New EC at Sumang Walk

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am new here and like to share some personal thoughts from a non-agent perspective, which unfortunately could appear a bit unfavourable and less optimistic:

1. Far far away from the one and probably only one renowned neighbourhood primary school in Punggol (guess you know which one). But, close to some upcoming and brand-new schools.

2. Far away from major public transport hub - Punggol MRT and bus interchange, and commercial hub - waterway point, and Punggol policlinic. But close to LRT, and within walking distance to those hubs (pray for no rain and one can tolerate heat temperature for 20+ min walk in the morning)

3. Far away from the existing food court/hawker centre/wet market,...

4. Far away from existing KPE entrance, but close to TPE and CTE entrance

5. No so-called sea or waterfront view, but indeed waterway view with 10-meter wide.

6. All surrounded by HDB blocks within very close proximity and very busy main roads

7. Good to have the future pipeline of SIT uni and business park and so on, but, presumably and realistically, most students will be local who don't need to rent a room nearby and local employees. Even for foreign employees, Punggol is sure to have more than sufficient HDB rooms to rent at a much cheaper price with easy accessibility to the business park.

8. Beware of the new HDB rules that one can not even apply for new HDB flat (including EC) within their MOP, meaning demand from new BTO upgraders within the last 4-5 years will be largely dented.

9. For others meeting MOP requirement, it's always helpful to guess how many have already moved in all Punggol ECs in the last 5-10 years. Would they further consider upgrading from old EC to new EC?

10. Nonetheless, still, some will be keen to upgrade for sure.

11. Given the 14000 income ceiling, the 30% MSR, and 25% downpayment, as well as the gloomier SG economy and employment outlook, how much average households can afford or dare to afford (both downpayment and monthly instalment).

12. About HDB resale market, no need to mention too much about how challenging it is now to fetch a fairly good price as a major means to pay EC downpayment for most BTO upgraders. That means you really need to consume quite a bit your savings to buy EC.

A bit of thought so far for further discussions.

imo subjective really... maybe many pple are pampered nowadays, as long as it’s not fully sheltered right at the doorstep, it’s considered far liao. :D

Regarding distance, it’s not that daunting actually. If you see the map, only need to cross one estate (waterway terraces) and it’s all sheltered. The only exposure is the initial crossing of the road from the ec and final crossing to waterway point. Should not take 20mins unless really like couple strolling on beach pace lol... Otherwise can take lrt 2 stops.

For KPE... there is TPE. It’s just going past punggol and exit liao. Or take punggol dr all the way to the new interchange to get to KPE. Very fast. I take that route everyday... tracking back along punggol way and turn to safra and onto punggol dr instead of punggol way straight to TPE.

For food, not that bad la. There are some shophouses at the hdb right opposite.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Sharing more images

ec5.jpg

floorplan1.jpg

floorplan2.jpg

floorplan3.jpg

floorplan4-5br.jpg

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score
Speak for yourself. Who is being naggy, rude and disrespectful now. Don't embarrass yourself.

I have not gotten into any arguments since the episode with Mr Ni last month. Now you have to come in to create trouble.. :o

I only like to find troubles with trouble makers like u. I like to fight the bullies.

U have been in arguments with a handful of pple here. U have been disrespectful in ur words throughout.

U better behave urself old lady or whatever u are hiding behind that screen of urs.

I will leave it as it is for now and if u ever start being disrespectful and calling others stupid, dumb or whatsoever, i will just have to voice my protest against ur bad behaviour in this forum.

Be good girl and cheers.

Have a nice day.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Only newbies will be taken in by that. And it makes sense since EC are mainly for newbies. :)

Different pple have different Budget and preference.
Another insensitive comments from you again.
Sigh, some pple just never learn.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Different pple have different Budget and preference.
Another insensitive comments from you again.
Sigh, some pple just never learn.

Is it not a fact that most EC buyers are first time condo buyers? Is there a nicer way to call newbies? Please let me know if there is.. :)

Is it also not a fact that calling this EC "luxury" is an overstatement? :o

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Is it not a fact that most EC buyers are first time condo buyers? Is there a nicer way to call newbies? Please let me know if there is.. :)

Yesterday I was discussing with my Wife probably one day when we reach our retirement age, EC May be a cheaper option for us after cashing out all our property.
Do I sound like a newbie to you?
If yes, it’s also my own personal preference.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Yesterday I was discussing with my Wife probably one day when we reach our retirement age, EC May be a cheaper option for us after cashing out all our property.
Do I sound like a newbie to you?

That is why I said most. I am aware of rare cases like yours since I have also considered this option before but location is a nono despite it being so cheap (previously).

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
That is why I said most. I am aware of rare cases like yours since I have also considered this option before but location is a nono despite it being so cheap (previously).

Btw, under current rules, you cannot buy another hdb/ec property if you own private property in the past 3 years. So you will have to stay in HDB flat for 3 years first.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

If both you and me have admitted we do consider this as an option, it means it shouldn’t be rare cases.
Location is subjective, prive and sumang both are within walking distance to amenities.
It’s a nono to us doesn’t mean it’s a nono to others.
Some pple choose Punggol because they want to stay close to parents and there’s are many more others reasons.
Just a reminder we need to be sensitive in our remarks.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Btw, under current rules, you cannot buy another hdb/ec property if you own private property in the past 3 years. So you will have to stay in HDB flat for 3 years first.

Yes I’m fully aware of this, don’t worry, I have some property not under my name.
While waiting for 3 years, I have a place to stay.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
If both you and me have admitted we do consider this as an option, it means it shouldn’t be rare cases.
Location is subjective, prive and sumang both are within walking distance to amenities.
It’s a nono to us doesn’t mean it’s a nono to others.
Some pple choose Punggol because they want to stay close to parents and there’s are many more others reasons.
Just a reminder we need to be sensitive in our remarks.

Ok sure.

Location may be subjective but the current projected pricing is a nono...

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Ok sure.

Location may be subjective but the current projected pricing is a nono...

I am going to agree on this because the recent erp by distance may have impact in the property market. Pay as you Drive.
Location near to mrt, Malls, office has become rather crucial.
If owning a car is a hefty burden for those who retired, location is king.

Last edited:

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The most common type is 839sqft 3-bedder. It appears okok, best to take a look at the show unit, probably will be more cram in reality.

The 969sqft superior will be first to sell out. 969x1150= $1,114,350. All the best.

Piermont Grand floorplans
https://www.piermontgrandec.com.sg/floor-plans/

So the 4-room is selling at more than $1.5m? That is madness!

fotoudavid

Reaction score
Confirm many buyers for smallest EC. Can't say for bigger units now as the biggest unit doesn't look big compared to past development.

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apart from layout and CDL standard on defects, this smart home things probably attract a lot of buyers, it din cost a lot but save the trouble to DIY, but owner may need to find out how they hook-up especially those hard wired in case wanna add-on or spoil liao wanna change after warranty.
"🔸 1 Gateway
🔸 2 Aircon Control (Living & Master)
🔸 4 Ways Digital Door Lockset (Yale) Card/Pin/Mechanica Key/Mobile App
🔸 1 Lighting Control
🔸 Door Sensor
🔸 Smart Voice System (Google home mini)
🔸 SD Card Slot
🔸 Smart Community"

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score

Wait 30 months or 2.5 years after selling the private property.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
wow, so many stacks for 5 bedrooms. Quite rare.

Likely most buyers of the 5 bedders will be staying with parents.

Since the psf is so high, CDL probably thought it would be better to market it to multi-generational families who are more likely able to afford it with their pooled finances.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.