm have leak news that local store going to price this bundle at the price of $520 to $580 bucks which is equal to buying a ps4 pro liao.

As for the game itself, i will see more DLC coming in right after EP2 so unlikely to completed the whole series till PS5.

i shall wait for them to release a complete edition with all dlcs before buying.

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. Midgar is about 3/4 of disc 1. The end of disc 1 is when aerith gg.

Tbh, since it's a remake, I expect to see at least a game pass for the other episodes but I guess they will continue to squeeze

on PS1 last time, Midgar is disc 1. After the highway motorbike mini game, the gang ended at the top of a under construction highway road. That when they leave Midgar.

So you wouldn't see Yuffie, Cid, Catsmith, Vincent. The most you get XIII.

Disc 2 is where they leave Midgar and explore on world map, visit golden saucer, go to Tifa and Cloud hometown, meet the floating old man talking about how the planet is dying and Aerith died.

Disc 3 is final fight and explore map - get golden chocobo, knight of the round and unlock Vincent final ulti skill.

shin7829

Reaction score
i will not endorse neither will i buy the so called season 1 or part 1 of FF7 remake, no matter how attractive or what. sorry

imagine when they keep rolling out DLC la and etc??
or perhaps wait many more years before season 2
or worse season 2 or part 2 may never even be out lol
for goodness sake, when did we first hear they remaking FF7 and when is it even release lol

some others will buy, but i doubt i will.

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
on PS1 last time, Midgar is disc 1. After the highway motorbike mini game, the gang ended at the top of a under construction highway road. That when they leave Midgar.

So you wouldn't see Yuffie, Cid, Catsmith, Vincent. The most you get XIII.

Disc 2 is where they leave Midgar and explore on world map, visit golden saucer, go to Tifa and Cloud hometown, meet the floating old man talking about how the planet is dying and Aerith died.

Disc 3 is final fight and explore map - get golden chocobo, knight of the round and unlock Vincent final ulti skill.

Very obvious you remember wrongly. Below is 1(of many) walkthroughs for ff7

https://jegged.com/Games/Final-Fantasy-VII/Walkthrough/Disc-1/

rudylili

Reaction score
Our neighbour (Johor Bahru) has ore-ordered for RM $1499.....even lesser than $499. If our Singapore stores getting above $500....ripping Singapore consumers.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While it's a remake, I think they are looking at it as a 10-year project, kinda like FF15 (or FF13 before that). They built a world, then they just keep adding things to it using the game-as-a-service business model, selling incremental DLCs, costumes, cosmetics etc (and a 'pocket edition' and 'FF7 remake GO' too) to sustain revenue for many years. It's like MMORPG but single-player (who knows, maybe they will add some PvP arenas or battle royale, or PvE co-op).

Ya, they will milk it for sure. Developers just can't make a good complete game and then move on to another project (like God of War, Spider-man, Uncharted), it has to be a big live-service world :(. Even Ubisoft's big open-world games know how to move on to the next entry with different settings, even if gameplay is mostly the same.

If they are adding significant character development or plot details and new gameplay mechanics (provided they are great) to enhance it into a full game, I think it's still worth the full game price each episode. Else just wait until many, many years later to get the "Complete Edition" if they ever finish it. They offer it but we can say no - just don't buy now and keep waiting, or buy-play-sell, minimize loss.

Worst nightmare I can think of is that they add in filler stuffs (useless sidequests, item collection for no rewards etc) to increase game length just for max milking through incoming years. I hope SE isn't making a mistake. FF games these days don't shine like before already.

useless DLC SE mostly gave.

if they are willing to be like cdproject then ok, witcher 3 is a good example, story DLC with a whole new map and strong story plot. i dun mind paying more for such DLC.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
useless DLC SE mostly gave.

if they are willing to be like cdproject then ok, witcher 3 is a good example, story DLC with a whole new map and strong story plot. i dun mind paying more for such DLC.
My problem with DLC expansions is that by the time the expansion is out, I would have stopped playing the main game for months. It's very hard to pick up the game again to continue, especially for RPG type with lots of depth in the controls, skills, moves, equipment etc. The re-learning curve is often too steep, especially since the expansion won't start with 'tutorial' missions.

That reminds me, I still haven't play Horizon Zero Dawn expansion. Probably need to play the main game again on another account first.

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.