How to lose belly fat

hzlahok

Reaction score
I’m 1.61m tall and weigh 46-7 kg.. however almost all the fats are accumulated in the belly area.. any routines / steps i can carry out at home? Cos I can’t go to gym

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Do plank and skipping rope. Body weight exercise you can find from youtube.

Read this forum sticky thread at top.

You cannot target specific target belly fat. It don't work that way. Diet also play a part to reduce belly fat. IMHO.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im in pretty good health can do any kind of exercise.. int to know which targets the belly haha if you know do lmk thanks :)

Not possible to target just belly fat. You could try reducing body fat while building muscles, if you are concerned about proportion.

20LEGEND

Reaction score
eat 50% less of what you are eating now. the science shows that diet impacts weight loss the most. exercise keeps you fit, but only contributes about 10% to weight loss.

ecan07

Reaction score
That's quite a low weight you have for your height??!!

I think if it all gathers around your tummy likely it's due to your habits, like drinking too much beer, sitting around too much, bad posture, poor diet etc.
You need to kick those bad habits first.
Then work on building muscles. Muscles and weight training will help you burn fats, but that will not target the belly specifically, just that in general you will burn fats as you build up these muscles.
Also work more on core muscles, planking etc. But to just work on that without working on overall muscles building will not be very effective i think.

Last resort, liposuction...

addats

Reaction score
going for long slow jog helps. Maintain your heart rate at about 150 to 160 and run for about 40 to 60 minutes. It works for me.

Of cause diet also, cut out all sugar. Just drink water, no can drinks, no outsdie drinks.

hithere1

Reaction score
going for long slow jog helps. Maintain your heart rate at about 150 to 160 and run for about 40 to 60 minutes. It works for me.

Of cause diet also, cut out all sugar. Just drink water, no can drinks, no outsdie drinks.

this. you have the answer here already if your goal is to just lose the tummy.

once you get started, consider doing HIIT

ecan07

Reaction score
HIIT is not for everyone especially those on elder shield.

If on Elder Shield there's little you can do really... Everything just slows down for you and it takes double the effort given that your muscle gets wasted away faster than the younger ones.
But just get more active in general, even if some form of housework everyday helps.
My dad semi retired and moved from a sedentary lifestyle to doing a few hours of cleaning work somewhere. Tummy significantly reduced with this more active lifestyle and lost weight.

But impossible to lose it all if you are not into strict fitness and diet regime. And that would not be healthy for him to do. So better to stay healthy than aiming to go that extreme shape when you are at that age.

ecan07

Reaction score

I think if you don't really exercise and start to go jogging on a consistent and disciplined way it will definitely help.
But problem with jogging is it will cause strain on your joints, especially knees and that will be a problem in future. Especially if you not careful of your posture.
For me jogging always cause discomfort for me in the hips. Not sure why. I can do other sports, or even gym classes like Body combat and stuff but jogging really kills me.

Key thing is find an exercise or sports that you really enjoy doing and do more of it whenever possible!

ecan07

Reaction score
Alternatively, go google for this one punch man regime this Singaporean guy tried to emulate the One Punch Man hero in the manga.

It sounds stupid i know, and i don't know if there was any faking in it, but if it's all true (takes crazy amounts of determination to stick to it every single day), then the results are stunning. You will slim down your tummy in no time.

Reaction score
Y ppl assuming exercise = weight loss? You gotta fix your diet before able to lose fats

Sent from Sony H8166 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.