New EC at Sumang Walk

azeris10

Reaction score
I am new here and like to share some personal thoughts from a non-agent perspective, which unfortunately could appear a bit unfavourable and less optimistic:

1. Far far away from the one and probably only one renowned neighbourhood primary school in Punggol (guess you know which one). But, close to some upcoming and brand-new schools.

2. Far away from major public transport hub - Punggol MRT and bus interchange, and commercial hub - waterway point, and Punggol policlinic. But close to LRT, and within walking distance to those hubs (pray for no rain and one can tolerate heat temperature for 20+ min walk in the morning)

3. Far away from the existing food court/hawker centre/wet market,...

4. Far away from existing KPE entrance, but close to TPE and CTE entrance

5. No so-called sea or waterfront view, but indeed waterway view with 10-meter wide.

6. All surrounded by HDB blocks within very close proximity and very busy main roads

7. Good to have the future pipeline of SIT uni and business park and so on, but, presumably and realistically, most students will be local who don't need to rent a room nearby and local employees. Even for foreign employees, Punggol is sure to have more than sufficient HDB rooms to rent at a much cheaper price with easy accessibility to the business park.

8. Beware of the new HDB rules that one can not even apply for new HDB flat (including EC) within their MOP, meaning demand from new BTO upgraders within the last 4-5 years will be largely dented.

9. For others meeting MOP requirement, it's always helpful to guess how many have already moved in all Punggol ECs in the last 5-10 years. Would they further consider upgrading from old EC to new EC?

10. Nonetheless, still, some will be keen to upgrade for sure.

11. Given the 14000 income ceiling, the 30% MSR, and 25% downpayment, as well as the gloomier SG economy and employment outlook, how much average households can afford or dare to afford (both downpayment and monthly instalment).

12. About HDB resale market, no need to mention too much about how challenging it is now to fetch a fairly good price as a major means to pay EC downpayment for most BTO upgraders. That means you really need to consume quite a bit your savings to buy EC.

A bit of thought so far for further discussions.

Good points. However, miss out one major point - EC is still the only route for sandwich class between HDB and private condo. There are many in this sandwich class and supply of EC is low, so expect oversubscription.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jialat. Long kar in front. Later breed lots of mosquitoes how? No direct river view. Blocked by hdb of all things.

Somemore near Pasir Gudang industrial area. Lots of harmful fumes.

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
I am new here and like to share some personal thoughts from a non-agent perspective, which unfortunately could appear a bit unfavourable and less optimistic:

1. Far far away from the one and probably only one renowned neighbourhood primary school in Punggol (guess you know which one). But, close to some upcoming and brand-new schools.

2. Far away from major public transport hub - Punggol MRT and bus interchange, and commercial hub - waterway point, and Punggol policlinic. But close to LRT, and within walking distance to those hubs (pray for no rain and one can tolerate heat temperature for 20+ min walk in the morning)

3. Far away from the existing food court/hawker centre/wet market,...

4. Far away from existing KPE entrance, but close to TPE and CTE entrance

5. No so-called sea or waterfront view, but indeed waterway view with 10-meter wide.

6. All surrounded by HDB blocks within very close proximity and very busy main roads

7. Good to have the future pipeline of SIT uni and business park and so on, but, presumably and realistically, most students will be local who don't need to rent a room nearby and local employees. Even for foreign employees, Punggol is sure to have more than sufficient HDB rooms to rent at a much cheaper price with easy accessibility to the business park.

8. Beware of the new HDB rules that one can not even apply for new HDB flat (including EC) within their MOP, meaning demand from new BTO upgraders within the last 4-5 years will be largely dented.

9. For others meeting MOP requirement, it's always helpful to guess how many have already moved in all Punggol ECs in the last 5-10 years. Would they further consider upgrading from old EC to new EC?

10. Nonetheless, still, some will be keen to upgrade for sure.

11. Given the 14000 income ceiling, the 30% MSR, and 25% downpayment, as well as the gloomier SG economy and employment outlook, how much average households can afford or dare to afford (both downpayment and monthly instalment).

12. About HDB resale market, no need to mention too much about how challenging it is now to fetch a fairly good price as a major means to pay EC downpayment for most BTO upgraders. That means you really need to consume quite a bit your savings to buy EC.

A bit of thought so far for further discussions.

annetyu, we all have witnessed ur efforts and time spent in this forum to keep telling pple how bad, gloomy and dumb to buy all these new projects.

Well. please look and follow at how Lisun777 present his/her arguments
this is the correct way to make your arguments relevant and meaningful.

your usual style of nagging, whining and insulting potential buyers or pple who already bought those new projects is just simply out of point and irritating.

Cheers,

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Jialat. Long kar in front. Later breed lots of mosquitoes how? No direct river view. Blocked by hdb of all things.

Somemore near Pasir Gudang industrial area. Lots of harmful fumes.

The picture looked so nice... but its only the waterway, across it still blocked by
HDB.

lion888

Reaction score
annetyu, we all have witnessed ur efforts and time spent in this forum to keep telling pple how bad, gloomy and dumb to buy all these new projects.

your usual style of nagging, whining and insulting potential buyers or pple who already bought those new projects is just simply out of point and irritating.

Cheers,

I want to give you a thousand likes bro

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Good points. However, miss out one major point - EC is still the only route for sandwich class between HDB and private condo. There are many in this sandwich class and supply of EC is low, so expect oversubscription.

This I agree.. those couples earning between 12k to 14k and wanting a new unit means no bto and no resales, EC is a better buy than condo... Not sure how many people in this range through..

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

Cheers,

Ah ma got no patience to post 1 long post like that, all these are basic knowledge that propective buyers should alr know. If you notice, I gave LISUN's post a like as soon as it was posted.

By the way, I believe I have covered half of those points and more amongst my many posts.

If you want to continue being biased against me and attacking me, it reflects poorly on yourself. :o

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Why no agents posting the floor plans? THey are out. :) When it is your time to shine, you are all gone.

The most common type is 839sqft 3-bedder. It appears okok, best to take a look at the show unit, probably will be more cram in reality.

The 969sqft superior will be first to sell out. 969x1150= $1,114,350. All the best.

Piermont Grand floorplans
https://www.piermontgrandec.com.sg/floor-plans/

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3br has a long walkway, a/c ledge abit big.
3 and 5 premium has loft units.

skizzer

Reaction score
Why no agents posting the floor plans? THey are out. :) When it is your time to shine, you are all gone.

The most common type is 839sqft 3-bedder. It appears okok, best to take a look at the show unit, probably will be more cram in reality.

The 969sqft superior will be first to sell out. 969x1150= $1,114,350. All the best.

https://www.piermontgrandec.com.sg/floor-plans/

Is 1150 the lowest reported price range or expected median? Gg liao leh if it cost 1150.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

https://www.pierec.com.sg/floor-plans/

Take note that all these websites do not belong to the developer as the developers are not so free to create websites for every project. They all belonged to agents.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Take note that all these websites do not belong to the developer as the developers are not so free to create websites for every project. They all belonged to agents.

I do know that, was asking why none of the many agents here are posting it on this forum.

Go to the pricing page of that website and you will see all sort of BS written by agents. Read with caution... “Considering that new launches in the area are already selling at $1,400 to $1,500 psf, Piermont Grand will be highly sought after as a true new launch pricing with much capital upside.” Since when PG, SK have new launch at $1500psf? :o

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do know that, was asking why none of the many agents here are posting it on this forum.

Go to the pricing page of that website and you will see all sort of BS written by agents. Read with caution... “Considering that new launches in the area are already selling at $1,400 to $1,500 psf, Piermont Grand will be highly sought after as a true new launch pricing with much capital upside.” Since when PG, SK have new launch at $1500psf? :o
If I'm a newbie I could have take it as it is.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.99.co/blog/singapore/hdb-punggol-pasir-gudang/

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), “benzene is carcinogenic to humans, and no safe level of exposure can be recommended”.

Something in the air
Because of the concentration of petrochemical activities in Pasir Gudang, Singaporeans living in the north-east have at various times reported “chemical smells”. What they are smelling is actually a mixture of sulfur dioxide and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).

And no, these reactions aren’t psychological. A 2015 Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment by Lotte Chemical Titan, which operates one of the largest petrochemical facilities in Pasir Gudang, found that the measured values of some VOCs within the plant’s premises exceeded “odour threshold values”, owing to the large number of similar oleochemical plants in the area.

Read more https://www.99.co/blog/singapore/hdb-punggol-pasir-gudang/

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah ma got no patience to post 1 long post like that, all these are basic knowledge that propective buyers should alr know. If you notice, I gave LISUN's post a like as soon as it was posted.

By the way, I believe I have covered half of those points and more amongst my many posts.

If you want to continue being biased against me and attacking me, it reflects poorly on yourself. :o

i dunno how the rest view me but i like to state my opinions and thoughts on rude and disrespectful pple like you lurking in the forum.

but i am sure you are a naggy whining and disrespectful person to many here.

and here you talk about "reflects poorly"

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
i dunno how the rest view me but i like to state my opinions and thoughts on rude and disrespectful pple like you lurking in the forum.

but i am sure you are a naggy whining and disrespectful person to many here.

and here you talk about "reflects poorly"

Speak for yourself. Who is being naggy, rude and disrespectful now. Don't embarrass yourself.

I have not gotten into any arguments since the episode with Mr Ni last month. Now you have to come in to create trouble.. :o

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Found this online...

Project Launch Targetted Date :

Showflat viewing / E-Application Submission Date :

From Friday 28/06 - Sunday 07/07/19

Price Release Date : Thur 11/07/19

Booking Date : Sat 13/07/19

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Sharing some photos!

ec1.jpg

Piermont-Grand-Cantilvered-Gym.jpg

Piermont-Grand-50m-Lap-Pool.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.