Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just odined it :D all smooth...and yes..the night mode and QR scan direct at normal cam...

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT
qr scan, how to see it in camera? thank you

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
I still find CSC a bad system for customizing various features like Samsung Pay localisation. iPhone dont have such issues, even you buy iPhone in US, all its features will work without a hitch in Singapore, just need change the region in settings.

It is..sadly it will be the case for now.

On our end of things, Samsung Singapore is very Telco bound. They have tons of testing and customisation to the Firmware with the telco that causes us to get updates later. That is why you see we differ greatly from the standard builds that comes out monthly.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Camera > Bixby Vision(top left) > Settings
aBP33n1l.jpg

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the new camera will auto detect qr code content...last time need to switch to Bixby...now no need.

jeMzAq7l.jpg

ahber79

Reaction score
the new camera will auto detect qr code content...last time need to switch to Bixby...now no need.

jeMzAq7l.jpg

I don't have this QR code setting in my camera. Only have the Scene Optimiser and Flaw Detection.

How you enable this QR code option?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't have this QR code setting in my camera. Only have the Scene Optimiser and Flaw Detection.

How you enable this QR code option?
are you on latest csf9?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How will it affect the warranty if u change the firmware to CSF9?

Odin to other region FW will not trigger knox which is not really like jailbroken the phone...

but it depend on how you talk to the technician when you send for service...

if you don't know what you doing...then better don't odin...for myself..i like to root...flash...jail break my device...odin to me is quite straight forward of flashing ;)

donetus

Reaction score
i'm quite familiar with flashing ROMS so this isn't new. Hahah .. but i guess i can always revert it back to the original firmware.

I'm just more concerned on the warranty since it's been a while since i used Samsung. The last one that I used was Note 2.

Odin to other region FW will not trigger knox which is not really like jailbroken the phone...

but it depend on how you talk to the technician when you send for service...

if you don't know what you doing...then better don't odin...for myself..i like to root...flash...jail break my device...odin to me is quite straight forward of flashing ;)

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm quite familiar with flashing ROMS so this isn't new. Hahah .. but i guess i can always revert it back to the original firmware.

I'm just more concerned on the warranty since it's been a while since i used Samsung. The last one that I used was Note 2.

just follow this on xda https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to/official-stock-fw-update-odin-thread-xx-t3825204 .... and make sure you choose home_csc file when you select the csc option....all your data will be intact..

Last edited:

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently note 9 keeps hanging especially during charging..any idea what causes this? dint install any new apps for a few months, so cannot be apps that causes the hang.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently note 9 keeps hanging especially during charging..any idea what causes this? dint install any new apps for a few months, so cannot be apps that causes the hang.

charger issue?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. I'm on CSDE. Tried to update firmware but it says this is the latest firmware.
I use Odin to flash the latest...sg here wont be getting this update ....till dunno when :)

LordDo0m

Reaction score
2 questions:

1) After flashing via odin, will I still be able to receive subsequent OTA updates?

2) Based on this link, it says that we can use smart switch to "flash" firmware. Anyone can confirm?

https://itechify.com/2019/03/04/install-stock-firmware-galaxy-s10-plus/

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 questions:

1) After flashing via odin, will I still be able to receive subsequent OTA updates?

2) Based on this link, it says that we can use smart switch to "flash" firmware. Anyone can confirm?

https://itechify.com/2019/03/04/install-stock-firmware-galaxy-s10-plus/
You will receive the ota from the region you flash to...but why would you rely on OTA after Odin? Just odin all the way...it take like 15mins and all done :D

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
S10+ with this month official update just point the camera cannot QR Scan, thanks

tanjimmy

Reaction score
Update my note 9 with odin on jun security, the camera has night mode and QR code scanner, but this firmware drains battery like hell.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.