HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if newly opened the EGA account on 7th June at roadshow, until now still havnt receive debit card, is this normal ?

if put only 200k in it from 7th Jun till 30th Jun , will it mean that the bonus savings interest will not be able to get 2% coz ADB for June has fallen below 200k ? --- and following month will be imposed a fall below fee ?

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Some have shared that EGA no need registration and will auto enrol. So if you open account in June you might end up being enrolled for Jun to Aug even if you deposit funds in Jul.

Existing premier cannot get welcome rebates and vouchers but can still get the $200 vouchers for topup during roadshow.

I am waiting to open EGA online on 1 Jul and fast transfer during roadshow.

BTW you have mentioned Jul "freebies". What are you referring to ? The bonus interest ?

there is a form to register for EGA
https://www.apps.asiapacific.hsbc.com/1/2/sgh2/hsbc-msv-campaign
A HSBC Everyday Global Account, HSBC Premier Account, HSBC Advance Account or HSBC Statement Savings Account is required to enjoy this promotion.

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if newly opened the EGA account on 7th June at roadshow, until now still havnt receive debit card, is this normal ?

if put only 200k in it from 7th Jun till 30th Jun , will it mean that the bonus savings interest will not be able to get 2% coz ADB for June has fallen below 200k ? --- and following month will be imposed a fall below fee ?

Never wait for them to send. You can request for it here. Get it in less than a week.

https://www.hsbc.com.sg/debit-card/products/everyday-global/

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've approximately 30k cash in advance account in month of may and I just opened in early may. I was quite surprised to see credit bonus of $19.13 in account in early june. Does anyone know how is there credit bonus for advance account? I always thought interest rate for advance account is 0.05%.

Edit; I don't spend using HSBC debit card but I use HSBC advance credit card instead, incurring 4k in credit card spend.

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

Fujima

Reaction score
should be the usual new customer step up bonus of 1.45% pa, for advance acct

you could consider putting $800 of your cc spend on the debit card, think the additional interest earned is slightly better

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've approximately 30k cash in advance account in month of may and I just opened in early may. I was quite surprised to see credit bonus of $19.13 in account in early june. Does anyone know how is there credit bonus for advance account? I always thought interest rate for advance account is 0.05%.

Edit; I don't spend using HSBC debit card but I use HSBC advance credit card instead, incurring 4k in credit card spend.

When you open the account, they did not give you the terms and conditions ? You can refer here :
https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Con...apore/campaigns/savings/step_up_existing.html

Since you open in May, your cycle should be May, Jun and July.

Make sure your balance don't go below 30k till 31 July to get the bonus interest of 1.45%. If you spend min $800 using the debit card, you will get another 1.5%. Debit card spending is based on transaction date so see if you can still make it for June and Jul. See the tnc above for debit card exclusion.

Did they sign you up for the welcome gift? $108 cash rebate. If so, you need to keep at least 30k for 90 days from the deposit clearing date. So you might need to keep beyond 31Jul.
https://cdn.hsbc.com.sg/content/dam...ance/welcome-rewards-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Last edited:

Mazonrc

Reaction score

i signed up 1st june at mp branch. til today yet to receive debit card. hsbc so slow?

shengliang1981

Reaction score
When you open the account, they did not give you the terms and conditions ? You can refer here :
https://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_ES_Con...apore/campaigns/savings/step_up_existing.html

Make sure your balance don't go below 30k till 31 July to get the bonus interest of 1.45%. If you spend min $800 using the debit card, you will get another 1.5%. Debit card spending is based on transaction date so see if you can still make it for June and Jul. See the tnc above for debit card exclusion.

Did they sign you up for the welcome gift? $108 cash rebate. If so, you need to keep at least 30k for 90 days from the deposit clearing date. So you might need to keep beyond 31Jul.
https://cdn.hsbc.com.sg/content/dam...ance/welcome-rewards-terms-and-conditions.pdf

For bonus interest of 1.45%, need to keep minimum $30k for 3 months meh?

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I was told that this 1.5% is not applicable to advance account by the RM who signed me up and that advance account only gets 0.05% flat. However, he gave me a welcome gift for putting in lump sum of 30k straight. I guess this is a welcome surprise to me.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was told that this 1.5% is not applicable to advance account by the RM who signed me up and that advance account only gets 0.05% flat. However, he gave me a welcome gift for putting in lump sum of 30k straight. I guess this is a welcome surprise to me.

Huh? Why are you willing to put in 30k for just 0.05% interest ? There are many accounts that can earn more than that. Most people open the accounts for the bonus interest.

I hope the RM enrolled you for the $108 welcome gift. You need to keep funds for at least 90 days from deposit clearance date.

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For bonus interest of 1.45%, need to keep minimum $30k for 3 months meh?

No need. But likely he will lose the welcome gift if less than 90 days. And no point joining the cycle and not enjoying the bonus interest till Jul.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? Why are you willing to put in 30k for just 0.05% interest ? There are many accounts that can earn more than that. Most people open the accounts for the bonus interest.

I hope the RM enrolled you for the $108 welcome gift. You need to keep funds for at least 90 days from deposit clearance date.

My rationale is the 3.5% cashback when paired with HSC advance credit card for big ticket purchases for my wedding and electrical appliances from my bto HDB. After I'm done with these purchases, I'll transfer the 30k elsewhere.

vddgnd

Reaction score
Anyone successfully change the EGA debit card from NetsFP to bank mode?
There is no option to change at GTM. Is it because this card has many currency accounts?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone successfully change the EGA debit card from NetsFP to bank mode?
There is no option to change at GTM. Is it because this card has many currency accounts?

I can change to bank mode at gtm without the need to add card to simplygo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.