Question about Malacca

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These last few times, I would just grab from Hatten to the Tamil church behind Jonker. RM 6-7 only.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Anywhere that shows soccer till late in Melaka? Will be staying in the Melaka Raya area and want to watch the Champions League final on 2 June.

Unable to name an exact place, but Melaka Raya is the right area to be looking for pubs or coffeeshops that screen matches.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These last few times, I would just grab from Hatten to the Tamil church behind Jonker. RM 6-7 only.

Did u try salvam restoran? It's near the church and the Indian (not Indian Moslem) food is pretty good n reasonable. Been eating there for > 10 yrs... From their old location to the present one.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
DoubleTree by Hilton is a nice and modern hotel. But the location is a little far from Jonker Street so be prepared to walk a distance or grab there.

Yeap. I see a Youtube review date last July. The guy mentioned he Grabbed to Jonker street for around 5-6 Ringgits. I guess that's fine.

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did u try salvam restoran? It's near the church and the Indian (not Indian Moslem) food is pretty good n reasonable. Been eating there for > 10 yrs... From their old location to the present one.
Where is this located? I'll be interested to try. :)

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is this located? I'll be interested to try. :)

Quite near the st Francis Xavier church, about less than 5min walk. From here, ask where is public bank. It's just around the corner.

Google for the restoran. Am sure u can find it.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
is 4d3n too long for malacca?

I did a 3D2N trip before by coach. A bit rushed and tiring.

Last year I did 4D3N because I didn't want to rush here and there like the previous time. This is more of a leisure, relaxing holiday for me.

Day 1: Took a leisure drive up, with breakfast and a bit of groceries (water, snacks for the long trip) in JB. Went into Yong Peng to look see.

Arrived and checked in around 4.30pm. Walk and snacked at Jonker for dinner.

Day 2: Went to see the Baba Nyonya museum, walk and eat at Jonker area. Shopping at the two big malls.
Dinner at Tong Sheng. Queued for 2 hours.

Day 3: Ate chicken rice balls. Climbed A Famosa and the attractions around there. Ate more chendol, shopped some more - it gets very hot in the afternoon so the best place to be is in the malls.

Day 4: Explored that big mosque by the sea. Buy nyonya kueh. Drive back to SG.

If you've been there before, there's no need to rush to see all the attractions.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am trying to book a bus from KL to Malacca on 10 August 2019, but easybus shows no buses, and redbus only has 1 company and when I try to book it, it says it's unavailable. Are there really no buses available on this date? Do you all see any?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I am trying to book a bus from KL to Malacca on 10 August 2019, but easybus shows no buses, and redbus only has 1 company and when I try to book it, it says it's unavailable. Are there really no buses available on this date? Do you all see any?

Haven't you encountered this before? You are probably too early. Try again in a few weeks. If you can, monitor the situation daily, and you will be able to confirm when tickets are released.

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did a 3D2N trip before by coach. A bit rushed and tiring.

Last year I did 4D3N because I didn't want to rush here and there like the previous time. This is more of a leisure, relaxing holiday for me.

Day 1: Took a leisure drive up, with breakfast and a bit of groceries (water, snacks for the long trip) in JB. Went into Yong Peng to look see.

Arrived and checked in around 4.30pm. Walk and snacked at Jonker for dinner.

Day 2: Went to see the Baba Nyonya museum, walk and eat at Jonker area. Shopping at the two big malls.
Dinner at Tong Sheng. Queued for 2 hours.

Day 3: Ate chicken rice balls. Climbed A Famosa and the attractions around there. Ate more chendol, shopped some more - it gets very hot in the afternoon so the best place to be is in the malls.

Day 4: Explored that big mosque by the sea. Buy nyonya kueh. Drive back to SG.

If you've been there before, there's no need to rush to see all the attractions.

There is an aquarium in a mall. Nice. Can check that out.

blu3r4in

Reaction score

It seems like the whole of August, there is no bus / coach services to and from Malacca, i am also looking at transport from Malacca to Genting or from Genting to Malacca, no sure it is because of the Hungry Ghost festival? If possible do update if you do manage to find the bus services available for August, i'll do the same whenever i check.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seems like the whole of August, there is no bus / coach services to and from Malacca, i am also looking at transport from Malacca to Genting or from Genting to Malacca, no sure it is because of the Hungry Ghost festival? If possible do update if you do manage to find the bus services available for August, i'll do the same whenever i check.

Did I read your post right?

I just checked this morning and did it again after reading your post. Anyhow threw a couple of dates and found a whole list of coaches...

https://www.easybook.com/en-sg/bus/booking/singapore-to-malacca

beanstalk6

Reaction score

I don't think the Hungry Ghosts stand in the way of coach operators from making money.
August tickets are available at KKKL and Starmart online or at their office at Beach Road.
www.kkkl.com.sg/
www.starmartbus.com/

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone got contacts for private car from Sg to Malacca to recommend? Can pm me?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.