2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...๐Ÿ˜—๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ต

Jedski0412

Reaction score
You should send it to warranty.
Pixel 3 is supposed to withstand dropping in water. I always use mine in the shower.
Recently I dropped my pixel 3 into a toilet bowl and now it only accepts USB c charging or earpiece one side up. If plug in the other side, it doesn't charge or detect earpiece. Should I bring to warranty centre?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

tronald1981

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got a weird prob with my pixel 3 XL this morning
Running latest Android Q beta

I set my alarm at 4.45am and 5am.On the previous night,i had charged my phone to 100% before going to bed.

When the alarmed sounded at 4.45am,i woke up,dismiss the alarm and went back to slp,expecting to slp 15 mins more

I slept for a while,expecting the alarm to sound.When i checked the phone,it couldnt be turned on.i looked at my watch it was 5.10AM

I plugged my phone to the charging cable and realised the battery had completely been drained :eek:

Anyone encounter this before

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I dropped my pixel 3 into a toilet bowl and now it only accepts USB c charging or earpiece one side up. If plug in the other side, it doesn't charge or detect earpiece. Should I bring to warranty centre?

You should send it to warranty.
Pixel 3 is supposed to withstand dropping in water. I always use mine in the shower.

Before sending to the service center, try to clean the USB port first.

Hopefully, there is no sh*t or dirt stuck there. :s13:

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score

My phone also have to plug on a specific side too. If not doesn't charge. Seeking for solutions too!

Don't think it's a pixel thing. My essential phone, iPad pro also faces the same issue from time to time. :s22:

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL

pranksterz

Reaction score
I've triedcleaning the port but problem still persist. i wonder will they wipe out my phone if they were to repair the port.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think it's a pixel thing. My essential phone, iPad pro also faces the same issue from time to time. :s22:

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL

When you plug in and out frequently, that point of contact becomes wear and tear easily.

Anyway, it is so basic and easy thing to do first.

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
When you plug in and out frequently, that point of contact becomes wear and tear easily.

Anyway, it is so basic and easy thing to do first.

No lah bro don't think it's a wear and tear issue. When I first got my iPad pro I think within first 5 charge already kena this issue liao.

Plug in 20% at night still 20%. I think it's probably a USB C thing bah haha.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3a

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using original charger?

No lah bro don't think it's a wear and tear issue. When I first got my iPad pro I think within first 5 charge already kena this issue liao.

Plug in 20% at night still 20%. I think it's probably a USB C thing bah haha.

Amuroraysg

Master Member
Reaction score
strange why shop now stop selling pixel 3 xl... i check a few all no stock only have pixel 3a model.

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I kanna one time for ipad pro when using PD charger. It will keep ding ding ding, charge, then stop, then charge then stop. I change charger then ok already. Try back to the PD charger, also can work again. No idea what happen.

Yupp original charger.

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
I kanna one time for ipad pro when using PD charger. It will keep ding ding ding, charge, then stop, then charge then stop. I change charger then ok already. Try back to the PD charger, also can work again. No idea what happen.

Hahah probably we face the same issue I guess? That's why I think it's more of a USB C thing rather than device specific cause I also get it with essential phone and 2XL :s22:

Jun Kid328

Reaction score
Because the Pixel 3 and 3XL was released last year, and it didnโ€™t sell very well, forcing the price of them to drop. And now because its 2019, the Pixel 3 prices have dropped even lower, so low that if shops were to continue selling the pixel 3, then no one would buy the pixel 3a because the Pixel 3 uses the Snapdragon 845 chipset compared to the 3a 670 Chipset and has many more features than the Pixel 3a. Its a marketing trick that shops had to do in order to make the Pixel 3a sell well, since it is a newer phone.

strange why shop now stop selling pixel 3 xl... i check a few all no stock only have pixel 3a model.

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
Because the Pixel 3 and 3XL was released last year, and it didnโ€™t sell very well, forcing the price of them to drop. And now because its 2019, the Pixel 3 prices have dropped even lower, so low that if shops were to continue selling the pixel 3, then no one would buy the pixel 3a because the Pixel 3 uses the Snapdragon 845 chipset compared to the 3a 670 Chipset and has many more features than the Pixel 3a. Its a marketing trick that shops had to do in order to make the Pixel 3a sell well, since it is a newer phone.

I think it's probably due to the lower demand for pixel phones bah. Afterall most people still go for the typical brands like Samsung or HW. Maybe they don't want to keep stock since P4 coming out in another 3-4 months time.

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos Google is weak in their hw game. To them, almost everything can be fix with s/w.. 4GB ram in 2018 flahship
:s11:

bawawaw

Reaction score
Went back to Pixel 3 after 3months of using s10e.

s10e is great, specially the size, build and wide angle camera. But really can't compare with pixel's camera and ui experience (imho). s10e's camera is sometimes washed out specially the front cam. Which is most used for me for family gathering or trips.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.